Battle of Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'Rayo OKC' started by msilverstein47, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thus Sunday night at Casady is OKC FC v. Tulsa Athletics. Would be great to have the Red Dirt Brigade out in force for it

2. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They still have good turn outs. Their record doesn't seem to be effecting that. So they have that going for them. At least for now.

3. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    To be fair, Yukon FC is an amateur team playing other amateur teams. Who couldn't even beat Tulsa. And five of the Energy's seven losses have come from OCSC, Richmond, and LA2, the top three teams in the league. We are also sitting with several games in hand and a long home stretch coming up.

But carry on. I'm just curious, what does "takin a comb" mean?

4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, The Rave Green Energy Machine is half a step above amateur.

Technically, I believe that was a Blown Tire on us

So much for stealing points

Too bad I won't see any of their games.

Credit to @THOMA GOL

5. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Losing by 4 goals.

6. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    Following that logic, the NASL, you know, that thing that's going to save soccer in OKC...I mean Yukon...is barely above amateur as well.

A loss is a loss.

Inaugural season, and you expect miracles.

It is too bad. Could you put aside your bias, I'm sure you'd enjoy yourself. If you ever decide to do that, and attend a game of the team that actually calls OKC home, let me know, first beer at the Speakeasy is on me.

Thanks for the clarification.

7. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    Appreciate it.

8. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's us? I didn't think you had picked a side. Do you not hate all parties involved?

9. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't recall their FO mentioning anything about "saving OKC soccer". I'm pretty sure that's been the EnergyFan's that have been barking that on Twitters and everywhere else, since you know, they're practically in MLS already.

A tire is worse than just a loss, but a comb is the worstestessss

I'm seeing pretty much what I expected

Prejudice saves time. :D

I'll take you up on that, perhaps over a US WC game

@USRufnex is the one that hates everyone and everything. I'm the one that lost all interest at the "Energy" name and follow up ownership shenanigans. I was willing to give Prodigal, even with the shitbrand name, the benefit of the doubt up until the lease fiasco and the cockblock on the OCU field.

10. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    Apples and oranges. You can't compare the FO to the fans. Because if we were to do that, then yes, the FANS of Yukon FC have been saying just that. Well, at least the ones who can tell the difference between them and the Energy.

Lol

Yet you feel the need to disparage the team.

I wonder how those Spanish speaking fans you were so worried about before would think of that :D

I'll be at Skinny Slims for those. I'll be the one lamenting the lack of good beer choices.

That was a pretty...umm..dastardly move, but one that should have been expected. You can't honestly expect the teams to do anything that will benefit the other, do you? If the situations were reversed, Yukon FC would have done the same thing. And there would be those on here praising it as a brilliant business move.

11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fans are just the worst sort of people. Idiots mostly. Listening to sports radio is actually more dangerous than feeding your kid lead paint chips

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I dunno, I don't speak spanish, at least not enough to not get my face slapped, but then again, I'm not the typical Okie that comes unhinged if they hear an announcement in Spanish at a sporting event and stand up and yell "Speak Murican"

Benefit, no. It's the hinder, hamper & undercut that I have ethical and moral dilemmas with. If I'm expected to have professional courtesy (unless they have done something illegal or unethical) to colleagues that I know I'm better than, I expect the same out of other professions. Doing shit like that in my business will get you hauled in on an ethics complaint and a good shot at having your license suspended on top of the slander suit

And they would be dicks for doing it and the posters would be dicks for defending it

12. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    I tried to listen to sports radio a couple of times. Drove me nuts. Thought it would be better in Oklahoma, found out it was no better. Luckily we have not one but TWO NPR stations, which in itself was surprising. It means I can avoid Diane Rehm no matter what time she comes on.

So they say.

Maybe I run with the wrong crowds, but I don't see much of that here. Though the mention of Obama is a whole different matter.

They aren't colleagues, they are in direct competition for limited amount of dollars.

This isn't, as far as I know, the business that you are in. In the business I'm in, the punishment would be severe as well, but again, I'm not in that world.

No arguments there.

13. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Kenn had it coming. He thinks he's soccer's version of that guy on "Bar Rescue."
    I throw up in my mouth a little anytime I hear someone use the word, "mixologist."
    And I've had Andy on ignore for months and haven't missed his predictable commentary one single bit.
    You know, when you point fingers at Bob Funk Jr, Tim McLaughlin and Brian Harvey, it still leaves a couple of fingers pointing right back at you...

BTW, I'm an equal opportunity hater... because, when you're a Tulsa Athletics fan, you're like family... but when you're an nRg fan, it's like being at Olive Garden... gotta give em props for the endless salad and breadsticks, though... (you see what I did there?).

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *snicker* What do you think you did?

I'm not familiar with the show, doesn't sound like my kind of programming.

Andy who?

If that's directed at me, that's just fine. Harvey has been living on his accent and sketchy pro career for way too long in this area. We've all moved on from that level of "expertise". If McLaughlin had jammed anyone other than someone you don't particularly care for, you'd be singing a different tune. And as for Junior, well, in my experience, the prodigal that comes home is rarely prepared to take over the family business and they get sent out to some remote department with enough money to see if they can pull their head out of their ass and turn it around. If they don't, well, no big loss, other than to the Energy fans, like the Blazers fans before them, the core company doesn't suffer. Kinda makes sense that he didn't put him in charge of the Express cattle and equine operations. ********ing those up damages a valuable asset. The sports arm? Meh, losses are deductible.
    She's just awful

Yeah, I like trolling my family on facebook, telling them that Obama makes white women dress up in "Constitution" costumes and then ********s them.

As am I. I just have no need to sabotage my competition, nor do I feel the need to be in the business of picking winners and losers that my work is awarded to for any other reason than their past performance and current capabilities.

And overall, that's a real problem in our society

15. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #1640 USRufnex, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    I think they're a couple of curmudgeons who should have their fan cards revoked... they just don't like fans anymore.
    Stupid fans... why can't they act exactly the way we want them to act... o_O

If Brad weren't such a LIAR, you might have a point... but he emailed me last fall telling me that the NASL "will not play at high school stadiums" and that he was going to "bring back the Roughnecks" with a "spectacular 10k-seat stadium" --- cough cough... so wait... exactly WHERE is OKC FC playing, again?

And I'm sorry..... McLaughlin "knew his role?"
    Really? I think Brad Lund & Company will LITERALLY SAY ANYTHING for money.
    From my perspective, it sounds like McLaughlin's "role" was to do to Funk Jr exactly what he ended up doing months later to Lund... IOW, if "McLaughlin had jammed" Funk Jr rather than Brad Lund... "you'd be singing a different tune."

If I were living in OKC, the last people I'd be supporting is the newly duped ownership group who mistakenly think the permanent artificial turf at Yukon is going to be better for the future of OKC soccer than what Prodigal is doing at Pribil/Taft... and if you haven't noticed, I've never been that big of a fan of Taft Stadium in terms of location and venue....

In the meantime, I'm having a blast at our stadium... which is not a high school stadium... a stadium in which we are first tenant... but thanks to the pi$$ing match going on in Okie City... our days may be numbered.
    And yes... I blame Brad Lund and the sports bureaucrats at SOS... if it weren't for the egotistical pissing match, I seriously doubt the Drillers would have bought into USL Pro... and I'm certainly not naive enough to believe that if it were Brad Lund and SOS who were granted a USL Pro team by Tim Holt and Funk Jr had decided on NASL, it still would have been every bit as big of a cluster**** as it is with the shoe on the other foot...

[​IMG]

16. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp, I attended the first half of this evening game with my daughter and unfortunately left at half to take care of some work before Monday and missed all the fireworks.

OKC went down 1-0 in the first following some shambolic OKC defending and even worse asluT finishing. OKC's left back didn't left back really didn't cover the Tulsa winger all the much, but the guy couldn't cross to save his life and his 1 good shot was turned away on an acrobatic save from OKC.

Apparently at half, the OKC coach's pep talk worked because OKC handed asluT a 3 foot broom stick and made them feed it up their own poop chute for 4 unanswered goals before Tulsa drew one back and then OKC hung another on them, one short of a blowout comb, for a 5-2 home win.

I went just to see if @USRufnex was going to make the trip but I didn't see him, just a couple of asluT clowns that tried to "Tulsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" during every Athletics trip into the OKC half.

There were a couple of d-bags in Energy gear, which sort of made them stand out like the d-bags they were. Like wearing your Galaxy kit to a Seattle/Portland game.

Crossposted to "Battle of OKC"

ManuSooner repped this.
  17. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cinco a Cero!

18. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    wouldn't that be cinco a dos?

19. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct. Got a little excited there. Cinco a Dos! Lol

20. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    I once wore my DCU kit (that red third kit!) to a Galaxy/Vancover game when we were in Cali. Had to get the stink of the Beckham jersey wifey was wearing away from me.

And good for Yukon FC. Always glad to see Tulsa lose! Especially in such spectacular fashion! well done!

21. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #1646 USRufnex, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Almost forgot I needed to reply to this after hearing Sonny utter the words: "Peter Wilt is God."

Couldn't make it to the game... only followed it on twitter for both the A's and OKC FC's feeds... unsurprisingly, OKC didn't post diddley squat... go figure.

You'd think they wouldn't need a pep talk after losing to a team wearing shiny pink jerseys the previous night... wondering how OKC's coach removed that 3 foot broom stick from Brad Lund's ass-- that win actually gives you guys a shot at an open cup game next year... and now that the 3 foot broom stick has been removed from Mr. Lund's patootie, maybe he can finally admit that he has a team... in the NPSL... competing this year...

Wanted to go... but being Father's Day... and a home game the night before... and the big USA game the day after... at Fassler Hall...
    [​IMG]

we couldn't seem to find anybody from the Ultras who'd make the trip to Casady HS to watch... too bad, since we managed a dozen or so to roadtrip to Joplin on a Tuesday night... oh, and if the weather gurus got it wrong in Okie City, I could totally see Brad Lund cancel/reschedule Sunday's game due to five minutes of dangerous drizzle...

I guess d-bag is in the eye of the beholder... after all, I will be wearing Athletics' gear to ONEOK Field for USA - Portugal on the big screen...

Ditto.

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure who won the battle of the baggy shirts/kits. Wow. It looked like a fun game.