Beasley - psv @ vitesse 11-21 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by afgrijselijkheid, Nov 21, 2004.

1. vmax71

vmax71 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 11, 2002
    high desert
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are truly an expert at pbp dude. If I had any reputation, I would definitely dole some out. Thanks a lot for the work! :D

2. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I know nothing of PSV other than Beasley but maybee Robben's priority was to set up Kezmen. Does PSV have a goal scorer this season that is as talented as Kezmen?

3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Because he helped Kezman to pop in 35.

4. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    From what few stats I have found it looks as though PSV are a more balanced attack right now and nobody will score anywhere near as many goals as Kezman did the past few years.

Assists aren't tracked very well in Europe so I have no idea at all how many Robben had last year.

5. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Maybe.

Anyway, I get the feeling that bigger clubs are gonna be approaching PSV regarding DMB very soon.

While we will all agree that DMB is not a finished product, his track record thus far at PSV and the fact that there a so few quality left wingers in the world lead me to believe his stint at PSV may be a short one.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    people, people! robben is quite clearly one of the best 5 young players on the planet PERIOD - why he didn't score so many goals at psv (if you must) can be traced to several factors such as:

1-injury troubles - robben missed nearly half the season, and played hurt a lot

2-different psv formation last year - a LW in a 442 is in much more of a service role than a LW in a 433

if those two arent enough to satisfy, then try to remember that goals scored is not necessarily an indicator of how good one plays

but thanks to everybody for the kind words

7. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your post.

Even if DMB is a finished product now, I agree with the gist of your post - DMB should be a wanted man.

8. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Don't get defensive B-Daddy...I wasn't trying to put Robben down. I've seen him play 5 or so times and he's always looked good. I just wanted to know why he didn't score more goals for PSV...simple as that.

9. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I think we've seen an improvement in DMB already in the short time he's been at PSV so I'm assuming he'll get better still. But yeah, there is a lot of hope in my assumption.

10. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Has anyone heard if DMB will get another shot against Arsenal? I believe PSV are catching Arsenal at a good time with respect to the form of the two teams. It would be nice to see DMB avenge the one blip on his young Euro career.

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why dont you watch robben play before you make comments like this? maybe you shouldve seen the goals robben scored(4 straight in 4 games coming off of injury) on one of his goals he took the ball at the half line raced down field and beat three defenders all on his lonelone and scored. on another he took the ball at the top of the penalty box, faked out 4 defenders(with no help, putting two of them on their @sses as he moved by them) and scored. DMB(though i love him) hasnt even had a dream yet about scoring a goal like those. not to mention robben is only 20 years old. he missed a chunkof the season last year due to injury, but the year before he scored 12 goals at the age of 18. im sure you also didnt know the chelsea's offense was sputtering badly before robben was inserted in the lineup and since then....GOALS, GOALS, GOALS. not to mention how good he is for holland(2nd at the euros in assists, and in their last world cup qualifier he factored into all 3 goals(1goal 2 assists)). this comparison should not be made.

12. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how is this not a knock on robben BTW?

13. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    At 2:06 EDT there was a post by me that should have saved you the time you spent on this rant.

14. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago

Beasley is still competing for time and settling in at PSV, regardless of what you want to project on his goal tally. I think he's doing great, but he's basically in a dogfight for playing time.

15. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I could sit here and waste 10 minutes of my life trying to explain exactly what each word was supposed to mean but I'll just simply state that it was not a knock on Robben. Hopefully that will be the end of the story.

16. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    sure, here: http://voetbalclips.50megs.com

:)

b.t.w., regarding the DMB-hype in this thread, I think you guys are getting a bit carried away, Robben had much more impact on PSV's games than DMB has (yet). If you visit the PSV-forum(s) you'll notice that most people there don't rate Beasley that high yet and he hasn't been all that impressive so far either. He needs to improve a lot to succeed in European football but he certainly has the talent to get there.

Robben didn't score that many goals last season because that team was falling apart slowly, everyone was flirting with other teams, the European campaign (CL) was terrible as usual and like said before, there was one rather "egoistic" (in a good way) center-forward claiming most goals. PSV has been freed of Kezman so to speak and now the team's less predictable. All the more chances for people like Beasley, Farfan, Vennegoor and Park to shine and score.

17. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Sounds like DBM played well again today for PSV, keep up the good work! But, what I really want to talk about is the injury to VofH, sorry to see him suffer this type of setback, but... Could the timing have been any better for a certain talented Grown Ass Man to go on trial with them? Are there any reports on how long VofH will be out?

18. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I see where your coming from, we shouldn't put the cart in front of the horse so to speak, but I've visit the PSV(Holland) forum many times. Sure DMB can and needs to improve, but then again if his play so far isn't considered impressive or at least considered a good start, well what the hell are these people expecting, Superman? Come on, most accounts I've read and the couple games I've seen he seems to be a effective and dangerous player, he's scoring goals, getting free kicks in dangerous spots, drawing many fouls and cards, being aggressive, etc. While you said their probably too much hype over here on YA, think there's too much pessimism over on that forum, maybe it's a residual euro anti-yank type of thing?

19. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Well, exactly. He'll always be compared to Robben by the fans, just like the next guy will be compared to DMB, that's the way things go in football. (and not only football) It's just way too early to say anything about DMB's impact on the team.
    But... I have to agree with most that's been said here, he had a very good start, he's feeling fine in the group and it looks like he's used to life in another "world" already.

Damn, you caught us!! and DMB = PSV's WMD.

:D

20. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    Yo Johan, your link ain't working.

21. Dan Roudebush

Dan Roudebush New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    The talent at PSV is pretty high.

Two Korean Nats.
    A Danish Nat.
    Two (?) Swiss nats
    Three-four Dutch Nats (2 started this week)
    A Peruvian Nat

A comer in Alex who they will probably sell downstream.

Damn shame about Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink right before Arsenal.

Will it be Farfan & Bease, Farfan & Sibon, or Bease and Sibon against Arse? (Park is probably a given)

BD thanks for pbp.

22. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Don't say that too loud, Duyba might hear ya, WMD's and legalized drugs aren't kosher with his red state/Jesusland moral values! Watch it, Holland might soon be added to the Axis of Evil according to him. :)

23. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You need to give DMB time, no club like Arsenal or Chelsea will offer him 30 mil for scoring a few goals with a half season played in Europe. I know its exciting for us yank fans but you need to give it time man. Look at Timmy, he was up there with the Gods of best goalkeepers and look at him now, lets take it easy.

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i kinda got the feeling farfan would get the arsenal start, but he hasnt returned from peru yet because of some sort of family situation - if JF isnt back in eindhoven tomorrow, DMB will start... and he might anyway because hiddink is very happy with him

25. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I didn't say he would comand 30 million. I do think he will command $10-15 million at some point in his career though (note that is dollars) and if he keeps up this scoring rate it will be sooner rather than later.