Beat performances in the Gold Cup [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by thegoofy1, Oct 28, 2002.

1. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Well, it was a painful to watch in the second half, but our girls were productive in yesterdays game against Mexico. CP with a goal and Bri with a shut out (although she was never really tested imho).

3-0 US

Yay.

2. piper

piper New Member

Who do they play next, I'm too lazy to go check. :D

And whoever it is I hope the US takes their clubs out this game!!

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Our group plays this Tuesday in Fullerton. It will be TnT v USWNT and Mexico v Panama. Damn we better make mince meat out of TnT!

4. piper

piper New Member

Man, they better bring their A+ game because seriously, I want to see TnT flesh all over the pitch.

Is that mean?

5. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Ugh, not much flesh in that game apparently (i have yet to see the game).

Yes, we won. 3-0.

Yes, CP scored again, and Bri got another shut out. Did T&T ever get into our defensive third?

Sounds like it wasn't very pretty.

But we won, thats the important thing.

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Scurry was never tested in this match.

Trinidad and Tobago pretty much played defense throughout the night.

7. Yeah, we pretty much kept it on their end, but I was a bit disappointed with our shots on goal. We needed a lot more restraint. We were kickin' all sorts of NFL-style field goals. Way too much power on the ball.
    Also, I couldn't figure out what was happening with P-Low. Everybody was having a horrible time reaching her in corner kicks and whatnot.
    I give props to TT's keeper, though. She made some brilliant saves. She is quite skilled. I'd love to see her in the WUSA if she isn't already.

Not a great game last night, but I can't wait for tonight!!! It's so good to be seeing these people televised!!!

8. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Absolutely. I really thought we'd only see the US games (if that even) before they made that announcement. I'm so glad we get to see all of them, even if it means staying up WAY too late at night ;)

9. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Nice to see the Beat ladies having an impact. Thanks for the updates.

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Canada v Haiti
    Hooper has a hattrick.
    IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!! A PK, a header and some other one.
    :eek:

11. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    is amy walsh playing?

12. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    LomaB8 says she is on the bench.

Nonen playing of course. Former Courage player Silvana Burtini has notched a goal. Boston's keeper Kareena Leblanc is the second stringer behind McLeod.

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Walsh who has, according to Max Bretos, "no club affiliation", enters the match in either the 57th or 58th minute.

For you chodes that are interested in hairstyles :rolleyes:...Ms. Walsh is sporting a short 'do.

14. Yeah, that wound up 11-1 in Canada's favor. I wonder what sort of impact this match will have on a Canada-USA match. Will they carry the high of this match with them, or will they lose composure---and a game? Canada'll be interesting to watch.

15. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    I like her hair.

Nonen came off in the second half. I wasn't too impressed with her play before Pellerud yanked her. Not a great game for Nonen.

I stopped watching after 9-1 to watch the end of the amazing race 3. (Haven't hooked the VCR up yet).

16. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  17. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    Pretty give and go between Walsh and Hooper results in Walsh scoring her first goal of the tourney tonight.

18. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  19. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i will have to agree with loma on that....both games sharolta has looked a bit "off" and "lost"...not her usual self...maybe she's still not feeling well from her flu bout awhile back?? hopefully she'll play better next game(s)!!

as mentioned in mel10's forum, i like amy's new 'do...i think she drew inspiriation from tisha circa '99 ;) lol

elaine

20. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    She appears to be holding the ball when she should clear it and clearing the ball when she has time. Its quite odd. She looked better in the second half vs Jamaica..

21. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    good assessment loma! that's exactly what happened....and she did play better in the 2nd half vs. jamaica...maybe it was the captain's armband that calmed her down? lol ;)

elaine

22. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    Add 2 more to Hooper's tally. A Pk and a nice looping chip over the keeper. She's tied atop the leader board for goals (6) with Sinclair and Millbrett

23. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    Nonen looked better today, more confident and more able.

24. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    Thats what I was just coming to pst. Ha.

25. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I know you are a Canadian, but here is the dilemma. We all love the Beat, but do we root for Beat players before the US Nat team? Personally, I don't. If Nonen is playing against either the US or Chinese NT's, I root against her. Same with Sawa and Hooper. Against anyone else.....

WAR NONEN!!!
    WAR HOOPER!!!
    WAR SAWA!!!