Bayern join Petrov chase

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by GN'R, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GN'R

GN'R New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Bayern join Petrov chase
    by Vlatko Siljanovsky - Last Updated 6 Dec 2004

Bayern Munich are the latest team to express an interest in Wolfsburg's star man Martin Petrov.

The in-form winger has become a target of Spanish sides Deportivo La Coruna and Atletico Madrid, but Bayern could bid to keep the player in Germany.

The 25 year old Bulgarian is being head hunted by Bayern as a possible replacement for Ze Roberto, who is yet to sign a new contract for the Bavarian giants.

Petrov has been one of the stars for high-flying Wolfsburg this season, not only providing valuable service for the club's strikers but also adding seven goals from out wide.

The Bulgaria international could leave in January for a projected price of around €12 million, but The Wolves will be hopeful that a bidding war will arise.

Atletico, who also have the option of bidding for Birmingham's Jesper Gronkjaer, and Depor are both keen to snap up the talented midfielder - but the prospect of remaining in Bundesliga is likely to appeal to the former Servette star.

Source: http://skysports.planetfootball.com...22&CLID=&lid=9&title=Bayern+join+Petrov+chase

2. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    I don't think he's good enough for Bayern, way too inconstant.

3. GN'R

GN'R New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    How is he anyway? is he very good or just an average player?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I wrote a little something about him in another thread.

I think he is very good, he has scored some amazing goals this season.
    Petrov on the left and an inform Salihamidzic on the right would make the wings very aggressive. I like it.

5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this rumored for January transfer window or the summer market?