Bayern Munich Transfer Update thread part 2

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by MikeLastort2, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Is Podolski a midfielder or a striker?

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Striker. All signs point to Podolski being Germany's next "Great One".

3. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Well, even before the season ended, I was expecting bayern to make a move for a forward that could add up to Makaay and Pizarro since thare are no real substitutions in that spot.Santa Cruz and Guerrero are still young and dont really see them as solutions to the problem.

Podolsky has a bright future so far, and it is just a matter of time and years before Bayern can have him.

4. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    what do you think how bayern would act if some other teams like chelsea have interest in Poldoski ? Why not, they desperately need a new striker and though crespo returns, he may not fit in the english culture well.

MU got the overated Rooney for 30 mil and so far all he's contributed to the team is his notorious behaviors :p. Poldi is more talented than him, young and a good boy.

look at what chelsea fans think of him. http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8776&#112872

5. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    LOL Podolski more talented than Rooney? Even though i am not a big fan of Rooney, thats just a wrong statement, lol.

6. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    ...says the guy who just asked if Podolski was a midfielder. :)

7. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    you don't even know who podolski is, then how can you have that bold statement :p :p :D

8. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vielen Dank Arthur d.

Great post Arthur and BMguy.

The_special_one, how can you make that comparison of Rooney to Poldi? Poldi is a pure striker, PERIOD! His all around game is great, and for you to say that Rooney is better atleast know what you are talking about in the prodigy at KOLN!!!

9. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    LOl i watched Podolski play in the confederations cup, thats all i have seen of him, but whats that got to do with it. Your comparing the guy to arguably, if not definitely, the most talented young striker in the world.

I am not the one who drew the comparisons, someone else said Podolski is more talented than Rooney and Rooney didnt achieve much last season with Man U. Didnt achieve much? Go look up the stats and then come back to me. Okay, your not a believer in Stats, go download some of the videos of goals he scored last season. Okay, you dont care about quality of goals, go read some of the articles most respected footballers and football commentators have made about him.

Maybe Podolski is talented, i am sure he is, from what i saw in confed cup. But to say he is better than Rooney, is wrong. I know you guys are touting him as the next BIG thing to come out of Germany, and i am sure he will be, but no need to attack me for giving u an unbiased opinion.

And let me just reiterate i dont actually like Rooney, cause he is a foul mouthed Chav, as i have already stated in another thread. But unlike others, i take an unbiased look , before i make comparisons.

10. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    "Shrek" may be talented, but if I had a choice between him and Poldolski, I'd take Poldolski. Granted I've only seen Rooney in a few times.

11. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    Hah, thats cool, if you personally prefer Podolski over Rooney, thats fine, maybe because you support German Club or whatever. Nothing wrong with that.

12. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    To be fair Rooney is a great player but you clearly haven't got a clue about Podolski so I don't really see what you want here anyway? I don't go the United board asking if Rooney is a defender either do I.

13. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    I am sorry, would u like me to pi ss off? I am not arguing, not attacking, not trolling, and i have a genuine interest in German football, especially Bayern Munich. But because i have an opinion thats different from yours, you get all aggressive and rude and ask what i am doing here? Sad, very sad.

14. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Ok sorry I was a bit harsh.. sorry I had a bad day, just back from London where some terrorists blew up some things painfully close to my work... made me a bit edgy I guess.

still you have to understand that you sounded a bit silly. Anyway welcome here, and feel free to ask any more questions about Bayern players. :)

15. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets just drop the Rooney/Poldi argument please, no one needs to "piss off." :)

It is nice that you have an interest in Bayern The_special_one. If the only german football you know is Bayern than you really wont know Poldi unless you had caught the very few games of the Confed Cup. He is basically this up and coming star that could possibly be the best european footballer in a couple years if he lives up to his hype. He had been a star in the German 2 league getting his team 1. FC KOLN promoted and finishing first. He was easily the best player of German 2, but should shine as soon as Bayern get their hands on him.

16. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005
    Well guys talent is irrelevant anyway its what they do, and Podolski played very well last season indeed.

"Whos more talented/better" posts are sooooooooo stupid because arguments turn ugly all the time.

Anyway, looking at Koeln's strikers it appears they are getting ready for the worst to happen.

Koeln has about 8 strikers.

17. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Is this the Bayern transfer thread? :rolleyes:

18. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So any new news on
    --Ballack?
    --Poldolski coming to Bayern?
    --Possible new defender?
    --Any other player(s) coming into/out of Bayern?

Just wondering, plus trying to get back into transfer talk :)

19. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    You can't judge one's talent in only 1 game,especially the last game when bayern already won the trophy. but anyway, having only 3 CBs, 1 play in dm, is a real risk for bayern.

Suppose 2 of them are injured, how can we play now, switch to 3-5-2 :confused:

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow, I don't believe them.

A good 80% of the time they claim these deals aren't done, they are signed, sealed and delivered.......

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bayern Deny Podolski Deal

Bayern Munich are yet to seal a deal for German starlet Lukas Podolski.

Reports in Germany stated that Bayern had held secret talks with Podolski and they had agreed to sign him next year.

Bayern have never hidden their desire to land Podoloski and it is no surprise that one of the best young talents in German football is wanted by the champions.

However, Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness has denied that deal is in place for Podolski.

"We want Podolski," said Hoeness.

"And in the medium-term Cologne do not have a chance of holding on to him.

"But nothing is clear and we have never spoken with Podolski."

Podolski himself has also denied he had agreed to move to Bayern.

"I am peaceful, the fans have no concerns with me. I have a contract until 2007," he said.

21. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i think almost every team would have a serious problem if their top two cbs were injured... lets not be greedy now, guys...

the likelihood of that happening is rather low, and we have demi as an able replacement with hargreaves able to take his spot in DM... or even jeremies...

22. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Ball Keane on United

Michael Ballack has sent a signal to Sir Alex Ferguson that he is ready to play in the Premiership. The Germany captain is ready to leave Bayern Munich, where he has just one year left on his contract. And that will be music to the ears of Manchester United boss Ferguson, who is a big admirer of the world-class midfielder. Ballack, talking about the prospect of moving away from the Bundesliga, said: "There are hardly any German players who are abroad who have advised me against taking such a big step. It is good for a person's development and it would also be very interesting for me. I have always made the right decisions in my career so far. I am at a top European club and I still have the chance to move abroad. I am really relaxed about it."

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YES!! Someone who realizes how "blessed" Bayern actually are!!! ;) :D

24. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ballack --

Last word was still in undecided due to contract negotiations, which we can only assume have started, but ultimately it is his decision. I have read two different views come from Ballack's mouth... (a) he knows he is prime for a move due to his current form, and (b) he has unfinished business with Munich and looks forward to the Allianz. Who knows... it is all a little too quaint if you ask me... seems to be dodging about the whole thing with some well-chosen political jargon to please all sides. I personally think he will stay, but Munich cannot afford to let him leave on a free transfer, so they MUST sign him until 2007 if at all possible, then he can transfer out after 2006.

Poldolski -

Coming to Bayern some year - that we know so far - but whether it be 2005-2006-2007 NO ONE knows for sure. Logic says he replaces Roy Makaay in 2007 as he will have two more years experience and is 10 years younger than Roy. Latest rumor today has him arriving next season. In light of all the speculation and the uncertainty with Ballack, I would NOT put it passed Munich to collect a large transfer fee for Ballack and sign Poldolski... this is a personal opinion... not rumor. I think 2007 is the wise bet.

New Defender -

I think Magath has something up his sleeve here... not sure yet what it is, but with the surge of players from the younger side that went deep into the German Cup last season, I think we have potentially seen what Felix intends to do. I think either Ottl, Steinhoffer, or Mauersberger will come on board and start seeing some time. I personally would love nothing more than for another homegrown talent such as Schweinsteiger/Lahm/etc. to come through the ranks. We shall see at the end of the month... to be continued.

Other players "coming out" -

Not sure as to the sexual orientation of the core of players at Bayern, but if one chooses to come out, then fair enough... as long as he can stick a ball in the net or clear anything that gets through midfield, I don't care what his affiliation is. ;) All kidding aside, I think the above mentioned players are prospects to watch, as well as Rau, who is back at it trying to make a name on the premier side once again (wasn't he loaned out?).

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This looks like someone took a Ballack article posted recently and just added some English/Man U. speculation.

I think Ballack would be great for Man U., but also don't think this thing means much........