Beckham hits out at LA Galaxy critics

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MLS1FAN, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeMax

JoeMax New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"ran trough"?

Reality is it was a very close, tie game with an own goal, last second goal and shoot out that went to sudden death.

Los Angeles Galaxy Pachuca
    total shots: 12 16
    shots on goal: 7 6
    fouls: 20 16
    offsides: 6 7
    corner kicks: 8 6
    Saves: 6 5

2. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some people like coke, some people like heroin

3. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Coke and Heroin, Bobby Charlton opens his trap about Beckham again and his celebrity status ruining his talent.:p

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7196642 :p

Wish the old geaser would just shut... the... f@*K... up!!! :eek:

4. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where the hell are all these people coming from? and why are they here?

5. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Change a couple words around and this would be the Scottish League.

And lerxst, I think Davidraether is being sarcastic with his mockery of ESL posters.

And to all you MLS-haters: I get it. MLS sucks or isn't good enough. It ain't up to your standards. But it's my league and I have a local side that I can connect with and ************ as they are now, I love them and will support them cuz dammit, I love soccer!

6. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006
    shanagians shanagians shanagians

7. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This coming from a guy who's noted club is "Order of the Dragon", dreams of being a Spirit Master and who hails from the "Carpathian Lands." Alright then, what would you like to be dubbed hmm? Sir Lager and Wienerschnitzel? The Duke of GodIneedalife? How about Earth, Wind and Fire? Right, and your one to speak about something or someone being gay.

[​IMG]

8. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing about posting your name, but like Beckham, at least have the balls to represent where your from. Oh wait, I forgot: Trolls have neither balls nor homes. You guys are just asexual parasites. Now run along now - hop on Puff the magic dragon and fly away to the lands of Narnia and all that jazz ;)

[​IMG]

9. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Good response-surely f--k off would have been good enough. His posting style reminds me of Robbie Quiad. I would bet my car that it was him. Hopefully he'll spend a bit more time in the bathroom with an underwear catalogue, waste of oxygen.

10. Broxibear

Broxibear New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Scotland
    but that's the nature of European football, you can't knock it for that. Every Euro league is full of loads of nationalities, it's what makes it so exciting to watch and follow. I've no great love for the Premiership but I have to concede it is the one of the most entertaining leagues in world football.

Also, as for European (or in particular English) media taking swipes at US soccer, I believe this comes from a backlash to a particular historical attitude towards soccer that the American media holds. The fact is that for the most part, soccer is looked down upon as a sport in the US , it's a sport played by "Euros" & other foreigners and is just downright "Un-American".

This attitude pisses most Europeans off for the simple fact that soccer really is a truly world sport, the same could not be said for NFL, Baseball or Basketball even. The FIFA World Cup is a HUGE event on a global scale with such a high standard from so many teams around the world and when the American media try to portray the thing as some kind of circus sideshow, it gets peoples backs up in a big way.

So a lot of people have gotten to the stage now where they think "who cares if America watches soccer, screw 'em, they're not putting our sport down when they all play is rounders, netball and rugby with pads" (sorry, couldn't resist ;)) It's a tit for tat thing I'm afraid.

So hopefully the more the American public start to appreciate the game, the less resentment you'll see from the English media.

11. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spot on assessment IMO. The American media here is just U.S. government propaganda. All we are ever fed here is that America is the BEST country in the world and has all the answers to everyones problems. The truth is, America is not the best at a lot of things, yet we are force fed falsities from 6 or 7 "news" channels with plump breasted women who care more about their looks than they do about actually delivering the news.

To drive home my point, please examine news gals closely...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    Do you hate Freedom in general, or do you just hate America?

;)

13. mr_mcphisto93

mr_mcphisto93 New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    I kinda understand what he is saying. I don't think that he hates America, it's just that America can sometimes be a bit hypocrytical. I mean look... why is it that the U.S. does not embrace soccer? Because we are not good at it. If we were, then it'll be a different story. Look at the sports that are successful here... "American" Football, Basketball, Baseball.. etc. They are mainstream only in America. What is the rest of the world into and better at.... football! or better known here as soccer. So in a sense, we like to be better then everyone by showing that..., "hey, we don't need soccer, we have our own tradition". But what IS tradition is Soccer. It's a sport that brings countries together every four years. That's the beauty about it... Americans being arrogant don't quite get it. But it's coming around... sloooowly. The MLS is defenitely better then a few years ago. Either way... I only hope for a positive, not a negative.

14. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep I have to agree with you - its just ego and pride speaking when Americans say that they don't care about Soccer. And Broxibear is also right because people in general are lemmings - they follow the masses and never think for themselves (we're all guilty of that at one point or another ;)). When the masses don't pay attention to a sport, the tag-alongs and also-rans also don't pay attention, and it just builds from there.

