Becks: Who's Calling The Shots With His injury?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by RegginaFan1, Aug 15, 2007.

1. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Guys,

I have to admit that it seems the way LA has been treating Beckham's ankle injury is pretty stupid. Why have the guy play for a short time here and there when all is causes is setbacks? He should have physical therapy and rest until he is ready to play. This way, the fans aren't let down too.

So, at a point in time when he should have been 100% in a packed Giants Stadium, we still have an "up in the air" situation. This isn't bad just for LA, but I bet a good number of future Red Bull fans have been drawn to the game because of him and yet may not see him.

Anyway, I was all revved up to see Becks play against us in a stadium that hasn't been this packed for a league game since the NASL Cosmos.

So, who's the joker allowing him to play when he admits he has pain when he cuts and his ankle still swells up?

If we had a Beckham, I doubt he'd be playing. He be Reyna's benchmate! (Yes, I had to add that one in. I thought you'd enjoy it!)

2. sakenu16

sakenu16 New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Should be "sitting like beckham"

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OHh I think someone should make that :p

4. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Bench it like Beckham

5. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Ha! But seriously, there are lots of idiots out there thinking he's "not tough enough" and is just sitting out with a tiny injury. NOT TRUE! Ankle injuries are no joke and are ususally carrer enders.

Anyone remember Dutch international and AC Milan great Marco Van Basten? He had an ankle injury too and it forced an early retirement to a soccer great.

I hope who is ever in charge will get the guy 100% so we can see him this season.

6. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Couldn't this question be better posed in the Galaxy forum?

7. paulr1985

paulr1985 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    How many red bulls players are as successful as David Beckham?? Its just jealousy on red bulls fans part that they dont have a quality player like beckham on there side. All players get injured. It happens to the best.

8. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They (Garber, Lalas, Posh, whoever the hell else chimes in) have a cunning plan.

Playing in the Superliga match tonight means that when he plays for only a few minutes on Saturday, if at all, "they" can say his ankle injury flared up. That rather than admit that he won't play on the rug.

9. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hated Beckham at United hate him now no jealousy just pure hate.

10. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL

Actually, we are jealous of LA because they have Landon Donovan. You have no idea how many more butts would hit our seats if we had Lanny-cakes. :rolleyes:

We only gripe about the possibility that Davey B won't play (a'la New England) when 55k tickets are already sold, and the backlash that might be felt as a result. If his ankle were 100% we could see a sellout crowd, the likes of which we haven't seen since World Cup '94.

This isn't personal, it's business.

11. paulr1985

paulr1985 New Member

Jul 12, 2007

how can you call yourself a man united fan? Beckham was one of our best number 7's. He was top quality. His heart is always with united. He still supports them.

12. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Brownswan,

Right on, buddy. It's about business. If business is bad, no MLS and no Red Bulls. Beckham is an investment in the league...and maybe more "Beckhams' will sign.

Roehl,

Actually, I posted it here because it's about RBNY and we got no one on OUR team that's going to put 55K butts in OUR seats. They do...

13. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Paulr 1985,

Not all of us are jelous. LA Galaxy or not, I can say that Beckham is a great player wherever he plays. I wish we had him on the Red Bulls, but i'm not going to say I hate because he isn't. His track recod speaks for itself. Actually, I'm hoping that with his signing, Red Bull will shell out big bucks so we can axe Reyna and get our own Beckham sometime soon...with or without Arena.

14. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just don't see him as our best number 7 or one of them. He's a sellout in my books don't care what people say.

15. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather have Angel than Beckham, thanks.

Oh, and Paul R, good luck without Rooney, you Manc scum.

16. paulr1985

paulr1985 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Yeah yeah we'll see where you finish at the end of the season. At least we dont kill our own fans. Ask all your scouse scum pals what the metal fence tasted like in hillsbrough. Hillsbrough was a great day for football. 96 less scouse rats on this planet. Heres a helpline for all the liverpool fans who were bitter with winnin nothin last year. 0800 10 10 10. Thats 0800 won nothing, won nothing, won nothing.
    As the words of the song go:
    "you used to sing munich but not anymore,
    Since 96 scousers lie dead on the floor,
    In your liverpool slums"
    Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers Murderers

17. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damnit, why is it that when you leave the door open, the cockroaches never leave the house, they just invite themselves in?

Queue next post from liverpool fan: (and insert picture of plane crash here) :rolleyes:

18. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clam down and paul just leave I love United but hate Beckham end of story :)

19. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's calling the shots with Beckham's injury?

Well, if Dema was playing, I see him stepping up: "I got dibs on the ankle!"

20. Mullet&Talon

Mullet&Talon New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can the Metrobulls suffer a backlash when they have no fans to begin with?

21. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, this has to be a Big Soccer first. A bleeding hemorrhoid that can type full sentences! :eek:

22. MrCharlie2

MrCharlie2 Member

Jan 8, 2000
    Excuse me, isn't Rooney a scouser from Tuebrook. I guess you all want to break his ankle and smother him. Go back to mumbling in your beer, Old Monkey

23. paulr1985

paulr1985 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Rooneys from everton the nice side of liverpool not the dirty red side. "old monkey" i'm sure you could come up with something better than that. You sound like a bit of a monkey yourself.

24. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they wonder why we dumped all their tea in the harbor. :rolleyes:

25. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enjoy your future home games in Chevy Chase or Crystal City. Will you have the same die hard support then? I am guessing no.