Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd just like him to contribute in some positive way this season. Give the team and manager some options. The bar for him is currently in hell's basement so I'm taking anything I can get at this point.

benny_madridista, Lyra, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wish he could at least give us what James and Isco gave us during that period where our b team was stacked

3. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man that B team was quite good. Asensio, James, Morata, Kova.. they all performed to a very good level. There were games where we had a Kova-Isco double pivot and it still somehow worked. I gotta say, towards the end of that season I actually enjoyed watching those guys play more than the usual starters.

4. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019

We went from this to a muscle overload. This guy is cooked. It's really embarrassing hearing him hype himself up like he gives a fcuk when we all know he's only here for the money.

Sawiris, Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched some of the training stuff, yes it's just training but he still looks slow and to my eyes unfit, not to mention a little timid re contact, i don't know.....

temesgen repped this.
  8. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He is broken, sad to say but unfixable at this point. He is what he is and we just have to wait the contract out, sigh.

9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I tend to agree that he is broken.
    Best case scenario is that hell be at least better than Mayoral for that backup 9 role, which shouldnt be impossible given the gulf in talent, but on the other hand, this is Eden Hazard.

10. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    all the time he is broken

11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #8386 saadomar, Jul 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=4704864

Eden saying he believes he can prove he is good enough to play for Real Madrid. Good attitude. Now put your money where your mouth is. I hope he has a good season. Because a successful Eden would be a successful Real Madrid. We can't sell him, so we may as well get SOME return on investment. I can't believe this dude was nearly useless for 3 seasons. Tragic. It's funny because we talk about bringing in superstars, yet we had one right here that never materialized.

He mostly blamed his metal plate for all his injuries and discomfort. I'm not him nor his doctors, so I can't truly speak to its impact. Well, now that excuse is gone. Let's see if he can produce.

Deep Pal and benny_madridista repped this.
  12. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Raul is the last person I remember to have 3 bad seasons consecutively, be in his 30's and make somewhat of a comeback. Even then it was mediocre for our standards.

I don't even factor in Hazard when it comes to our team. Decent eFootball purchase though.

Bear Crotch and ImadEdd repped this.
  13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now we await the highlight reels from every angle of Hazard's penalty. Because what else?

Edino Edinho and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not getting my hopes up. You can't reverse the toll injuries have taken on his body.

Deep Pal and Edino Edinho repped this.
  16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    He was completely a ghost last night. Totally washed as a footballer. How many years left on his contract? Guy is a disgrace.

Edino Edinho repped this.
  17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Considering Madrid signed him.

The club is the disgrace.

zizou555 repped this.
  18. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Not so sure about that fully. Hazard never took training seriously and never committed to working in the off season.

Yes, We should have never bought him in the first place on age and any research we had about his work ethic. But he made it 100% worse based on above.

Deep Pal and Edino Edinho repped this.
  19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Thats the point. The club should have had his mentality and wotk ethic into consideration. He doesnt fit our culture.

But I hope he does manage to help this team somehow. We are super thin upfront more than ever specially if Mayoral leaves.

20. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I guess you’ve never hired/fired or managed people. When someone comes in with a good resume and interview, the bare minimum you expect is someone to show up and be a professional. Hazard never did that.

Benz and Hazard are very similar early in their careers. Both extremely talented, shit work ethic but could get by on that alone.. Hazard even more so. Benz turned it around and became a professional and look at him now. Hazard never did, and he was surrounded by great Chelsea players/coaches early on, so I don’t buy the culture arguments.

He fully washed as a player. Best we can hope for is some early Copa games and some garbage time/starts against weaker CL teams in the group stage.

21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    You assume too much. If you see your potential employee whoring themselves on their IG, they probably are.

Hazard was already known to get by his talents alone with lazyness at Chelsea. If that wasnt a red flag, I dont know what is. And we got him older, not like Benz.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  22. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    It’s a strange world we live in when all the blame for a bad player goes to the club that signs him. By that measure, all of the good should be associated with the club as well.

No wonder the world is going to shit that there is no personal culpability.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem right now is not the work ethic, it's that the man is quite obviously terrified of contact. He's Incredibly shy of coming to a collision with an opponent and will pass the ball or flop down as soon as that seems like a possibility.

Digital repped this.
  24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Hazard immediately came to mind when watching this. The guy is just flat out scared.

25. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Who said Hazard was blame free?
    I sure didnt.