Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Those poor performances are tied to said injuries, outside of a few games last year he's been stuck in this cycle of trying to get fit, getting re injured.
    Objectively the signing has been terrible so far, i don't think anyone has denied that but it's important to point out why that has been the case something some of you don't want to do.

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Either way. He is lucky that he has the support of the coach. So he will have a chance to redeem himself and I, despite how harsh i am on him, think that he can and he will. I just don't think he will reach his Chelsea prime performances

Drouchk repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Maybe, maybe not but i'd reserve judgement until he is fit again.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    No I'm saying he hasn't played enough matches in a row for us to make a judgement on his form or impact yet, so I'm not going to write him off just yet. He has been off for almost a year.

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, i was trying to say the same but i guess my wording was clumsy, but that's what i thought you meant

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What is there to rationalize about paying +€130M for a player and the player needing so many excuses just to even play consistently decent?

Again, I'm not trying to pile on; I want his success. I can see he is actually hard on himself and is demanding more than jis fanboys or his detractors.

Even he would understand the legitimate questions considering the investment made.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has had some legit bad luck injuries and then caught covid after a great comeback. Its not even like he is injury prone, he has had no injury troubles before.

This transfer has been a disappointment so far, but we didnt buy a washed up player hiding injury troubles or a player not at the level we expected him to be. He had arguably his best season for Chelsea in his last year there. Hopefully he can be fit again and more importantly confident. We have seen for a few weeks before the PSG injury what he can do for us when he is fit, fearless, and in his groove, we can only hope he gets the chance to get into that rhythm again.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I have had no hope for this guy and never saw the player the people here are saying he can be. Not even when he was at Chelsea.

Wish he does prove himself but whatever. This is a write off signing for me that was only made to convince Zidane to come back.

9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I'm talking about people expectations at this very moment, you being a former athlete knows this more than most, when a player is coming back from a major injury ( several in Hazard's case ) it's a bit irrational to expect excellent performances from them right away, Hazard is barely fit enough to play 60 minutes, both he and Zidane understand this.
    We're all disappointed with how the transfer panned out so far but we have to be realistic.
    if a fit Hazard still isn't performing well then that's another matter.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It's actual not irrational considering the money spent. That level of money is for the level of player who doesn't need half a season to find form.

Kroosinator and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    No it is irrational, it doesnt matter how much a player cost, if they're not fit then they're not going to perform at their best, period, they don't cease to be human because they were transferred for more cash.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is your opinion. My opinion is player cost and wages matter and the more you pay the more you expect as a return.

This higher demand include durability, quickness in return to form, etc.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Agreed. I can't blame people for expecting a lot more, but at this point, just got to hope for the best. I don't think this is another case of Kaka, he just needs a stretch of time where he is playing consistently.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Anon. repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I don't disagree with anything you've said here actually, however the cost should have very little relevance to how we should expect players to perform when they aren't fit.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Definitely not a Kaka case so far, but I don't believe he is a superstar; we (me included) overvalued him.

I think he is a great support player in a big club and a syar for a smaller one.

16. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Kaka was once considered the best in the world.
    Hazard never reached that level.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just hope he starts playing a bit more direct, way too passive in the few games he’s had. Dude has talent and I’m okay with him losing possession a few times by going at the defense, some of this plays will create something ala Vini.

18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope Eden has the best game he ever had so far tomorrow.

Anon., Deep Pal, madridista_hr and 3 others repped this.
  19. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    fair enough, question, do you have a time frame for him to get fit? and what do you define as "fit" how many games in a row does he have to play to be considered fit?

Kroosinator and Deep Pal repped this.
  20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Ten games, 60 mins each game...so that Vini can also get decent minutes.
    We have to lower our expectations, he is not the talisman we expected, hopefully turns out to be a decent squad player.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    That is asinine.

He had recovered from his previous injury from PSG last season. He had another injury this season then got Covid.

You don't pay +€130M for a player who needs more than half the season to find any kind of form after an injury.

I'm just glad he seems to understand this by his interviews and behavior. This is not good enough. Not by a long shot.

PigBenis, saadomar, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If the Bernabeu has fans in it he's getting dragged every weekend at this point.

The man has only left memes and flagrant statements behind so far ("im on vacation, I can do what I want").

Zero accountability. This summer or the next some guy fresh out of his teenage years will come and be the face of the franchise after two years of Hazard. To be honest, since Ronaldo left, Benzema and Ramos took over and Hazard didn't even leave a dent. The level of expectations is so low, you have to be happy he's available by now.

RMSocrates, saadomar, Anon. and 5 others repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hope he can fit in an Über after the summer cause he might need to gtfoh.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hes got the mentality of a good player, but playing well here and there and tapering off, then scoring a nice goal then being out, then coming back. Its all too wishy washy. Until he plays and contributes consistently, he's a bust. I feel like you can form an opinion on a player you signed in 2019 with 2021 a few weeks away.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and DoughB repped this.
  25. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I'd take Robben when we had him over Eden.
    At least Robben doesn't need much time to regain form.

Serengeti_Boy, RMrules and ImadEdd repped this.