BC Place Roof Installation

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by TheIronShiek, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Click on Shiek's username.
    2. Choose to View Public Profile if a pop-up appears instead of taking you directly to his profile.
    3. On the page that displays, select the User Lists dropdown (it's in the first grey bar on the profile).
    4. Select Add to ignore list.
    5. Select the Yes button.
    6. Shiek is now rocking your ignore list.

2. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Not nice.

3. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    This from the young man who thinks the few thousand people that have bought tickets for over 2 decades (since before he was born) are not supporters.

4. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Huh, what....are....u....on about? That's what I said>>>>>>>>>>>The stadium will be available for WFC to play in the Summer but the entire refurbishment of the stadium will not be finished until Autumn in time for Grey Cup. This may mean the finishing touches is down to minor adjustments to the new roofing, installation of the clerestory glass around the stadium rim beam, cosmetic additions, etc.

We've known this for ages, it's on their website. I have no idea why this topic has become so circular.

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The instructions work for anyone. So if you want to add me to your ignore list, just replace your username with mine.;)

6. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

i'll give you a hint. it starts with "T" and ends with "heIronShiek". :D

1 person likes this.
  7. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haha...I was just going to answer that to my own question.

8. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    We are all friends here; no need to insult!

9. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1. I am not young. (For better or worse, since getting up in the morning after last night's soccer match is not ofttimes a painful proposition.)

2. My use of the word "supporter" in the contexts I employ it is standard in the soccer community (even the Southsiders use it in this context in their latest video, if memory serves me correct). If you don't like it, take it up with decades of soccer tradition. Do you use the words "pitch", "boots", "striker", "kit", "number 10", "touch line", "keeper", or "target man"? Those are all words with alternate definitions and synonyms that have specific soccer-context meanings too. You don't have to like them or use them, but it is hardly fair to blame me for the development of conventional English usage. As an ardent believer in the importance of communication I simply use words in their most easily understood context as often as possible. I gave you an explanation to be helpful; it isn't my fault if you can not/choose not to understand that. I did the best I could.

10. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    We are derailing this thread so I will just make one more reply.

You have disdain for people who do not support the club like you do; that is the crux of my point. You dont consider us season ticket holders of over 2 decades to have any importance to the survival or support of the club.

11. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Hey thanks for the information. Now if only the others that are constantly arguing with him would do the same we'd all be good.

12. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Whoa whoa whoa!

I have ZERO disdain for fans. I don't understand them, granted, (why sit and clap when you could sing and perform tifo?), but I do not disdain them in the least. My dad (died in 1999, R.I.P.) was a fan, my friend Sean is a fan, my friends from church are all fans; me, I am a supporter, but different groups of us go to games and have fun...in our own ways.

You are reading WAY too much into my simple use of two terms to desscribe two different types of attendees. Well, make that three types: Shiekh, you are officially one of a kind. I do not really mean that in a good way, but doubtless you will take it that way... ;)

P.S. I really am putting you on the ignore list. It's gonna be great if only because you never seem to actually say anything. You hint at saying things, and you parry people's comments with indirect accusations, but you never actually say anything. Which is too bad, because as a fan, I think it's great that you support the Caps, but your posts just seem too closely related to trolling for my liking.

13. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Putting me on ignore only validates some of my commentary.:)

14. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    God but you're delusional.:mad:

15. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And that is why I put him on ignore. He just says the same things over and over. He isn't a rude guy, just a slightly uninteresting one who has not yet once contributed anything positive to a discussion.

16. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    This comment coming from the man who thinks people who attend games for 30 years are not supporters of the club.

17. canuck51

canuck51 Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Vancouver
    So with Shieky now on everyone's ignore list we can now get back on topic...

4 of the masts are now up and when you see them in person, either up close or from afar, they're MASSIVE. The new roof is definitely going to drastically change the shape of the skyline (until of course they build condos and highrises all around the stadium).

They seem to be getting at least 2 up per week, so if they at least keep up that rate, all of the masts should be up by the end of the November at the latest.

18. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I am being ignored by:

-a man who doesnt attend games
    -a man who says people who buy tickets for over 20 years are not supporters
    -a man who uses the local hockey team name as his username
    -a man who supports and hates certain Scottish clubs based on religious affiliation

Back to the topic...

I am going to take a drive by the stadium and see it first hand; the masts will all be quite impressive and prominent on the skyline once done.

I may take a picture or two and share it with you buggers.:)

19. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    And now you're being ignored by someone who thinks you're a self important d-bag who just posts messages to try and show people how smart you think you are. Buh-bye!

Someone alert me when this doofus is banned permamently.

20. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

...and please, if you don't ignore Stella Artois...I mean Sheiks posts, do those of us that do a favour if at all possible and don't quote his remarks in your comments. That way we won't have to see them second hand.

Signed, the guy that doesn't attend Whitecaps games but still is way more informed and knowledgeable than Sheik regarding the Whitecaps, and the leagues they play and have played in! :D

21. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    You keep hijacking threads to make personal attacks on me and discredit my opinions.

I really dislike guys like you; who don't attend live sporting events but in their own ego think they are "experts". (vancouver is full of these types who talk like they are canucks experts) Every post you make, you talk like you are the ultimate authority and know everything. What you speak of is stats and figures that are easily found, with little real life analysis or athletic knowledge; there is no real life experience or analysis behind your knowledge. Hell, some guys here even think you are an expert. I think it says alot about the big soccer community that you are considered a revered supporter when you are nothing more than a guy who sits at home and pretends to know it all about sports. Making near minimum wage over 40 to the point you cant afford an 18 dollar ticket, and never going out... doesn't magically make you some expert on sports and athletics.

Thats the final word I have to say on this Krammerhead. Let's get back to talking about the topic of this thread instead of petty and immature behaviour about ignoring people and calling them names.

22. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'll assume you are talking about me here, and call you on it as wrong... I am a Rangers supporter yes, but not because of anything ill-willed towards Catholics, Irish etc...

Get your head out of your arse.:mad:

23. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    The Protestant/Rangers and Catholic/Celtic is some humor for you:)

24. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    There's no humor...it's appalling that that sort of behavior and thoughts still exist in our world today.

I highly doubt any of the Sectarian Bigots that spew that filth are actually weekly attenders to their places of worship/faith.

It's about history and tradition that is vile. It has no place in football let alone general society.

There's nothing funny about the troubles. There's nothing humorous about the violence, Bloody Sunday, the terrorist paramilitary organizations from both sides, it's all disgusting.

I support Rangers because it's the first team that I was pointed in the direction of by an uncle who is guilty of the above.

That all being said the SPL and Auld Firm are shocking at the moment... The quality of football is terrible, the economic state of the game is shocking, and it is largely why I watch a lot more of the German Game and other leagues worldwide than the SPL and EPL/BPL(The start of everything wrong with football because of the Sky TV Money)

There's also nothing right with you starting this crap. so shut it.

1 person likes this.
  25. Darth Vegas

Darth Vegas New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Columbia City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So... about this roof... how again is Catholic and Protestant strife between season ticket holders for 20 years effecting the construction again? I am confused.