BC/MH - Reading v. Wolves - Boxing Day - [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Triggerfish, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Why are you like this all the time?

Marcus Hahnemann is a great goalkeeper. He evidenced this by being a regular at Fulham the year that they won promotion and he has reinforced his credentials with stalwart service for a very good defensive team (at least this season).

He does not have to be Peter Cech to be a great goalkeeper for a promotion candidate. And as evidenced by plenty of film from the EPL, he does not have to play 100% mistake free in order to be a better keeper than plenty of starters at that level. Give the man credit for coming back after Fulham discarded him and helping Reading put together a similar promotion campaign.

2. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, if that's what I was trying to say, I would have posted Marcus Hahnemann is as good as Peter Cech.

Except I would have made sure to spell Petr's name correctly (which I screwed up the first time around).

As an ironic aside, I do remember a couple of years back that Marcus had a blinder against Chelsea in the Carling Cup and Roman Abramovich was so impressed he told Ranieri they should sign Hahnemann as their backup keeper.

But just to be crystal clear, neither myself, nor Roman Abramovich (to my knowledge) have ever alleged that Marcus Hahnemann was as good as Peter(sic) Cech.

3. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Not wanting to be a grouch but 2 starts is not being a regular.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=16825