NSR: Because you can't motorboat personality - NSROT22

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Case, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To Case and those who laughed at my 'home photoshoots'...

Today, I was an extra in a Nutella advert. I get there - get given official German NT apparel to wear, and walk on set, where noneother then 4 German NT players, ala Jermaine Jones, Simon Rolfes, Manuel Neuer and Tobias Weis, are kitted out!

I ended up doing nothing, but I did end up sitting at the same small lunch table as the dudes, as I explained to them how the game of cricket works, and what beers they enjoyed, and...their club football...over a free gourmet buffet! Oh, and I had to open up the bottle of Coke for Rolfes - weak!

Photo's to come!
    And yes, I stole one of Jermaine Jones' socks!

2. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    That is so many levels of genius, not least that I may be able to use "I kinda e-know this guy who was in a Nutella commercial for foreign TV" to help with a panty-cracking mission I'm currently on.....
    You are plugging Coke in a Nutella ad? Badass!

Well ain't work interesting. I made a member of staff cry today, then when thought has smoothed that over as she joined for the staff seasonal meal, another employee cried because we ate an nando's....bigg I wish you'd have been there coz im pretty sure you'd slap any biatch for crying at nando's as a matter of policy..... Oh and now I'm getting fb shite from the first cryer.....good times!

3. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's up......

4. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Whaddup Dellci!!!

5. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    It's like the words are written in English but no kind of English I can actually understand and I'm usually pretty good at deciphering Britspeak, ta.

6. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Racist! Or more correctly, Caseist....

7. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that i think we need BBCAmerica closed captioning..:p

So how was your experience with the Cup final in LA Shrapnac? I liked mine until the loss and the LAX security on the way back haha almost got into a fight with one of them bag checking dudes..

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

What's up dude, long time no see! Hows tricks man?

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

The question is, what did you do to make said staff member cry?

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I bought Mango juice.....

So anyone watching the chumpship, Brumham Reading, well not only is Michael Duberry apparently still alive, but he was also victim of the rare and sporadically enforced rule regarding matching color undergarments, and made to take his white cycle shorts off from under his orange kit. I've been on this one before, as the laws totally and explicitly outlaw leggins as no under shorts may extend below the knee, yet old man Giggs and before than John "crowd go bananez" Bar-nez, fat Ronaldo etc etc have all been allowed to rock leggins in non-team short colors.....

11. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All Good man, I lost these threads about 6 months ago and have only just found them! How is everyone?

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well it's been so long that you've missed out on that I'm playing football again! :eek: hahaha

13. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah not bad not bad not getting any younger...:(

14. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    It was good, apart from the result obviously, but I was a little disappointed with our supporters turnout. It was pretty much just the ESC and nobody else. We must have been outnumbered 5 to 1.

15. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And still out sang them like by a million even after they won. Put a smile on my face and all but still haha.

16. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Here I am with the dudes. Sion Rolfes, Tobias Weis, Manuel Neuer, and Jermaine Jones, with his particularly cool NikeID's:

[​IMG]

Things That Inevitably Make One UPSET #243 & 244:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Awesome cheese sanch, awesome cheese....

This'll infuriate the goon, as I'm guessing they're tetchy about ade's red (and rightly so, with Vidic as well today was a joke for OTT sending off's), but the interview with Van Pervie was classic to show he's been cultured under the arsene voyeur way, when asked about the sending off "I didn't see it, but...."
    Genius!

18. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha Good ol' RVP! MY favourite chant bout him has to be...

*To the tune of Re-Rewind by Artful Dodger*

Van-Per-Sie when the girl says no, Mo-lest her!

19. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    So I'm bored of only half-remembering laws etc so am swotting up (alas alot of the "bet u didn't know that..." laws have since been removed from my days, like the good old unknown restart rule whereby the ball had to travel one complete revolution in order for a indirect free-kick to be in play), anyways, under Law 4: Players equipment in states that "players whose basic equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organiser or fifa"...so technically I wonder if Kaka runs his jesus accronym on his boots by fifa first....
    It also pretty much prohibits the good'ol Under Armour mocks with the logo on the turtleneck "players must not reveal undergarments showing slogans or advertising..."

Just love how little gets enforced when money is involved.....

ALSO.....

so a few years back I get hauled up on FA charges of bringing the game into disrepute, when I basically said that a referee was wrong to proceed with a fixture as the conditions were unsafe. Interestingly, under Law 5 the ref has all the powers to control a game, but is liable for none of them, what a convienient little twist that is!

20. Skizz

Skizz Guest

That van Persie interview was class - when I saw it the first thing I said was "hmm, he's learned a lot from the boss" haha! That referee was atrocious though, one standard for them, and another for us.

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Heh, didn't really watch the game, had it on in background whilst I lay here hoping to die from illness!
    Sanch, whats with the inevitability of being irritated by ajax of brumham? Coz if you're offended by the copying by unworthy teams, that I'm guessing you've missed the common EPL staple whereby a newly promoted team, knowing they'll be relegated the next year, gets a Brasil colorway for an away kit jus'coz!

22. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hit the nail on it's ugly head right there!
    And that post counts for 2 irritants, as an Ajax sponsor should ALWAYS be vertical! I'm sometimes not too sure if I like Ajax or ABN-AMRO...but that's the way I like it!

Wow, that just reminded me how much I used to like Ajax Amsterdam! Actually watched them live a couple of times, and went to the Arena. Strange the things you forget.

And another irritant!: I played footy today in my Lotto's...which were awesome yesterday. But I wore some shitely thin ankle socks, and it felt as if my boots were too big and long on me! The HORROR! Really, it is one of my worst nightmares.

23. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    *sigh*
    so sanch, youy gonna return the boots, or just the socks :p

24. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After such trauma, I am now sitting with noneother then my Nike Legends on my feet. Oh Nike, why oh why did I forsake you?!

In other news, I've been browsing through ebay (yes, just browsing), and have come across some beautiful boots, ala the MV1 in black/red. An evil side of me comes out in times like these, and I sometimes think of snapping up all the great deals on random sizes...just so that no1 else but ME ME ME gets a chance to have them!

Anyhoo, hows the prices of Legends looking over in the UK now? January is just around the corner! SALE SALE SALE!

25. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Strangely enough I was just watching some Ajax highlights on 101greatgoals and I kept going, "is that Ajax? The sponsor doesn't look right. That can't be Ajax. What happened to ABN-AMRO?" For the full 6 minutes of the video.