Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't care about Belgium, but it seems a lot of people here do, based on the hate Hazard is receiving for his Belgium performances.

I'm sure you understand perfectly that saying "Belgium is losing because Hazard is a bad leader" not only is a false statement, but it also has no bearing on how much longer he is going to be a Madrid player. He has one more year left and unless the contract is renegotiated to reflect his value and ability, shitting on him for every thing he has or hasn't done wrong is pointless.

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Ok. I’ll reword it lol

Hazard being the leader definitely is not helping them not lose

arcane and BocaFan repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dozens of things are not helping them not lose more than Hazard being the leader. So if you select and emphasize that, you're pointlessly hating.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Never pointless of it brings me joy

arcane, Deep Pal, 4x4s and 1 other person repped this.
  5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Kane too. Both England and Brazil stupidly left their star attackers in too long in the first match and both paid the price (Neymar out at least 2 matches, and a 50% Kane was easily marked out of the second game).

Gotta think 2-3 weeks ahead when you're a manager of a WC contender....

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All true except as much as Martinez may want to believe it, i don't think Eden falls into that category for Belgium anymore, KDB yes, although he has been fairly ordinary, Eden, not so much.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm saying that they are losing because he got the call in the first place. A player with less minutes than Mariano, absolute nepotism and favoritism keeping this man on the team. It just sends a terrible message.

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Decent based on what?

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    He's not even better than Lucas Vasquez at this point.

sneakking, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I’d rank him right behind Mariano in the pecking order

sneakking and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    What are we supposed to do, love him? For being a thorough unprofessional who turned up fat after his dream move ? He cost us more than CR7, while being less productive than Mariano,let that just sink in for a moment.
    Your never-ending demeanor to swim against the tide is simply irksome.

sneakking and Shay Z repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Reports from domestic fansites (Florens favorites) that the club has had enough and that the world cup was sort of his last chance to show something.

No surprise, obviously.

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t hate Eden. I know I troll a lot, but he is by all accounts a good dude, teammate, and a good family man.

I just have no patience for professionals like him. Dudes that have so much talent but no heart. No fire. No desire. Dude lot only showed up out of shape but at jo point have we seen any urgency from him to try to remedy the situation. All we see is dumb basic training videos and even dumber interviews where he admits he sucks but doesn’t really own up to it nor does he make a commitment to change the circumstances. Goes to the World Cup and still shows no fire. You’d think he’d be tryi by to prove a point instead he is just as much as a passenger there as he is here.

Can’t respect a dude like that as a footballer. Just pathetic

sneakking, Glide84, saadomar and 5 others repped this.
  14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On top of my head, I could not name another case, but it happened before. Player A who was a legend in his country was playing poorly for his club during the season, but the national team manager kept faith or hope, and selects him for the WC Finals. He sank even lower in the Finals. But most of those players only played poorly for a season. Hazard? He has been bad for at least three seasons. Martinez is someone with a serious problem.

PS: Falcao and Brazil in the 1986 WC finals came to mind. Bale is a way similar, but his performance for Wales during the last few seasons was not bad at all.

sneakking, Deep Pal and saadomar repped this.
  15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No idea what kind of "fire" you expect to see or believe it would make him play better. He's playing his game just as a diminished athlete. No amount of fire makes a difference when you're just physically not that good anymore. These are tropes and cliches that only serve to reinforce some biased image.

Youre not supposed to love him, you're just also not supposed to come into this thread with rants about how unprofessional and poor leader he is every time he misplaces a pass for a team that is not even Madrid. He came overweight four years ago in one summer, just as he came every summer for Chelsea. Two weeks later he lost the excess weight, then the injury nightmare which changed everything started, and yet we're still talking here about those two weeks in 2019 when he was fat as if that has anything to do with him now as a Belgium player. Come on.

16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The thought of Eden having enough balls to fight anyone lol

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Knuckle head?
    it’s not the question of having balls or not! It’s about having leadership and team spirit- preferring not to indulge in altercations with team mates.
    The quote above was a sarcastic remark from Eden!

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I know he was sarcastic

he is also a good teammate from all accounts

but also the dude shows no fire on the pitch. Always on chill mode. He isn’t fighting anyone

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Final chance for him to salvage his career at the top level. After the next game he can go wherever. Just play fortnite for the rest of the Real contract.

Such a finished player.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He arrived overweight to national team camp as well. It was mentioned.

When a player blows up outside of action, it doesn't suggest "that's who he is" it suggest he can't control himself. Get a nutritionist and fix the issue, he's one of the best paid players in the sport, it's not some huge burden on him. If you start every single season at a disadvantage, the competition (of which he has plenty in Madrid) will always have an advantage.

He can be all that he is, he can embrace his own pace, his own way of life and his current situation elsewhere. The truth is he doesn't cut it in Madrid. Landed himself behind Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverde, Lucas Vazquez and Asensio in just 3 years.

Big clubs are not fun and games. A lot of German players signed for Bayern and left as quick as they got it. Thorsten Frings is an example. The top level is a different game.

I was never a fan to be honest, but he absolutely smashed the floor of expectations.

sneakking, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you sure about that? Because he was absolutely down to throw hands with some kid that time wasted back when he was at Chelsea.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    everyone is a tough guy vs a ball boy lol

24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    We are still talking about those two weeks in 2019 ? Lol....he is still fat.

Shay Z, J-Mezzy, 4x4s and 1 other person repped this.
  25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don’t you guys/gals get tired of doing this everyday?

Glide84 and Deep Pal repped this.