Bayern NSR thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klask

Klask Member+

Jun 7, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    That's quite a lot of money considering Bayern are going to run them over :D (hopefully)

Speaking of tickets, I almost ordered a ticket for the Rostock - Bayern game since I was surprised they had few available tickets left. But I remembered I have to take the day off to get to Rostock and thats currently not possible. I should have looked into this possibility earlier.

2. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I just dedicated an hour of my life to reading this thread link. I got through about half of it.

It is a film that needs several viewings. I just hope I get the chance to see it in the theaters again!

I loved the women's comment about the movie that was on the TV in Moss's trailer, "Flying to Tangiers" (???title???). That is just pure genius and clever by those brothers Coen!

3. super_bayern

super_bayern Member

Oct 26, 2006
    bavaria, germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    okay i think i have to post my favorites as well :)

Hefe-Weizen (in no order):

- Hösl Weissbier-Resi (small brewery from my region)
    - Paulaner Naturtrüb
    - Weihenstephaner Hefe
    - Maisel's Weisse
    - Gutmann Hefeweizen Hell
    - Schneider Weisse (Dunkel)

Helles/Lager:

- Augustiner Edelstoff
    - Paulaner Oktoberfestbier
    - Zirndorfer Landbier
    - Klosterbrauerei Kemnath - Kloster Festbier (small brewery from my hometown)

since i don't really love Pils i leave it out of my ranking but Mönchshof Original for example is pretty decent.

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to watch it again myself, it's such a brilliant adaptation that you can, as you can with a great book, analyze it in so many different ways and always discover details that were previously overlooked.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I enjoyed that as well, Thanks FR.

6. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I truly think there needs to be a NCFOM support group... :p

"Hi, my name is Eissman and I am a NCFOM-fanboy"
    "Hi, Eissman"[group responds]
    "I first became addicted to NCFOM upon reading this link that Forever Red sent me"

LOL... you are my pusher, FR!

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our tour-guide in Munich (I know, I know) said the exact same thing. I regret not going to the bierstube there in Munich... I believe it was right behind the Frauenkirche, no? He actually described the DoppelBock bier to us and my mouth was watering.

Anywhere we can find this bier in the States???

8. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found a cool Beer Glass site for any interested when I was looking for pictures of the Celebrator bier I was talking about (apparently, Ayinger is the one I am familiar with).

LINK

My favorite glass at first glance...
    [​IMG]

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunately I don't think it is exported to the US. You can buy bottles in Munich area grocery stores, so the next time you are there stock up.

Edit: while this bier is truly delicious poured from a bottle, tasting the stuff at the monastery (which is aged in wooden casks) is an experience of a lifetime. Not to mention the panoramic vies of alpine pastures from the biergarten.

10. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks mate. Definitely on my "Things to Do" list once I make it back to Germany.
    Trying to convince my dad to do a "Family Lineage Trip" as it looks that the Eiss name originated in Germany. One must-see for me is a stop in at the Eiss Hotel near Stüttgart... perhaps there is an Eiss-discount? ;)

11. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this glass is way too small

[​IMG]

12. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you mean a official "DI and his glass are visiting the US" tour? :D

14. Scholl7

Scholl7 Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Best Bayern bier for me - Augustiner Brau Maximator. I've never been to Germany, but I was sampling a micro at a bar in Milwaukee a couple years back when I started talking to the rep, who it turns out was the Brewmaster (he said) for Summit out of St. Paul, MN.
    I asked him what the best beers he ever had were - he said there were too many, but that since I was wearing a Bayern jersey (the old black & blue Kahn) he told me about his favorite beer in Munich, Augustiner Brau. I asked if it was available in the US, he said he had never seen it and it was generally consumed locally he thought.
    Two weeks later I'm at a liquor store and I see the Augustiner Maximator and some kind of Helles? Edelhell? I buy a six-pack of each and, well, the Maximator is simply one of the best, if not the best beers I've ever had, I even got the soccer bar in town to carry it for few months, but now the supply seems to have dried up :( I have one six-pack left that I am trying to preserve until I get resupplied. Any suggestions to replace it? Paulaner Salvator seems to be the closest I can get.

15. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO! You have been Repped....

... I am not kidding, we need to bring ALL the forum collectibles to the next Bayern-in-the-USA match.

I want to drink from the grail, DI. That thing rules!

16. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great story Scholl7.... and welcome tot he boards, mate... I freakin LOVE the screen name!
    Do you still play in Milwaukee? I was doing a pub-league up there at Uhlein Park (sp?) on Fridays towards the end of the summer. Great time, open beer tent afterwards.

You have to love a state that takes it drinking so seriously!

17. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Oh God, please NOT another "Bayern playing ManU" style game like from a couple years ago. Utter waste of money. The only cool thing I got from that match is the picture I took of Kahn stopping Smith on the penalty kick. :D

18. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed! That game sucked, but had I know so many of you were there... hell, I would have reserved a backroom at some Deustcher Bierstube and we could have done a bus down from there. That or we could have assembled on the upper parking deck.

I better game I admit would have been fun.... but at least I got my free jersey!

19. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Any Munich/Bavarian beer with -ator at the end of its name will knock you on your ass.

20. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't know that I'm a collectible, but I do feel honored :cool:

21. Scholl7

Scholl7 Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't play, but out of the Bundesliga "core" with whom I watch most the games at our soccer bar here, two of the guys - known generally as Kaiserslautern fan and Stuttgart fan - play for the bar team called FC08 so if you're at Uihlein park and you run into/through/across the team follow them for a couple of biers. The bar also has a FC Kaiserslautern, Stuttgart city and Bayern friestaat flags hanging up and shots of Barenjaeger available! We have to head down to the Globe every once in a while to catch some of the Setanta Premium games. Thanks for the welcome!

22. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    should I make you all jealously here?....hm?

well..i have enough of this Cologne carnival and Kölsch...i´m going for few days to bavaria...
    to enjoy good food and beer....

Munich is simply the best place for this:)

i will think of all you here when drinking good bavarian beer:)

23. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wise decision, this carnival stuff is pure crap

24. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005