Beckham: RM Is Rarely Ever United....

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by reelmaad, Oct 22, 2006.

1. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Beckham pain at Real snub

However Beckham's revelations raise the prospect of a return to the Premiership, or even a much-talked-about move to the USA.

"I was at Manchester United for 15 years and every day, every game of every season we were united - win or lose.

"But here in Madrid we have only done that on a few occasions."
    [/QUOTE]

I take it....the club hasn't renewed his contract yet....

This is first time I've ever heard him not take the diplomatic route in an interview....

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are just like Ronaldo, trying to split the team before important games :cool:

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh and screw beckham, he is screwed :)

4. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All he does is talk about ManU. I've never heard/read an interview were he doesn't mention ManU atleast once, so send his ass back to ManU!

5. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    he is right! BUT we were united before he got here, the fall of Madrid started with mr beckshit anyway.
    FuK him to hell i say.

"pretty" boy they say... "pretty" useless I say.

6. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Me.....how am i spliting the team silly.....if anybody is spliting the team its Beckham.

I just came across it and found it strange....becoz every interview i've ever seen from him he talks about how happy hes feeling.
    Then I saw the last part which to me seem really uncalled....
    its onething for the player to say hes unhappy but to also show up the rest of his teammates while hes at it :rolleyes:

7. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You guys are overreacting.
    The team is not very united and it's not his fault, probably.
    He is just saying...

8. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So... i'm confused.. he's saying United was always United before a game.
    But Real Madrid isn't always United before a game? Of course they're not. They're Real. Or is he saying they're not Real before a game? In that case thats bad. They should be Real. Which raises the question of who are they before a game? Are they Getafe? Or Mallorca? Is this some sort of role-play going on in the locker-room?

Maybe Beckham should just go back to United if he liked being United so much. There are so many to choose from as well: Sheffield United, Newcastle United, DC United, Deportivo Arabe Unido, United Airlines.

9. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    hahahhha :D So funny :p

10. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Have you ever heard him say anything this negative before about RM....why now.

11. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Maybe the word 'was' would have been better. The celebration after tonight was a proper 'team' celebration.

12. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Very true. I finally feel like we're playing as a team, everyone got together to celebrate.

Maybe it's time for Becks to move the MLS, he's been saying this ever since he came to the US in 2005.

13. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what a stupid thread

who the f**** cares about becks....he'll get kicked off the team by december since no one buy his shirts

today proved why becks doesn't deserve to start for RM....

14. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Barca win would be a perfect tonic :)

15. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    A whole lot of people in Asia, i'm told.

16. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

:)

(Taken from other thread)

17. Abe The Cop

Abe The Cop New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Hes probably bitter about being on the bench.

18. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham is also in contract negotiations. These are always rough in the RM arena.

19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He forgot about the flying shoes.

20. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    I guess that was his way of telling ManU hes home sick and ready to come home;)

21. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Beckham's Real Madrid days are numbered. He has said how much he loves Real Madrid and how he is happy at living in Madrid. However.....he did go on to say that he can not be truely "happy" if he is not playing football. I'm pretty sure 11 minutes against our biggest rivals will not be sufficient to keep Beckham happy. He has been a substitute or substituted in our last 6 games and he believes that if he remains a sub for 10 or 12 games then he may have to reconsider his future. I imagine Beckham will remain a substitue at least until January, unless of course that we are hit with an injury crisis. As this is the last year of his contract he is able to negotiate and even agree a move in January. I do wish that his contract situation can be resolved quickly so that we can start talking about the important thing: Real Madrid. With the exception of comercial income we really are not going to be missing much. This is normally the point when Beckham lovers will come in and sing his praises, but facts remain. Real Madrid have played their worst football this year with Beckham in the team and to no suprise Real Madrid has played their best football without him in the team.

On to what he is talking about. I don't think this really deserved a thread despite it being a seemingly alarming issue. We have to remember that these words are coming from Beckham. Beckham has never won a title with Real Madrid but won, what 6 with Utd? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we are not anywhere as near as United as Manchester Utd. Beckham is 100% correct though. At times we have looked like 11 players wearing the same shirt, however, he fails to mention that he is one of these individuals. After all he was an integral part of the "galactico" era which ultimatley crippled our unity that we had built over the course of 6 or 7 years. Wow Beckham has something to say. Sounds like a cry for attention as he isn't getting many minutes on the field.

22. Makeudonald

Makeudonald New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Beckham crying is a great day. It shows that the Galactico era is finally over and that Reyes, Cassano, Robinho will have a chance to show the world their worth. Beckham symbolizes the stupidity of the Galactico era when we bought a player we didn't need and didn't replace our defensiver midfielder. I am happy that time is over. I hope we'll cash in on Beckham.

23. kamatya

kamatya New Member

May 10, 2006
    im so happy,hope we sell him in january to any premiership club!i dont think we need him,we have got enough quality to replace him.we can buy someone like navas if we really need a replacement,but i dont think we need anyone at present..

24. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the club's offer to Beckham is fair. A two year extension at his current salary is appropriate. Beckham has been loyal to the club, but if he chooses to go, so be it.

25. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He'll be a free agent from next season, that means we can't get anything out from selling Beckham in Jan [or Maybe a 3-4M like the Cassano deal] .. But it was no secret that we were not so united last season .. Ramos said that too .. But this season its been completely different .. Maybe he'll get his act together and perform when asked to and stop cribbing about not getting a starting place ..