BC Place Roof Installation

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by TheIronShiek, Mar 2, 2010.

1. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    This is my final comment on the subject: http://unitedirelander.blogspot.com/2005/08/rangers-bigots-sunk-by-stena.html

2. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Well JohnnyRanger; I got a warning from the moderator for putting this up (or for some part of this thread). I won't mention it again but I thought you should realize that the religious junk is STILL very much around over there. Its not an ancient relic like you make it out to be.

Now , back to the BC PLACE ROOF!

3. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Typical that Ranger ignores this post.

4. NF-FC

NF-FC Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Niagara Falls
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Dude, just because the guy likes Rangers doesn't mean he condones religious persecution. Get over yourself.

5. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I ignored your post because it's irrelevant.
    1. Your blog post is from 5 years ago. Old news that everyone knows about.
    2. You also neglected to post anything celtic knuckle draggers have ever done.
    3. You also failed to understand my saying that I don't support or condone it.
    4. I realize that there are bigots and sectarian crappy things done by BOTH sides, and it's not exclusive to Scotland.
    5. You received a warning because you are at the windup, then you repost it as a quote... give me strength.

I'm fully done wasting keyboard-handbags-at-ten-paces with you.

6. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps

I really like that line.:)

7. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The uncertainty whether or not the old blue seats would be replaced inside BC Place is thankfully over. There's a request for proposal from Pavco for 40,000 seats. This will be 10k short of the total 55k the stadium will be finished with, minus the 5k club seats already planned in the mid-lower level areas. So who knows what's going on there.

Plastic with steel frame, 50cm width, gravity hinge (no spring), hinged armrest, welded steel cup holder. Colours- 30% Stone Grey, 20% Quartz Grey, 30% Traffic Red, 20% Ruby Red.

8. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Awesome! I hated the colour of those seats and wondered why they weren't replacing them. Do you have a link?

9. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry, I don't have an official link but it's through a reliable person and moderator at SSP. I remember months ago hearing from someone that works at BC Place that there would be new red seats but then we didn't hear anything again. At any rate the info is good but here's forum link anyway - http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=151228&page=121

I'm not sure how to get RFP's that are released by PAVCO. Anyone know?

10. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Warren Buckley, CEO of Pavco, said that BC Place will be open by or before the third week of Sept, which is "Fall".

Most of the info in this article is already known but there is some stuff on the decision making on renovating the stadium vs building one somewhere else. Buckley confirms what the common perception of people interested in the subject was, it had mainly to do with acquiring new land for a stadium and transport connections. Also the scoreboard is 65ft on the longest sides and 35 on the end bits < I think we knew this one already.

http://sports.yahoo.com/cfl/blog/cf...r-September-opening-Buckley-sa?urn=cfl-289663