Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mbappé won’t come :)
    I am just curious whether he would sign an extension within the next 2 seasons. That would say a lot about what he wants to achieve in world football. But him coming this or next summer? That is just impossible IMO.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The Mbappe thing is half joke and half dream.

I would be greatly happy if we signed a CM after Mendy and called it a summer. I would categorize it as hugely successful if we are able to off load players like Bale.

3. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    You've got yourselves an outstanding player, arguably our best player ever.

Enjoy!

4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Since you and @Kazuma are here why don't you guys take Kovacic back with you. Discounted price of 45M euros. Spend some of that 100M. :D

6. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Don't know who you're talking about... :whistling::oops:

Digital and Shay Z repped this.
  7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lol, Sarri might to make his Kovacic for Barkley subs.

Shay Z repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. I can't stand Ney Ney. He's a b**ch.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welcome Eden Hazard, hope you have a fantastic career with us

Pundorikakho repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal, S1na, Lyra and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man, been a fan of him for years, wanting him to wear our beautiful white shirt. Finally I get a chance to watch him live, definitely visiting a game next season in Bernabeu. He will tear the Liga apart, the style of this competition will suit him better. he got 16 goals and 15 assist in physical BPL, I think he can get 20 - 25 goals in Liga.

Deep Pal, Lyra, Yannick Relens and 3 others repped this.
  12. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    HELL YES!!! SO EXCITED!!!

Deep Pal, Lyra, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane took a year to adapt, Benzema took two years. Coming from a different league style, language, country, if you think a player just fits and gels from day one you understand nothing about the game. Its a process everybody goes through.

Or maybe he would have saved the season. After all Vinicius went pretty close to saving it, despite not playing him for the first few months and being injured in the last. We don't know what would have happened, but we know we would have had Hazard with a year of Madrid experience roaring into 2019/20.

First time I hear about this world record fee. In any case I feel Hazard's arrival is too late and he would have given the majority of his prime to Chelsea. I would have loved to have him last year instead of Bale. Good thing is that even if his Madrid career won't be long, we have Rodrygo lined up to take his spot in a couple of years. An alternative strategy would have been to save the 100 million spent on him for an offensive on Mbappe.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If that's difficult to read, here's what he posted on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/21941054161/posts/10157775778294162?s=679361897&sfns=mo

Lyra, Drouchk and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #65 saadomar, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    You gotta admit, Chelsea fans are so pleased with him and the way he conducted himself. He's leaving like a model professional, full of good vibes from Chelsea fans everywhere. Makes me feel extra giddy that he's joining us. Seems like a genuinely good lad. You can read the comments in FB and all the Chelsea fans are saying nothing but the nicest things and wishing him well. Heartwarming to see.

Deep Pal, addicted2chelsea, Doni and 7 others repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maaaaan am so excited for this transfer. I would literally watch Chelsea sometimes just to see this guy play, super player. He is also a fantastic person and apparently a Madrid fan, I have said it tons already but top signing :thumbsup:

Deep Pal, saadomar, -Reivax- and 6 others repped this.
  17. Pundorikakho

Pundorikakho Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Kolkata, India
    Really happy with this transfer. He instantly makes our attack better. Excited to see him play in white.

Deep Pal, Drouchk, saadomar and 2 others repped this.
  18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Players like him wanting to join Real Madrid is why our team will always be the envy of the footballing world. Tons of trophies, tons of history, tons of money and tons of great players wanting to play for Real Madrid. We're super lucky as Real Madrid fans.

19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic. Can't wait to watch him play in white. Guy earned this.

Deep Pal, Doni, Zidane05 and 5 others repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Saw Chelsea fans saying Hazard stats and performance were poor in 2015-16 as he played 3/4th of the season with a hip injury. Turns out he had spoken about in 2016.

The 25-year-old is in blistering form under Mourinho’s full-time successor Antonio Conte, with five goals in his last five appearances, and he ascribes this transformation to being injury-free.

“I’m playing without pain,” he told The Guardian. “Last year was complicated. Some people didn’t believe it, but I played with an injury [he points at his hip] for a long time.

“I was never 100%, and when you’re not completely fit it’s hard to play at your best. But I had a good break after the Euros, a good pre-season, and was ready.

“Liberated, yes,” he added. “It feels like that sometimes, being injury-free and if a system brings the best out of you.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ard-jsoe-mourinho-antonio-conte-a7424931.html

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The guy deserves more than low hanging fruit humor (puns) for a thread title.

I have followed his career since Lille and he has literally waited for this moment all his life... just like the song goes. Some players say Madrid is a dream... this guy wanted this club more than anything.

Not sorry the lack of a poorly worded joke title or some wack pun messed up some of you guys day and it's precisely why I started the thread.

Eden deserved better.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I got a yet to be discovered disease just by reading the title.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    My work is done then. Enjoy.

25. Beast of burden

Beast of burden New Member

Genk
    Belgium
    Jun 7, 2019
    Well congrats to Madrid fans because you got yourself a good one.

Personally feel the most underrated attacking player of his generation, for several reasons I don't want to get to. There are a lot of myths about him. I've followed almost all his games for Chelsea and there's real reason for me to believe that.

I remember when people compared players like James and Isco to him, I just laughed. Hazard is basically like Messi but with much fewer goals. He's one of the of the most naturally talented players I've ever seen and I think he'll be the 2nd best player in La liga already in his 1st season.

Of course he'll need time to adapt to the Spanish game but I believe he'll adapt quickly and learn the language quickly as well. The only thing that he'll need time to adapt to is the sunny/hot weather in Spain because sometimes I've seen Eden play within himself a bit in such climate. Don't forget this is a player that spent all his career playing in France and England.

Youtube videos can never do a player's game justice but this is the best one you're ever likely to see of at least Hazard's Chelsea career:

If you're excited about your new signing , well worth your 20 minutes.

Deep Pal, CivilProtection, S1na and 5 others repped this.