Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ugh, I feel for him. Hopefully he can work hard over the summer and come back strong next season.

Ahmadi8, Anon., MiamiNative0722 and 2 others repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    What style of play is that? And he has never struggled with fitness at Chelsea as much as he had with us, I believed in all of his years there he’s only had one long term injury.

Our most dominant wins took place with Hazard in the 11 anyways, a 5-1, 4-0, 6-0 and another high scoring game.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you believe that he can be a player we rely on for numbers and goal output that's great, and we can always hope, but he hasn't really been that player for the majority of his career with an exception here and there.

It's not his fault, it's the clubs fault.

RMSocrates repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We play much faster than Chelsea did.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's going to the euro, then on an extended vacation and joining up late with the rest of the internationals.

6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    But not faster than Belgium, anyways I believe that his struggles with us come down to unprofessionalism/fitness plus new club new country and you don’t, you think this is the best he can give, we don’t and won’t agree so let’s leave it at that.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    ********, I forgot about that.

8. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    F*ck

Lyra repped this.
  9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Hazard should have his ankle operated and forget about the euros, he needs to make amends, he won’t get any sympathy from us if next season is anything like this one.

Oh and he shouldn’t accept being on FIFA’s cover, it’s a curse, only players who’s escaped it are Messi and CR but they’re GOATs:D

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At least he can eat as much as he wants now...
    For sure one of the top 3 perez flops.

RMrules repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    God damn right. You and I were pretty much the only ones saying this in the summer. Horrible season from him.

And for those saying the injuries aren’t his fault. Sure someone tackles you badly and breaks your leg you can’t do much about that. But showing up horribly unfit to start the season leaves you more susceptible to muscular and joint injuries. That’s just a fact. Also Jonathan woodgate didn’t show up unfit and got injured again and again. Unlike Hazard He had a reputation of being made out of glass and even then I remember most here called him names and spit at him for getting injured. But with hazard it’s different? At least Woody didn’t cost 110M

MerlinRM repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AS predict a layoff of at least 2 months. So basically season over for him I guess? Maybe coming back for a few weeks to not miss the euro?

13. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He injured himself in Aug/Sep by trying to lose his extra weight quickly, then remained overweight and in dire form for the rest of the calendar year until an ankle sprain put him out for 2 and a half months! How is he not to be blamed for anything past pre-season? It’s the epitome of poor work ethic, it’s embarrassing for him.

surgeon and RMSocrates repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Well I’ll be....... I actually agree with you.

15. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At Chelsea he basically played a free role. He was allowed to do anything he wishes. He gets the ball at his feet and dribbles when he loses the ball everyone hustles to get the ball and give it back to Hazard rinse and repeat

At a top club like Madrid brimming with stars you won't get that opportunity in Madrid you have players who were leaders at their previous teams but had to drop their creativity and ego to become water carriers for the good of the team

Basically if you are not Messi Ronaldo or prime Neymar, no one in Madrid will give you that

Before Hazard will be fully fit to play 100% for Madrid, might be next season

Will a player 6months from his 30th birthday make the type of adjustments necessary. Its a major adjustment from how he has played for most of his career

NB: Can Madrid overrule his Euro participation and force him to a surgery(if necesary) and rigorous fitness program for his weight

He owes the club big time and has to start deliver from game 1 next season. No Euro extended vacation

RMSocrates repped this.
  16. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yup not sure what’s so hard to understand, Hazard has never been a consistent goal threat. The sideways dribbles annoys me as well, doesn’t seem like he is a direct dribbler pushing the D.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It depends if a surgery is required in the first place. The injury they diagnosed can apparently be anywhere from a cast and rest to surgery, lengthy recovery etc.

18. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I fear we may have bought him a little late, sadly.

19. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course its too late, because Hazard is a kind of player who won't be on his toplevel till over his 30's. I thought we could get 3 good seasons out of him, 1 is already gone.

I remember Ronaldo's first season when he got injured and how he came back. Hazard doesn't even stand in his shadow.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People spent all summer saying Hazard would age amazingly because his strength isn't physicality but skill, his creativity, etc.

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we're still in the race for the league I dam well hope the club doesn't let him use those games to "play" himself into shape for another team.

I'm almost sure Flo would go along with it tho, in the hope that he's able to pick up a few endorsements over the summer.

22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Ahh, next season, where he would have cost £0. That's probably the toughest pill to swallow when it comes to this transfer.

Ahmadi8 and temesgen repped this.
  23. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    agreed, but tells us more about the club decision than Hazard himself, 100M for 1 season its a bad decision by any means

MerlinRM repped this.
  24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Always was the case and I feel the club superficially felt pressure from the fans to replace Ronaldo after a poor season without him.

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol that's a reach. Zidane loves dribblers like him and Isco. Not because he is Muslim lol

RMSocrates repped this.