Beasley -- Reported DUI

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by WarriorSoccer, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Beasley Arrested

libelous, unless you are reading it to a friend out loud. THen it's slanderous.

I think.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

I think you're looking for Libational. I don't know if anyone has let you in on this little secret, but the surest way to increase a thread's life is to post a couple of dozen times in it complaining about it. Just a friendly DUI, I mean FYI.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Babelfish translation of the "story."

VALKENSWAARD - Psv-speler Damarcus Beasley (23) must for the police force judge appear because he drove with too much spirits on in a car.

On 17 January he was caught in falcon landlord. From a analysis became clear that he with approximately 1.3 promille on behind the wheel zat, whereas 0.5 promille have been permitted. The matter serves on 21 April in end courts.

_ previous year October arrange Beasley a matter with justice for a lawsuit occur. The PSV'er had taken along spullen which he after a flight of America to the Netherlands would have had indicate at the customs authorities. It concerned including iPod, gsm and a digital camera.

4. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Once again, these are just people analyzing the situation and expressing their opinion at the news of a member of the USMNT possibly commiting a crime and endangering his life and the life of others.

I for one hope that this is all a big misunderstanding and nothing happens to Beasley, however, there is nothing wrong with speculating.

Also, voros makes some great points about being a public figure and in the media. You are definatly held to a higher standard and you not only get tried in the court of law, but the court of public opinion. OJ was found innocent in the eyes of the law, but everybody knows he killed his wife and the other guy. I know the example is a stretch, but its how the world works. Hell, watch Sky Sports news each night on FSC, they give a 5-10 mintue segement to the back pages of each paper that is just sports rumors and public bashing of the players and managers.

When in the public eye, you get scrutinized 100x more and even if he is found not guilty or pleads to a lesser offense, it wouldn't surprise me to see him banned for one of the warm up games. If hes found guilty or gets jail time, then I hope BA will come down with a mcuh heavier hand.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Once again, was Beasley arrested, or wasn't he?

If he was, it was four months ago.

This isn't some hypothetical thread about some hypothetical USMNT player. This is a thread accusing a specific man of committing a crime.

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA

Too much spirits in the car - priceless!

7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

He was caught in falcon landlord. Is that a Dutch car make and model?

:D

8. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Based on using babelfish for many other translations i would say that the article says He is appearing before a judge because he was caught driving after drinking too much.

In January he was caught in "falcon landlord" (guessing that is a county or some sort of a location name). It was determined that while behind the wheel he was at 1.3, while 0.5 is permitted. He will be in court on April 21st

Last october, Beasley had an issue with law enforcement when he took a flight from the US to the Netherlands and didn't declare items to customs. He had an iPod, GSM (cell phone) and digital camera.

9. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC

HaHa... I guess Mike Lastort wanted to discuss the thread, so he complained it should be moved and not discussed. Now he is discussing the issue.

I think you figured out his strategy (7 posts in 30 minutes). :D

10. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, he was arrested 3 months ago, but he has to appear in court in two days and face some sort of a fine or sentence. In this country, thats called news young padawan.

11. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ

After reading this thread, I think I need a beer.

12. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

There is no news and no analysis about the USMNT in this thread.

Frankly, I think the subforums in the USA forums are stupid. However, it's even more stupid to have them and then not enforce whatever idiotic rules are in place.

13. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I drink as I type. Get a beer helmet :)

[​IMG]

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

He was arrested? Are you sure about that?

15. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Seeing he has a court date in less than 48hrs time, its a very safe assumption that he was arrested.

Turning your argument back on you, do you have any direct evidence that he was not arrested? Are you sure about that?

16. OCKlinsmann

OCKlinsmann Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Last time I checked the Ford Falcon was a big overseas model. Landlord is probably a mis-translation.

An agreement to appear in Court on the 21st indicates arrest or citation and signing of an agreement to appear on the scene,
    given European attitudes towards DUI's.....my guess is he was arrested and held overnight or until the PSV counsel made a few phone calls.

17. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

I'm not claiming anything either way. I don't know if he was or was not arrested. I don't read Dutch.

I also don't know anything about Dutch law. I have no idea if that article states that he has a court date. Do you?

18. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the correction on the falcon :) Thanks for using basic logic on the rest.

19. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I blame the Polish Fire Fans for not teaching him how to sneak minor stuff through customs. :)

20. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You really just are a moron, aren't ya :)

Now this is broken english, but if this was sent or said to you, what would you logically think the meaning is?

There is a matter that will be served in court on April 21st.

21. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA

Ford Falcon

[​IMG]

22. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Depends on the country. In some northern countries, like Denmark, one or two DUIs will get a prison sentence measured in years.

23. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

The only morons in this thread are the ones saying Beasley is guilty based on an article, written in Dutch, that was published on a web site a week ago.

I don't read Dutch. I also don't like to make assumptions based on Babelfish translations.

24. judodono

judodono Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Club:
    --other--

dude, relax. go outside.

25. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006

And a sack of Buddha.