Luckily though, many Americans today are bucking the tradition, and the MLS and Soccer in general is starting to gain more and more acceptance. Just look at the statistics: Soccer is the most popular sport amongst young boys and girls, the MLS is running at an all-time high, with two or three of the most popular teams already churning out a profit and the other franchises expected to be able to follow within a few years time, the arrival of new talent from down south and from across the pond, as well as players coming up and being trained organically. Did you guys know more people in the US tuned in to watch the World Cup than the Superbowl? The potential and room to grow is definitely there, so all we have to do is continue to progress as a community and as a league.

Heh, I always have to laugh when those beer-chugging, fat, ex-football jocks declare "Soccer sucks!", when their entire sport wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Soccer :D.

15. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seven news channels all pushing the same news is freedom? Four of the same vacuum cleaner brands at SEARS, Target and Wal-mart all made in China is "freedom"? In Europe you can select from over 30 varieties of vacuums all made in different countries. The democrats or the republicans? You call THAT choice, freedom? They are virtually the same anymore. Thats why you'll see headlines like "Bush Advising Hillary". Im pro freedom and im pro America based on the constitution, not the democracy being crammed down our throats. Yes, Im against democracy. Democracy is in essence mob rule. In fact, the founding fathers of the U.S. were anti democracy, thats why we used to sing in school the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and why we pledge allegiance to the "Republic". Pro Republic.

I just dont like seeing what our government is doing to America today. Giving us less choices in the marketplace, taking away our rights, forcing us into their perverted version of freedom.

Do you think our sinking dollar is just "happening"? Dont you wonder why the news keeps talking about strikes on Iran? If they keep talking about it, it wont be such a big deal when it finally DOES happen. And what about Iraq? Repeat the official story please. "19 men from Afghanistan attack America, so we attack Iraq. " None of that makes any friggin sense!

Alan Greenspan himself said just a week or so ago we attacked Iraq for oil. Our good guys are dying for friggin oil. Stupid. We could have developed electric vehicles like the Tesla Car, or further developed Water Fuel Cells, where cars run completely on water. Wouldnt that instantly make oil prices drop? Oil becoming worthless? Why did the inventor Stan Meyers get bumped off? Imagine cars running on water... thats virtually free!You know the ramifications that would have on the oil and energy business? Why does Bush & Cheney both with oil connections start a war with no end in sight? We could have started a moon base and developed new technologies, furthered advancements in medicine AND built a high speed train linking all of California (LA to SF for $55 rt and a 4 hour ride). Dont you think somethings fishy here?

Continuing what HushX said about us being lemmings. Its more true now than ever before. Give guys big breasted news ladies and women dancing on the sidelines and they'll forget about whats really going on in the world.

"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." -John Adams

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes" - Andrew Jackson

"One man with courage makes a majority." - Andrew Jackson

16. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    I guess I don't post here enough to get away with making smartass comments/jokes and not expect them to be misinterpreted. Next time I will know that a ";)" after my comment is not enough to signal my intent. I was just being an ass, and I didn't mean to get anyone riled up. Sorry if I upset you or anyone else.

back to lurking.

17. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry Alexi. Hey, Isnt Monday Night Football still on? Ya know, with the cheerleaders! YEEESSSS!!!!

18. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One man with courage makes a majority? I think you're quoting Hitler there :D

19. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I've examined these pictures very closely......er, now, what was your point? ;)

20. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, my thoughts exactly!

21. metalmilitia

metalmilitia New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah yeah, boo hoo. Let's all play the victim of an "oppressive dictatorship" which makes all our lives so f'ing miserable (sarcasm) and complain about how ridiculously beautiful our women's breasts are!

But really, let's keep politics out of this :)

22. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Right.
    I like that weather chick but they must have a rule on her wardrobe because she's always wearing sweaters.

23. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see that the Libertarian Party is represented on Big Soccer. But this really isn't the place for politics. At least that's what all the Liberals keep telling me as they are neg repping me. :D

P.S. I don't care how many vaccume cleaners they sell at Sears. Those Info-Babes are HOT!

24. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had no Idea Becks was so political.

25. desmodronic

desmodronic Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nice rant Shirtees. I'm with you! Here's one more example of the "wisdom" of our present administration plucked right from the headlines.

$12 billion a day! That's how much the Iraq war costs us taxpayers a day. But Bush thinks that $35 billion a year is TOO MUCH to spend to renew and expand the federally subsidized childrens health insurance program (S-CHIP) because some middle class families (making $85K/yr) may get help from the government in paying for their child's health insurance. Bush vetoed this bill last week because he thinks that this is a step toward socialized healthcare. GOD FORBID THE GOVERNMENT GIVE ANY MIDDLE CLASS FOLKS A HELPING HAND WITH CHILDREN'S HEALTH INSURANCE! It might mean less money to pour into the Bush/Cheney Iraqi black hole. Please, contact your congressman/senator and urge them to override the Bush veto!

Sorry about the political rant but it is for the benefit of children!!!! Now back to your regularly scheduled Galaxy blog.