Bayern Munich Transfer Update thread part 2

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by MikeLastort2, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What source??? This is an "old" quote from a week ago or sooner. Interesting though...

... I think Ballack is using this all as leverage in his contract negotiations. (duh, eissman!) We will soon find out...

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

I read this on a forum....and I also read a couple of months back that Sir Alex is keen on getting Ballack so this could be true.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If he's available, a Ballack transfer to any major club in Europe could be true. Chelsea were "keen" on him too.......

4. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Well.. I think Ballack would never go to a club unless he is 100% sure he would get a starting place, with Chelsea there are no guarentees considering their amazing Mid-Field while Man United need some one like Ballack so I think moving to Man U is more likely.

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, I have to say I think that was one superb posting Eissman!!

Now, would it be any fun if I didn't respond?! LOL!! :D

I honestly think the only true negotiations that are going on are what's being said in the press. I think Ballack is truly trying to decide if it's time for him to move on or not. I don't think he's "playing" Bayern or trying to posture for extra cash.

I think Ballack truly wants to have a "world-wide" legacy like that Zidane has and Ronaldinho is on his way to building.

To do that, he's going to have to step away from Bayern sometime soon.

Not trying to be "nasty" guys, but Bayern is not the pinnacle of Ballack's career. He's eventually going to do greater things at a bigger club.....

I think if Ballack doesn't sign or indicate he'll sign by mid-season, Bayern will sell him. The problem with that is, by then, Ballack will already be able to legally sign a pre-contract with anyone he wishes and leave Bayern after the season for nothing.

This is why I wouldn't be completely shocked if Bayern pulled the trigger on a deal before this current transfer period is over.........

This is all up to Ballack.

Right on. I agree with your opinion. Deisler would move back to central midfield and Bayern would just keep rolling along. But I wouldn't put it past Bayern to have an "under the table" agreement with Podolski now even though they deny it........

Right on. Definitely agree here too.

Hey! We joke like that on my list about CMetz and Sebastian Kehl all the time! LOL!! :D

I've also been telling others to look out for Rau this coming season too. I don't think he's just going to hang his head and quit........

Just like I told DF, we were thinking alike there. Scary, isn't it?? ;)

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think there's any guarantee he'd even go to England. I think Juventus, both big Milan clubs, Real and maybe even still Barca (If they want to include Deco in the deal) would all be in line for a shot at Ballack.

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we have made a breakthrough! LOL!! ;)
    Good responses. It will be a very, very interesting season.
    And yes... Ballack will ultimately need to leave Bayern to ever be truly considered World-Class if for no other reason than to prove it to himself. We all just don't ever want to see that day (similar to the day Michael Jordan left the Bulls, sort of... sniff, sniff).

8. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    so incase ballack leaves (sooner or later), who do you think we might get to replace him.

i know it's hardly to find another player CM who is well ballanced in defense and attack like him, so maybe bayern need to change its tactics. maybe 4-3-3

9. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Bayern would probably never go to a 4-3-3. Beckenbauer dislikes it and I'm sure Felix is not fond of it as well.

You are never going to duplicate another Ballack, but all you would need is a solid CM/AM. The rest of the Bayern midfield is quality and would adjust.

10. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Van der vaart? I have always been a fan of him...

11. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well...he just went to Hamburg.....not going to get him this season if Ballack leaves....VdV also needs to re-prove himself. He is quality, but I would say he has played up to his expectations lately.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is why I think Bayern wouldn't necessarily "buy" a replacement. I think they would move Deisler over and just keep trucking.

However, if they wind up selling Ballack sooner rather than later, don't be surprised if they buy an unhappy Andres D'Alessandro from Wolfsburg.

Strunz would be "stupid" enough to sell him to Bayern too. D'Alessandro isn't going to stay in Wolfsburg long.....

13. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Yep. The "supporting cast" would be fine...w/ Deisler. I used to worry about Ballack leaving, but not anymore.

14. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    But can we really trust Diesler?

He's a great talent no doubt but he is inconcestant and he is injuiry prone.

15. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Deisler, Karimi, Scholl, even Ze Roberto could feasibly play that position.

I don't think Deisler had any major injuries last season. He played well at the end of the season and had been playing well for the NT. Why not?

16. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt Munich have the midfielders to fill in for Ballack, should he choose to leave for greener pastures, but who honestly can really truly "replace" him? None of them are the type of player Ballack is, so I agree that flexibility is the key... flexibility in players and coaches in finding the right formation and mixture of groups of players to recover from losing such a fierce midfield presence. That is the thing I like about Magath is he like that type of quality in a player... adaptability. We have plenty of that at FCB!

17. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Agreed, there aren't many players in the world who could replace Ballack, let alone many Bayern midfielders.

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    AMEN! Glad to hear Bavarians in here haven't lost their minds...lol. Ballack is amazing and I would do whatever to keep him in the Red + White of FCB.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ALERT, ALERT! DF is out of his mind from his meds.....I know Deisler is solid, but he NO Ballack.

20. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Never said he was. I think people have the impression that Ballack is the end all be all for this team....He aint.

Great..World Class...Quality...can change games.. Yep. But Bayern have never been a one trick pony.

You don't need to "Replace" him w/ an exact replica. (never will anyway) Someone solid would be fine. I also believe this last season was the first consistent quality year for Ballack. I remember a lot of people on this board and the Bayern head office were thinking of letting him go last season.

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Great post DF :D

There is only one Ballack, at Bayern we need him, but like just about everything else in the world he is replaceable. I do not want Bayern to get rid of him because of the increased play of Schweini and Deisler and the addition of Ismael Bayern is going to be even tougher to beat this term than last if that is possible. I personally just cant wait for Bayern to play games that count :)

22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What about trading Ballack to Arsenal for Viera, and sliding Karimi or Deisler into the AM position?

23. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We would atleast put Schweinsteiger or Deisler in the attacking midfield position before Karimi, we would probably put Ze and possibly Hargreaves ahead of him too for that spot. Karimi is proven to an extent, I having nothing wrong with him but in two games where Bayern scores a combined 25 times an attacking player will score more than just once against lesser opponents. :eek:

Ich werde zurückkehren :D

24. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Well Magath announced that he will play Karimi as AM, he really likes the player and I don’t blame him, considering he adds an element to the team that no other player in the Bundesliga, let alone Schweinsteiger, or Deisler can provide. I have watched all 3 players play extensively, and I would add that Schweinsteiger is definitely a future prospect, but as of now he lacks the discipline, and experience to be even close to ready to start for BM. Did you not watch him in the Confederation cup, did you see him foolishly, commit revolting fouls, which got him carded (luckily a yellow for him) and seriously injured the player making the entire Aussie team chase him down attempting to pound his face in. Later he went on to receive another foolish yellow and had to miss out on Germany’s most important game in the cup. Do you really think a player of this discipline this age and this experience should start in Bayern? I tend to believe that Magath knows what he is doing…

25. Locke13

Locke13 New Member

May 14, 2004
    Centerport, LI, NY
    Well, obviously you haven't been following Schweinsteiger that extensively if you base his qualities exclusively on his performance in the Confederations Cup.

First of all, I thought he played very well at the Confed Cup. I don't recall him ever being "foolish" or committing "revolting fouls". His second yellow was mis-timed, yes, but not flagrant or revolting. He much harder defensively than most players his age, and his fitness allows him to play hard for 90 minutes.

He has been starting for Bayern when they needed him to for the whole season, and he has fought for a starting spot with proven internationals like Ze Roberto, Hargreaves, Brazzo, etc. for over a year now. He's definitely worthy of a starting spot at Bayern. Even with Bayern's unbelievably deep midfield, Schweini has stood out. Magath sent him down to the amateurs at the beginning of last season, but once Schweini came back up to the regular team, his consistently good performances kept him in or near the starting line for the rest of the season.

Karimi is an exciting player, but he is not going to displace anyone in the starting lineup too quickly. Magath has said that he has plans for Karimi, not that he is going to play Karimi as the attacking midfielder. Ballack currently has a lock on that position, with Demichelis a lot as the defensive midfielder, and the outside midfielder spots have Ze Roberto, Deisler, Schweini, Brazzo, and Hargreaves competing for a spot. Karimi will have a job displacing Scholl as the creative force coming off the bench.

It's far too early to be making judgements about where Karimi is going to play, and how early he will start. If there is an injury or two, he may be thrust into the lineup early. If the team is playing well without him, it might take longer. However, Magath has said he has plans for him, and he seems to possess all the talent to become a great player for FCB in the future. He just needs to bide his time and realize that it's not going to happen all at once. Karimi fans should heed the same advice.