NSR: Because you can't motorboat personality - NSROT22

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Case, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Wuss, I just pop my knee in tackles now...thats commitment for ya :D

2. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here we go again...
    FBI 1-0 Barack cronies.

3. UVaGooner

UVaGooner BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Um, you do know his predecessor as governor, a Republican, was also indicted a few years ago. This has nothing to do with party affiliation, just being stupid. Not to mention that the wiretap picked up this gem:

A key tidbit from the DOJ statement on Gov. Blagojevich's attempt "to sell or trade" Obama's vacant senate seat: Blago thought the Obama team was "not willing to give me anything except appreciation" for tapping their preferred candidate. "[Expletive] them," Blago said.

Blago was pissed because Obama wouldn't pay to play.

4. UVaGooner

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Plus, who do you think told the FBI exactly what Blago said to the Obama folks? Trust me, if anything, the Obama camp was helping out w/the investigation.

Yep, word is Rahm Emmanuel turned him in to the prosecutor because he wouldn't give Valerie Jarrett the seat for free. I guess he didn't realize what they meant when they called him "Rahmbo".

Here is a part of the back and forth on a wiretap that might be Rahm arguing with Blagojevich:

ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated that he is "struggling" financially and does "not want to be Governor for the next two years." ROD BLAGOJEVICH said that the consultants (Advisor B and another consultant are believed to be on the call at that time) are telling him that he has to "suck it up" for two years and do nothing and give this "mother********er [the President-elect] his senator. ******** him. For nothing? ******** him."

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

It's soooo pretty man I want to cry but it's actually gonna be finished maybe for the end of the new season in 2009!!

6. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

7. UVaGooner

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Love you too, Cjump!:D

8. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Anyone care to translate these last posts into ENGLISH (uk)???

9. UVaGooner

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'll give it a try. Obama was a U.S. Senator (a MP to you). Once he won the election, he resigned his Senate seat, which still has 2 years left in the term. To fill his seat, the governor of his state, Illinois, is supposed to select someone to fill it. The governor, Blagojevich, has been under investigation for several years for corruption by the FBI (our version of MI5). It was revealed yesterday that he was asking for bribes from anyone who wanted to become Obama's successor in the Senate. Cjump is implying that because Blagojevich and Obama are in the same party (Democrats), that somehow Obama is guilty by association. It seems, however, that Obama's people are the ones who pressured the FBI to do something about this.

Here's a synopsis in 100 seconds.

10. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well it is 5 AM and i have been up since 3 AM coughing my lungs out. can't sleep or lay down without feeling like i am suffocating. i do find UVAgooner post about what i meant hilarious. He implies that there is only a party link between the two. so my picture was about him "circling the wagons". the chicago machine at work again!

BarackBook

edit: i have no f'in clue what devil is talking about. English or American

11. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This bloody site is taking this picture down a zillion times :mad:

I'm happy about : [​IMG]

12. kumazou

kumazou Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Further translation: Dev is happy about Red Bull Arena -- future home of NY Red Bulls.

I must admit, the stadium is going to be really nice. Being accessible by PATH is huge! Too bad they are about 5 years too late for me. I'm going to have to check it out for a Sounders away match when it finally opens.

13. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very very happy haha. I think I'm going to go mad for the next few months/year till it opens. I'm hoping for a dry winter!!!!

I wish I could do the away trip to Seattle for the first game, but it's a mid week game my luck after the LA trip I'm planning on a few road games if finances work out. And the Cup final if we make it again.

14. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well I have been smited again by the football Gods...last training session before I was due to face off against my old team on Sunday, what happens? Over the ball tackle which pops my ankle. It didn't dislocate but I am just about walking on it. It's a race against time now to get fit for Sunday but I don't think I'm going to make it and I'm SO FECKED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thursday = Popped knee
    Sunday = Full game

Sounds unlikely and dangerous mate!

16. Skizz

Skizz Guest

It weren't my knee (again lol) it was my ankle...it wasn't a full pop, more of a twinge. I strapped it up and it feels a bit better now a lot of the pain has gone. Which considering with the strapping I could still barely walk on it earlier and am now quite comfortable, seems like a lot of progress!

17. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was about to blame it on my reading skills, but you've done your knee so many times that you just can't blame anyone for not reading carefully after you've used the word 'popped'.:p

Well I hope the best thing happens for you - as they say - everything happens for a reason.

In the meantime, my knee still has no feeling. I went to a homeopath last week, and supposedly, after walking around for 10 hours a day on holiday, in slip slops, for 2 weeks, without my necessary insoles for arch support, I've compressed the vertabrae in my lower spine, and I now have to do back stretches until the nerve running through my leg has the swelling go down. :rolleyes:

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Nice! At least it's not as bad as Case's situation, whereby he torments himself purchasing expensive boots he can't play in at the moment...:p

19. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Say my name say my name....

Tape it up and you'll be good to go! Unless it's the same leg as the knee - my knee prolly wouldn't have gone if I didn't have my ankles taped :(

I bleep-tested to level 15 (on a treadmill mind, so no turning) and stopped because the gym shut (reckon I had another level or 2 in me), bearing in mind I've not so much as broke into a jog for over a month and really haven't done any fitness for 6... so now I'm thinking I could mebe start playing again.....

20. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Long-time lurker; promise it won't happen much ... :-\

I just HAD to go someplace where people know about shirts and bitch about how horrible BS ********ed up this jersey. This is their 'generic printing.' I don't get the option of authentic printing unless I order from Oslo. (At $175)

But even if it's generic, shouldn't the damn colors at least match? And the fonts are nowhere near the same.

Original:
    [​IMG]

What they gave me:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since they gave me the wrong shirt (should have the flag and not the dragon) they're giving me a full refund. But if it wasn't the wrong shirt, I would have been screwed. And that's sad, because I have a generic printed shirt from 2007 via soccer.com and it looks pretty good. I feel bad because this shirt is now trash.

Lesson: I will be paying $175 next month for an authentic printed shirt from Norway. And I will never, ever order generic printing ever again.

21. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Case, I went back to playing with ZERO training. Did four hour-long sessions, had a 15 minute sub appearances then played the full game the next week. I feel ok, my legs were f#cked the day after my first session and apart from the odd over-stretch which hurt big style (the first time I did it I thought I had popped it again) I've been ok *touchwood*. The main problem I've had is getting used to the fact my knee isn't going to be the same, two weeks ago I put a proper piledriver in the bottom corner from a very awkward angle with my bad leg, and wondered why my leg ached so much afterwards...it took a while to remember that was the first time I'd hit a proper shot on it for 16 months!

redcard I don't trust printing over the internet, I've taken to doing it myself but if I can't do that I make sure I'm there in person to tell the stupid f#cker doing it exactly how I want it...maybe I should purchase a heat press machine and you lot send me your shirts to do, for a reasonable fee? :)

22. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Assuming I could find the numbers and letters, I'd definitely send my shirts out to you.

Of course, I wasn't NEARLY this anal about shirt printing until I started hanging out in these parts. Bastards. :p

23. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    So are there 2 options of the official shirt with different badges then???

24. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well, not really. Long story short(ened), the dragon shirt debuted, the public freaked out, so they decided to go back to the flag. (Pus-ies!) But they decided to sell what they had to the public since people wanted them to collect.

BigSoccer started selling the new flag shirts right before the OLY kicked off in August. Norway's women were in some half-assed kit they threw together at the OLY since they didn't have the flag shirts ready by early August ....? Yeah, so BS gets the flag shirts before the national teams do?

It seems BigSoccer either got some of the leftover Dragon shirts mixed in with new flag shirts, or simply just got a full order of dragon shirts in the summer, then got flag shirts when they ordered more. The nat teams didn't wear the flag shirts until October.

I've ordered a size L twice now and both times have been the Dragon shirt, despite them checking the bins and assuring me it's the flag shirt. Basically, it's all FUBAR because there's dragon shirts mixed with flag shirts and no one's thought to sort them out.

And to think I busted my ass to get a dragon shirt in June from Oslo. And paid $130!! Now they're falling into my ********ing lap at $45 a pop.

Not that I'm bitter. :D

25. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like the New Big Soccer Supporter crap thingy ehh to generic...

Well...Now I can show my massive hate for what is DC Shite :cool: