Bayern NSR thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EH... to be honest i was going to say i wanted to see the drumming of David Beckham, that ********** Lalas, the No-Show-Donovan, and the rest of the LA Galaxy... but that match at Toyota Park is in September so i would have to focking come home for that one. so i just substituted LA Galaxy with Toronto since it is conveniently the same weekend i plan on coming back in July.

Lalas' b!tch arse was on Fox Soccer Fone-In on the Fox Soccer Channel yesterday talking his way out of everything... focking pathetic loser... the best part was when they asked him so since everyone is pretty much on level terms with the salary cap in the league, how come the Houston Dynamo, New England Revolution, and DC United seem to have built powerhouses but yet the Galaxy couldn't even make it into the playoffs. don't you feel you and the LA Galaxy have failed??? he managed to TRY to talk his way out of that one!!! hahahaha

then they asked him why he feels the LA Galaxy can one day take on the Champions of Mexico, or South America, or even Europe one day considering they didn't even win the Championship the last few years... at least they could understand if the Houston Dynamo said it because they were Champions of the League, the Galaxy again still didn't make the playoffs

overall it was a rape fest of that douche bag Lalas... it was awesome :D

2. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok I see how it is you just dont understand that we are a superclub the size of Bayern Munich. Capable of competing in CL. The MLS bores us.

In all honesty tho Lalas is a dipshit. Loved him as a player GM he sucks

3. flinchbot

flinchbot Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Speaking.

Indianapolis is only 3.5 hours away. I'm making that drive the next two weekends...

4. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also speaking up :p I remember on facebook u invited me to Chicago a while ago, I might just come to watch TFC trounce the Fire, it'd be nice sitting in the Fire supporter's section with my personalized TFC jersey. If I get in trouble, I'll be like "Hey! this isn't where I parked my car", then knock a guy out and walk away, haha :D

5. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    honestly living here in the states i can't seem to get into MLS its just not the same as to what im used to also the Red Bull are the only nearby MLS team until Philly gets their team and well the Red Bull seem to always pull a Schalke and sputter out torwards the end. Also i don't like sitting in Giants Stadium for a Red Bull game it usually looks empty. The only other option is to watch some USL Development league team down in Atlantic City I think, not really a great option.i go or watch b/c it is Football afterall but thats about it.

6. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    of course its not the same, if you go to any Wisla matches... MLS is no where near it in fan support and talent, they are slowly gradually getting there with talent/skill but its still going to be a while... but in the USA it is all we really have, so we have to deal... or at least i have to deal until i go to grad school over seas :)

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eissman had a thought (don't hold you breath people!)...

I just looked at the Bayern remaining fixtures for 2008 season, and the Fire fixtures at home (Bridgeview) to see if any coordinate. There is ONE....

May 17th -- Bundesliga Season Finale -- Bayern v. Hertha Berlin 15:30 (Europe time)
    May 17th -- Chicago Fire v. Houston Dynamo @ Bridgeview 7:30pm CST

So, what would be sweet it to have a Bayern Reunion of Big Soccer posters at a bar/pub in Chicagoland area, then catch the train out to the game at Bridgeview that night. I may just be a massive Bayern celebration on that day, so could be a great time for all.

(perhaps this should be its own thread?)

8. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol i think you guys are getting there but there needs to relegation and a second division or why don't they just merge MLS and USL and then you would have the relegation battles. the overall 1st round pick in a draft should not go to the worst team they should be put into a crappier league not rewarded by staying up. What is this Baseball?! if you suck you get relegated. just ask Derby in England.

9. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are absolutely right... the relegation thing needs to develop.

I think the thought is the MLS is trying to go that route. Many MLS teams have developed their own Academy's, such as the Fire Academy. Illinois on top of that has been allocated 2 OTHER academy programs (Chicago Magic and Chicago Sockers). All these Academy's will be playing each other in a massive league. The hopes are to develop the youth of the nation into professional soccer players and ultimately forming a secondary 'relegation' league in the process. At least this is my understanding.

This will effectively mean the better players will jump to a professional academy and therefore take them out of the current club system. Teams from around the MLS may see a player from any other academy and wish to sign him, so visibility is high as well. I know the Fire academy director as he is from Rockford, and he has already signed 3-4 kids from this area alone.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the end, but I like the thought.

10. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Never happen. Most if not all USL teams would need A LOT more money just to even keep up.. Who cares about relegation? Nice, but not remotely important to the development of the game. Fewer play-off spots would be more beneficial.

Eissman, you are correct..better youth and 2nd team development. Once that is developed better THEN maybe relegation.

What MLS and soccer in general here in the States needs? Better coaches, top to bottom. The talent has been there forever....it just needs to be harnessed a bit better

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ding Ding

This is correct
    We have the talent but the coaches selecting players and training them is horrible. There are a lot of good players that wind up walking on to colleges bc they just dint get scouted but were good enough. Coaches still will pick a player who runs faster or is bigger stronger then a skilled player.

I would also just like to see the MLS go into a single table and change their season to match Europe's so when the WC comes along our players aren't in the middle of the season.

12. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yea the US needs better coaching, i think Bob Bradley is a step in the right direction for the NT but overall the development in the States cannot rely on one coach. The USF needs to start developing players from a young age as do the MLS clubs if this really does happen it hink the US will be in good shape football(soccer) wise

i disagree with you that relegation will never happen. I think it could happen, if things are developing as Eissman is saying then Relegation is a major possibility.

13. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i gave up on that snce the confrence thing means nothing now that the playoff spots go to the top teams overall.

Unfourtanetly American football is played around the same time and Americans won't pay attention to football(soccer) then so the US is forced to play soccer in the spring-summer-early fall

14. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    relegation will not happen in our lifetime, MLSE and other big companies paid big money to get franchises in the top league in North America, they aren't going to accept being dropped down a league based on their team's results.

15. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats the other thing get rid of the playoffs I know its an American thing but when almost everybody makes it and a hot bottom team can win it even tho the sucked the whole year (LA Galaxy in 2005)

16. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yea i never undrstood the playoffs unless the US was to follow the Dutch and play for thier CONCACAF Champions league spots or those other tournaments you guys have like Superliga and the spot in the Copa Libertadores(i think the US has 1 or two spots right?)

17. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

That's why I said.."top to bottom" :p

Also, it won't happen for a VERY LONG TIME, decades perhaps as some clubs would not be able to survive the drop in attendance. MLS will not let what they spent years building up to go belly up like that. And you can take that to the bank. Pure economics. And cities, who are being asked to build soccer specific stadia wouldn't go for it either.

18. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I don't mind play-offs, Just not for every but a few teams. Again, the reason for this..is economics. If teams were already out of the playoff picture say by September/early October...you would see a drop in attendance for the remaining moths that they do no want to lose.

19. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    im just worried this league is going to ge out of control and have something like 26/28 teams! thats way to many if football cotinues to grow in the US and cities do start wanting teams they should make another league like MLS 2 or something like that and just have them both competing for the supporters shield or something. it could work.

The only problem relgation faces in the US is the fact that alot of Americans will not understand the concept unless they already follow football. im sure if the NHL,NBA,and MLB had been relegating teams between thier lower leagues this concept would have been picked up.

20. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    That really hasn't happened and won't. Garber and MLS have been very aware that too many teams and not enough quality talent...is a bad thing. Also, this league will probably (I say with a 99% guarantee) never be run as a top to bottom league like the rest of the world. It will continue to have divisions, such as East Coast, Midwest, or West Coast, etc...

Nope...it's economics. Again, when cities pay a ton of money for stadiums and tax breaks, they will make sure that it can never happen. Now...would I like a relegation system? Sure, but it doesn't HAVE to happen. A lot of people like play-offs...even in Europe. I for one would like to see group phases removed from European competition and go back to the old way of a "play-off like two leg" system.

21. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garber has all ready said that they are going to slow down on new teams because they dont want to expand to fast.

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, but the league is still in start up phase, its trying to get out of it with more expansion but at the same time that taints the talent pool of the league... relegation is getting too far ahead of ourselves... it wouldn't happen for many years... plus if MLS were stupid enough to do relegation too soon and the league crashes and burns into the ground... then we have absolutely nothing to watch, which is slightly less than what we have now ;)

23. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huge difference in talent between the USL and MLS

24. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004