Because the Super Bowl halftime show sucks - NSROT [18]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can I just say .....

5000TH POST BABY!!

WOOHOO!

Its only taken me 3 years! haha, not too bad though considering i only post in this forum. Just wanted to celebrate that landmark!

appleCORR

2. m4k-10

m4k-10 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    gallas is an enthusiastic captain and is like a father to the arsenal players. and to see that happen to eduardo...just harsh, plain harsh

3. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    Does anyone have the video of what Apps just mentioned?

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently according the JC youtube has been removing videos of the tacklet all day. But im sure if you are desperate to see it you might find something. Especially now its been shown on MOTD.

appleCORR

5. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Congrats kid, tho I reckon they break down to:
    1000 "I have more vapors than you" posts
    500 "Im actually a girl you know"
    500 Case insults
    3000 I LOVE V1 posts!!!!!
    :D:D

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ahhh id say there are more 'I Love V1' posts than that! ;)

appleCORR

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Click on the link to my blog, and on there there is a video of the "incident" in question.

Case, re the DOB, that was my thought exactly :p

8. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well to brighten things up...
    too all you london-ites, keep may 10th open
    this is basically one the concert I dream of every night.
    I'd strongly recommend any single one of those bands, let alone them all gathering in one place.

9. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I have heard of precisely ZERO of those bands....but then I am old and outta touch

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    on a side note. played only my second and my new teams 2nd ever competitive basketball match yesterday! we won!!!

i got 12 points and about 7 or 8 rebounds, so close to the beautiful double double!

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I haven't heard of any of them either. So looks like we are both out of touch or just old!!

appleCORR

12. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    hahahaha, Petr Bonnet-y just flapped a cross onto woodygates head for a spurs lead, 2 of my least favourite players combining for something both funny and awesome...
    Now whiny lil'bitch is coming in for whiny'big "I never wanted to sign for them tho" LIAR John Obiwank Mikel-taker so no doubt will score a spawny deflected equaliser....

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i dunno who i dislike more

chavs or yids!!

hopefully the stadium will collapse on both teams

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, I want Spurs to win. Which is a good job really considering they've just got a 2nd goal. Lets hope they can hold on. I just wanna see the Cheatski boys cry!

appleCORR

15. quixoticelixir42

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well, Paramore's just rising to fame now in the US, and the others are just personal favorites of mine. They're all great and completely underrated, and to put them together is just a hell of a concert.

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    hmm, not that id want Kalou to score, but REALLY, blowing for fulltime when dudes pretty much clean thru on goal, old alan smith said the ref DOES NOT have to wait for an attack to conclude, anyone know when this changed? Always interested in rules that seem to be ignored or whatever, which leads me to my game this morning, our defender was going to hook the ball clear in the area but as it sat up the attacker came in from behind him and stole it and got a kick for his efforts. The ref correclty gave an indirect freekick (and nota peno) as there couldn't have been intent, the chavtastic opposition all moaned and I politely pointed out that just becoz a premiership ref hasn't had the bottle to make that call for like 15 years, doesn't mean its not a rule and that he made the right decision.
    Thankfully :rolleyes:the ref made up for this accuracy by a series of shocking decisions that cost us the game against our bitterest local rivals....

17. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ahhh, what a lovely Emo-fest. Leave it out. The bands are good the people that follow them however aren't. I've seen Paramore three times now, met them twice and kissed Hayley. I'm fulfilled.

18. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hate the fact they're removing videos of the tackle! What is with this censorship? It's a leg break, it happens, I think it should be left as a warning to twats who want to fly in on people like they do. At least Eduardo's rich, just imagine if that was a semi pro or less. The guy can't work or drive or anything. On a nicer note I do hope he recovers, which i'm confident he will he's young.

And Case...nothing beats Luc Nilis' break. He toe punted himself in his knee it broke so bad!

19. quixoticelixir42

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you kissed hayley williams?
    you are a god, even if you like the wrong side of the pool.

the bands are more poppy than emo.. no hawthorne heights or aiden here.

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think its just because it was so graphic.

But i also think the fact that they are doing this whole 'censorship' thing is causing a big hype around it with everyone wanting to see it MORE than if they just left the thing up there!!

Henrik Larssons was pretty evil too!!

appleCORR

21. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I really didn't think they would show it on MOTD. The worst vid was the second one where you see him scream then lie there looking at his leg. What would you do, seriously? If you just came out of a tackle and your bone was hanging out your leg and the sole of your boot was looking at you? It doesn't bear thinking about...

On a lighter note, the most legendary leg break I've seen watching Arsenal was Abou Diaby when Sunderland's Dan Smith dislocated and broke his ankle in a shit tackle a couple of years back. Diaby hit the deck, screamed, then got up and hobbled after him throwing punches! The physio literally had to restrain him, all this with his foot hanging off his leg! He even got a lift off two of the backroom staff down the tunnel, no stretcher for Vieira's lovechild I say!

22. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And that was in the 93rd minute or something, on the halfway line, when they were 3-0 down I think....and he had to lunge in like that...

Eduardo's injury has made me alot more bleak though.

23. quixoticelixir42

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    funniest moment of the weekend had to be aliadiere's red card for slapping mascherano at the end of the l'pool- boro match.
    not up on youtube yet, but i'll keep checking back to post if anyone hasn't seen that.

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was a proper bitch slap too!! haha!

appleCORR

25. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    I always miss the funny moments. First the red against Inter and now the red against 'Boro. :(