Beckham News

Discussion in 'England' started by Frankfurt Blue, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Becks be one hell ke na le bo a legend a le mong.

Revelian

2. alco_soccerstar

Nov 3, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support Beckham as captain and as a squad starter. I believe his problem is himself. He has become too big and hasn't been able to concentrate on football. All the adverts and stuff he is involved with is really great, but WAY too much. He needs to get back to the basics. Put football first and I think eberything will come back. The new Madrid coach seems like a real tool, which is good because I believe it will keep Becks more grounded. I want to see him back to the way he was when i first started to watch Man Utd. in 2001. He was great! Thats why I liked him.

3. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wrong. He is irreplacable. Let's use him before he turns into an old man. His crosses and long-balls are second to none.

Revelian

4. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Well said. I thought he had several good long-balls today, although nobody up front was able to do anything with them. He's still got great vision, which you can't teach.

5. Perchik

Perchik New Member

May 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Actually, I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. Granted, our midfield and attack was not good, but he actually created 2 excellent chances for SWP (still amazed at how bad this guy played), a good chance for Gerard and Owen, when he shot over the bar in the first half. Also he created the one and only England's chance in the second half with a free kick. So overall a nice performance, especially in the first half and it surely is not his fault that Engalnd was unable to score.

6. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I thought he did very well considering he was being played out of position and everyone knows he isn't at his best in the middle.

I'm still baffled as to why it wasn't changed to a 4-4-2 when we had the right players on for it (Downing on the left, Beckham on the right and Gerrard and Hargreaves in the middle).

7. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It kills me how everyone cracks on DB. I watch nearly every Madrid match, well before DB played for them as well.
    He is an excellent player and one I would definetly want on my team any day.

Nearly all the goals Ronadlo, Figo, or Raul score come off a DB pass. Plus, when ever DB has the ball, he is given tons of room to make those trade mark passes.

DB was NEVER a goal scorer and that is what the England fans expect from him it would seem. He can control the mid field or right hand side with the best of them as he has already some what proven. He has been with the best mid fielder of all times, Ziz Zou and doesn't do too badly. Of course, he is better on the Right side though and I would expect him to continue to fill that role.

Shawn Wright-Philips is not a winger but a striker and the fact is, the England squad is full of Strikers. Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Smith, Wright-Phillips etc; etc; So push out a winger who makes plays happen?

Look at Man Utd. today. Since DB has left the squad, they have not been right since and many Man Utd. players have said they miss his presence. Ronaldo is a great winger but not a passer of the ball. A ball hog, yes. He's more of a roaming striker in my mind. Point is, They have nobody to fill DB's gap.

Anyhow, I'm not a big fan of England anyhow but just sick of the whole DB thing everytime they play a match. They have other areas of importance in my mind that need "fixing" before they go after the right wing spot and the person who plays it! Let's get the Goalkeeper situation fixed, or the backs....