Bay Area Derby Girls come to San Jose

Discussion in 'San Jose OT' started by ggayle, Sep 5, 2007.

1. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have some friends who skate on a couple of teams, and although I'll miss this Saturday's bout because of a concert (GO OAKLAND!). I'll definitely be around for other bouts later in the season.
    It really is a good time.

Link to buy tickets to the San Francisco ShEvil Dead vs the Oakland Outlaws this Saturday night at 8:30pm at the San Jose Civic Auditorium. 18+ only please. ;)

Check out the B.A.D. Girls.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be a San José team in the circuit sometime soon? :D

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

3. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was just in Sac when a group approached me and handed me a flier for their upcoming roller derby match with an LA squad. I wonder why these two outfits remain separate.

4. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure it has to do with money. There's not a whole lot there to begin with, much less for travel. The Bay Area group almost lost their league when they got forced out of the Oakland Ice Arena because of fire code problems (too many people in too small a place). They were lucky to have found this place.

If the rest of the season is a success at the Civic Auditorium, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a San Jose team created for the league next year. Last year they had the Treasure Island Gold Diggers and the Alcatraz Escapees along with SF and Oakland, so Richmond suddenly becoming San José isn't out of the realm of possiblity.