Battle of the expansion teams: Which will have a better record?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by pc4th, Jul 11, 2005.

1. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas USA or RSL?

I am going to take a wild guess and say Chivas USA. Heck, I still believe Chivas might make the playoff.

Edit: opps was in a hurry to make the poll. Just vote one time only as it should be.

2. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    The only team chivas have beat so far is RSL, the other expansion team. But RSL beat the rapids,the galaxy,and the goats. so i think they will have a better record than the goats, but i dont think either expansion team will make the playoffs.

:D 150 posts :D

3. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I think Clint Mathis will finally find a duo person up front with him and they'll start to win a few more games. As for Chivas? I don't know what to say about them...

4. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Besides Garcia and Palencia I think the other guys Chivas is bringing in are the equivalents of Loera.

5. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    The last 2 or 3 games Chivas are playing a much better futbol than the RSL and couple of other teams also, I think they not only at the end will be just better than RSL but they will make the play off too and give a very big surprise scaring the crap of another teams

6. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    RSL....Chivas is playing better, but now teams will be noticing that and be more "up" to play them....neither team will make the playoffs though.

7. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca
    Chivas is garbage, they slapped american soccer in the face when the dropped a very influential US Soccer face in Thomas Rongen after something like 10 games(Which Eric Wynalda predicted) with a bunch of junk players. Then cut a few players to try and show they are trying to improve, Chivas is nothing but a minor league team with major league problems and not enough smarts or quality players to win in the MLS...good luck going to the playoffs

8. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    ...that's true if you base it on a 1 game trend.

9. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    which part are you referring to? That Chivas is playing better or that neither will make the playoffs or that Chivas will finish behind RSL?

Assuming it's the Chivas thing, I actually think they've been playing better the past few games, just not getting the results. Of course, they had a lot of room to improve on, given how they started.....

Actually, over the past 10 games both RSL and Chivas have statistically been almost equal.

Since the matchup between RSL and Chivas on May 18, both teams have identical records: 1 W, 7 L, 2 T. RSL has allowed 24 goals, scored 8. Chivas has allowed 24 goals, scored 13 (5 of those in the RSL/Chivas game this weekend). So you could argue that the two teams have been playing pretty much the same the past 10 games, based on stats.

It just seems to me that Chivas is getting slightly better while RSL is getting slightly worse...

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas might end up better than RSL, although I doubt it.
    RSL will, however, end the season with twice the attendance of Chivas USA.
    Thanks!
    :D

11. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    RSL is actually pretty competitive at home its just on the road they play like a jayvee high school team. Chivas will get better once the new players come in and they seem to be playing better lately. I'll give the nod to Chivas just because of the players they are bringing in.

12. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca

I'm just being a realist

13. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You're defending Wrongen?!

Yeah, they really slapped American soccer in the face. :rolleyes:

14. ryankozlowski

ryankozlowski Red Card

Apr 30, 2005
    Conneaut Lake, PA
    chivas just signed a talented mexican national on loan.. real salt lake has no opportunity to do such things. and since chivas beat them down both times. i think chivas might still have a chance to catch colorado.. the west is pretty weak.

15. SiempreFutbol

SiempreFutbol New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Granite Falls
    I think Real Salt Lake will have a slightly better record than Chivas, but I doubt they'll make the playoffs.

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually RSL is signing 2 new players this week. One midfielder previously playing in England and one defender from Guatemala.
    And yes Chivas USA did spank RSL last week, but so far the series is only 2-1 in Chivas USA's favor. RSL beat Chivas USA 2-0 in May.

17. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ok... take the same analysis PRIOR to the last game - can you still make the last comment? Chivas was coming off a loss and RSL was coming off a Tie - so NOW you have said, "RSL is getting slightly better, while Chivas is getting slightly worse..."

... that's what I mean about "based on a 1 game trend."