Beasley, PSV-Twente, 12/29 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by johan derksen, Dec 29, 2005.

1. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Game starts in 5 minutes (6 PM local time)

Gomes,
    Lucius, Addo, Ooijer, Lamey,
    Simons, Cocu, Culina,
    Beasley, Vennegoor of Hesselink en Koné.

subs: Coe, Reiziger, Ball, Väyrynen, Farfán, Sibon en Aissati.

2. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Good counterattack by PSV in the second minute and Kone misses a chance right in front of goal, pushes his shot wide left with only the keeper to beat.

3. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    CK taken by Beasley is initially cleared but immediately crossed back into the area causing a bit of a scramble.

4. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Beasley moves to the right side of the pitch and plays a good give and go play with Culina before sending in the cross to VoH which is just cut out before VoH can shoot.

5. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Another attack by PSV after a defensive mistake, Cocu send Kone through but ends up to wide from the goal, Beasley makes a run and ends up all alone at the top of the box but Kone doens't make the pass and loses the ball.

OOHH Beasley with a nice cross from the right which is just cut out right in front of goal. PSV really putting pressure on them now.

6. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Twente go up against the run of play, a really good individual effort by the Twente attacker.

1-0 Twente in the 41st minute.

7. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Are these nice crosses by Bease from the right, right-footed?

8. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Last one was, it was a low cross that was just cut off, the other crosses were all left-footed.

Second half just started VoH misses a wide open goal once Farfan's shot was blocked. Unfortunately Farfan came on for Beasley at the half.

9. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Wow great volley by VoH saved by the keeper but the rebound is put in by Cocu. 1-1 now in teh 70th minute, PSV is all over Twente right now the second goal looks like it'll be coming soon.

10. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But not too soon apparently

11. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Its been really ridiculous I mean PSV are just throwing everything foward, shots and crosses coming in from all angles but the ball isn't going in the net. Kone missed another open goal when the keeper came out poorly when he had teammates in the middle. And as I type another PSV attacker (I think Lamey) hits the crossbar (as did Farfan like 5 minutes earlier) and the broadcast shows that the shot was traveling at 104 km/hr (hows that for reporting?). Just really unbelievable PSV should have at least three goals right now.

12. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    FT 1-1, PSV really should've won this game, Twente are very lucky to get away with a point. I have no idea why Guss took out Beasley when Kone and Culina were playing so poorly, Culina in particular contributed nothing to the attack. Unfortunately this result will allow f-word and AZ to gain some ground in the standings.

13. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps saving him a bit as he is coming off injury and played a full 90 (I think) in the match over the weekend. Probably a smart strategy. Hope Cookie does the same with McBride in the two upcoming Fulham games (or plays him even less).

14. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    Beasley shouldnt have been taken out...But I see they wanted Farfan in. Farfan did spark many chances for the team, just wish Bease coulda stayed in some of the 2nd half.

Btw does he usually play Attack like he did???

15. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but I doubt it as McBride is in the middle of a mother of all hot streaks -- Coleman will rest him when he cools off.

16. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    Yep

17. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Hiddink at the press conference after the game, on why he took off Beasley:

"Beasley should be able to force something for us in these kind of games, games in which we play on the other teams' half most of the time. He should try and go past his opponent in and around the box. That's important in our game, otherwise you make it easy for Twente because they like to wait for us to come at them. And then they have the physical strength to keep us in control when playing one on one. So you have to outplay that one-to-one situation somewhere on the field but Beasley lost to many balls today against his opponent."

18. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, he was pulled for lack of performance.

19. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

interesting.

the anti-Christiano Ronaldo.

Take your lessons well Beaser

20. dayvi

dayvi New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Sammamish, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Sounds like it, but his poor performance may well be owing to the long time off followed by playing the full 90 just three days before.

21. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

Happens to the best of em.

22. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Is it typical of Hiddink to single out individual players especially when it's not all positive commentary? I think he's got a point. Beasley, right or wrong, is thought of as being able to beat guys in a one-on-one situation. Personally, I don't see that as his real strength. He performs best (and scores most often) in off the ball situations and will never be a sheer winner of chances. Sounds like a less than diplomatic Hiddink was knocking the Beas' game.

23. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps -- but then perhaps this is a good motivational tactic from Guus heading into the CL matches and the stretch run of the Ere next year. Certainly, its difficult to argue with Hiddink's track record of getting the best out of his players.

24. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I agree with you here. However that does not seem acceptable to Hiddink - the trainer of players.

I'm with Hiddink. Beas get a few moves. Get your sh!t together.

25. 2-0 Baby

2-0 Baby New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any commentary by those that saw the game? Is Hiddink on the money or being overly critical?