Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If anyone had said Eden would be worthless to us after a year and a half, I would've said let's save the money. He has been so unremarkable that I wish to simply blame the injuries. But his habits are his own and he has not shown that he wants to be on the level we require for this team. The reason I respected CR7 was that the guy liked to party, but when it came to his professionalism and work ethic he was the pinnacle, the one player who was an example to all others.

That is why I couldn't believe what I was reading when people were saying CR7 is getting too old and we need to move on. Some players are so fit and dedicated to their bodies that they defy age, with the help of cutting-edge sports science and diets of course. Just look at Ramos as well.

At this point, I would be surprised if Eden can be even a quarter of the player CR7 was. He may have age on his side, but he certainly lacks the drive anymore based on his behavior. He made it to Madrid and now he's acting as if the job is done. Not staying fit when inactive for whatever reason, whether it's injuries or covid. He needs to put his head down and stay away from the traps and pitfalls.

2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Ronaldo scored 26 league goals in his lowest scoring season at Real Madrid. Hazard probably won't even get 6 goals this season so yes, he won't be a quarter of the player Ronaldo was.

Worst signing in the history of football.

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He had a decent match today though.

Hopefully a sign of things to come

4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    HAZARD WAS NEVER GOALSCORER. how the ******** you can compare with legend like Ronaldo??

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh, I want more. Stay healthy and become more of a catalyst. Fingers crossed. We need him to produce.

6. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    He wasn't good, he wasn't bad. He was better than before and I'm happy with that. Let's hope he continues to grow.

7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  8. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If our most expensive forward does not score, and is not our top assister, then we might as well call him a mascot.

Shay Z, Umar and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    idea not this. Look at his stats, he never was galscorer winger, who can bang 30 per season. And even more to compare with CR..

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Problem is he needs to be.

J-Mezzy and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but he isnt. once he scored 22 with Chelsea, most of the season like 15-17. His carrer so far here terrible, no doubt, but dont undetstnd why people expected from him to come here and score like 35.

12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I don’t expect him to score like Ronaldo. I do expect him to be much better than Lucas Vasquez every game. He isn’t most games.

I love the type of player he can be, but he’s a shadow of himself and has been for a while.

13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    no one is denying that, he must better, just must. But still some fans expecting from him to bang goals for fun. He wont do that.

14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Define goals for fun. Quantify it.

15. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i mean 30-35 per season. My whole idea was Hazard never was some brilliant goalscorer and some people expected from him to reach good numbers. Of course so far he is terrible in Madrd, but even in his best day he scored max 22 in a season.

16. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    It's almost as he was injured for the biggest part of the last year.

Drouchk repped this.
  17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He had a good game yesterday.

18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Isn’t it hilarious that that VERY important detail gets conveniently left out every time?

Whiteboard, Ssr9 and madridista_hr repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #3319 YOUNGSTARS87, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    You realize we had the season pause, then he came back to play the remainder.. right?

He also wasn't injured to begin this season. He was just out of form. Then he got injured and got sick.

Umar doesn't need me helping his defense but before we act condescending let's not leave out the other details.

Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Never seen someone get so many excuses lol

RMSocrates, MaxY and Raumdeuter repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He played about 3 -4 games after the pause before re injuring himself, the OP is absolutely correct.

Whiteboard repped this.
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    James has gotten more excuses from you.

Whiteboard repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So far, James was a far better player than Hazard has been for Madrid and that's sad given how the situation with James ended up.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    James has also been a Madrid player longer and actually wasn't injured for the majority of his time here, despite this he had one great half a season. Anyways my point is you have seen a player that constantly had excuses made for him here.

Whiteboard repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look I'm not against Hazard and I thought it was weird that so many people came to criticize him after yesterday's match. That was actually a step in the right direction.

But it gets old when the response to his bad play is always the same (he didn't play bad yesterday)

The James comparison is also poor because James played well when he did play. Look at his per 90 minute stats. Problem was that he didn't play.

I think Hazard will come through eventually. He has to. When you are as talented as he is and have the undeniable support of the coach, which James didn't have, you will eventually come through. James would have been benched after 1 poor game and you know it.

RMSocrates and Shay Z repped this.