Beckham came back, so can LD & DMB.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Delta Blues, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Beckham was targeted for death (figuratively) after his initial WC red card. He pretty much sucked and was simply crucified. He's more than come back. I hope LD & DMB who will, and should be roundly roasted for their complete and total incompetance in this cup, can use it to nut up and be true leaders. At least they won't have to defer to Reyna and JOB anymore, which should help. They looked like shells of their attacking, daring 2002 selves. The dish off to Olsen by Donovan in the box may be the most gutless, cowardly decision I've ever seen from a US player. He was 1v1 with the goalkeeper and just dished it off. I want a coach who'll light a real fire and competitive desire into these guys, as Bruce seems to have extinguished it.

2. SLCTex

SLCTex Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    I thought it was very telling when he passed the ball off instead of shooting.

3. Poet

Poet Member+

Mar 13, 2001
    Toledo, Ohio
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope so. LD is far too good a player for such sporadic performances. When he is on, we don't have another player like him. Even looking at the up and comers it's hard to see where we can find another one with his talent. Maybe Fielhaber, Arvizu, Adu?

4. Gints86

Gints86 Thanks Mchead

Nov 15, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Beckham has played well this tournament but I dont know if he will ever be able to shake that label off him. Problem with Donovan and Beasley is that instead of improving and learning from 02', they declined and we suffered. The big positive being that with Arvizu, Adu, Mastro, Mapp, Bradley etc etc etc........we have some options not including of course Dempsey, Convey and company. Donovan and Beasley will have to step up their game if they want to keep their jobs on the US national team. Maybe a little competition is just what they need, they both have basically had those positions to keep regardless of what kind of form they have been in. This will change very soon.