Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Disappointing. :(

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Chin up

J-Mezzy, Ahmadi8, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  3. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Biggest con man ever. Completely justified his name :sick:

saadomar and NotPython repped this.
  4. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am so pissed at Meunier for that idiotic kick on Hazard that started this downward spiral.

Hsain85, Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  5. NotPython

NotPython Red Card

Real Madrid
    Jul 24, 2021
    Are we gonna act like he was anywhere close to good with us before the meunier injury? He has always been shit with RM, the minute since he signed for us he let it all go. And has been the worst transfer ever since. Pointing finger at other things isn't gonna change or hide anything.

saadomar, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He let it go since his last few years at Chelsea. I never saw the hype and didn't get what Zidane liked in the player.

7. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure but he also took the liberty of showing up completely out of shape the summer he signed for Real Madrid. It's not just down to injuries. Dude is lazy, eats junk, and doesn't like to train.

The sooner we cut our losses, the better. I am sure a team like Juve would like to have him on a discount.

saadomar, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  8. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mean he wasn't the epitome of professionalism even before the injury; but during that stretch of games he was actually looking really good.

He may have still not succeeded here, but I think that injury took his career trajectory with us from...let's say Kaka level to below Faubert level.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 2Magia2 repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Looking really good" is a pretty bold statement.

He's the most expensive player in the clubs history and hasn't been the best player on the field for a single time he's played for us. He competed tooth and nail for playing time vs totally green teenagers.

Let's not kid ourselves, he's our Coutinho.

saadomar, PigBenis, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  10. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looking good is setting the bar basically on the floor. Completing 90mins is looking good

The best f Hazard in Madrid is below the best of Asensio Rodrygo and Vicinius in that same time. I think Only Isco could have done worse

Hazard has completed the full 90mins in 5 games in his entire Madrid career

11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How long is he gone?
    We need some stability in our lineup and not let the likes of rodrygo worry when they will be benched.

12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rumor mill in England saying Chelsea considering taking this worthless player back. Hope it comes true.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I hope they have a rough year and panic doing this.

Deep Pal and saadomar repped this.
  14. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it looks way worse in hindsight now - but I remember at the time everyone was talking about how Hazard has finally hit his stride etc.

Yes he is our most expensive player, all I’m saying is Kaka was up there when we signed him as well. Hazard would most likely still not live up to his pricetag or our expectations without the injury, but I don’t think it’s controversial to say that he would be contributing a lot more goals and assists if he wasn’t terrified of completely falling apart with every stretch or scrape after that Meunier ‘tackle’. Feels tragic to even say it but his signing could have been a 50% failure instead of a 110% failure.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Offer him to Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham.

Then West Ham and Crystal Palace.

16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just give him for 5M, so the accounting team will feel good he wasn't sold for free.

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Offer him to Newcastle.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    newcastle might be a realistic target, would love to see us get out from under the wages and transfer cost

saadomar and REALFOREVER repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think a reflected review at the finish is always a better judge than an initial reaction.

I keep repeating this with Jese, as big as the promise was, looking at it completely unattached from the situation, players like Lukas Vazquez and Jose Callejon (!!!) have been far better players.

madridismo repped this.
  20. NotPython

NotPython Red Card

Real Madrid
    Jul 24, 2021
    I mean you can still see people commenting that after every game when he drops a bang average performance or does a flick or two in open spaces, it never meant anything really

21. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    Lol Roberto Martinez putting even more pressure on him.

Lyra repped this.
  22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Hazard is about as close to winning a Ballon d’Or as Emile Heskey. Martinez must be joking, Hazard will never come close to winning it. Dude wasn’t a Ballon d’Or winner level player in his prime, let alone now.

saadomar, Raumdeuter, ahnaf and 5 others repped this.
  23. sempleat

sempleat New Member

Jul 16, 2021
    I honestly don't understand why he would say this.

I get that he wants to be supportive but how hard is it to say that while Hazard is very talented, talking about winning the BdO is very big words, Hazard needs to get back into a rhythm and routine of playing and take it from there. That's realistic and not in the slightest critical of Hazard.

I sometimes think it's a prerequisite when going into football to be completely delusional. Even if he doesn't really believe it, that he feels it's okay to say...

saadomar and Hsain85 repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I love this from Martinez. Keep that hope alive and continue to hype him. Make it Madrid's fault. It's because Zidane and Ancelotti mismanaged him.

So when summer comes Newcastle can give us €100M for the new star of their superproject.

Yes, that way Hazard will be free from Madrid and we can sulk wiping away our tears with those euros...before we wire them to a bank in Dortmund, Germany.

saadomar repped this.
  25. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Newcastle makes perfect sense for Hazard since they will want to splash on big names, but big names are not going to want to join a mid-table team. So they have to start with washed up big name players first to make themselves more competitive.

Mbappe
    Haaland
    Pogba
    Kessie
    Rudiger

Lots of players availabe on free transfers next summer.

saadomar repped this.