Battle for the Bottom: Galaxy vs. Real Fake Lake ALL IN ONE THREAD

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Topper, Aug 30, 2007.

1. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    Re: Battle for the Bottom: Galaxy vs. Real Fake Lake PRE-GAME THREAD

Is the box fashioned in the shape and of the same material as a Tide box? Does it have the same white handle?

2. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach

I thought the style of play that Beckham has of passing right back was just a different level of quickness. One touch and keep it moving. Pass to the others and keep possession.

The way he plays stands out in contrast to the way poor Landon has had to play with guys like Pavon. Landon is quicker than the rest, and it becomes glaringly obvious when he's with a snail like Pavon. He has to hold the ball longer and try to dribble around and through in the hopes Pavon will get there or get open.

Beckham is used to not having to do what Donovan does because he played with guys that instinctively either know where to be OR guys that dont struggle trying to get where they need to be.

Doesnt Beckham's quick and accurate passes actually help to keep possession?

Donovan looks AWESOME with the National Team because they play at his level. He looks mediocre with the Galaxy because they cannot handle his speed and accuracy. Donovan looks better when he has Albright behind him. Donovan also looks better when he plays with Jazic behind him. That tells me that it is about the others ability to keep up. Both Albright and Jazic are very very very good at going the distance of the field from their defensive position to the offensive with Donovan. The guys in there now are not at the same level as Albright and Jazic and so people mistakenly think Donovan is having a bad day, when it's just the people he is playing with in the moment. I have said this before, it is like Kobe Bryant with the Lakers. Kobe Bryant is the best in the entire world (in my opinion) but he can only do so much without the other 5 keeping up!

You all must admit that all the guys on the national team (including Tim Howard) are MUCH faster with their touches than Galaxy.

Nothing against Cannon because he is great and I love to watch him. But, Cannon takes a really really long time to take kicks and make even the hand thrown passes. I am sure he knows what he is doing...he is not doing this because he is slow or indecisive... he is doing it because the level of play around him is slow....he has to give guys like Pavon a "break" and time to catch their breath.

Beckham will soon adjust and "settle" in and slow down his game too. (unfortunately) I had hoped they would rise to his level but that does not seem to be the case.

Any team is only as good or as fast as the weakest link.

3. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

im going to got nutz here and say galaxy win 3-1 martino nets 2 with landon assist, landon gets 1 in first half. :rolleyes:

4. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach

You got one thing wrong. Pavon's position. His position is bench warmer.

Then, you move Klein to forward (have you not seen him?...he's a forward not a defender!)

As far as right back, hmm? I think Jazic will be back and he is left and Roberts in right and X and Randolph in middle.

Roberts-----X-----Randolph-----Jazic
    -----------Harmse--------------
    Cobi------------------Martino
    ---------Donovan-----------
    Klein---------------Glinton

Anyway, doesnt Harmse have to sit out these next games because of the red card??????

If so, then Vagenas is in center.

5. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The HDNet games are usually exclusive games for the network - though I think at times some might have shown up on the Direct Kick package.

It doesn't have anything to do with Beckham or mania or worthiness or trade winds in Karjakhistan.

6. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007

Hell-oooooooo. The OTHER football! Then when hockey starts...forget it! :p

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ

Those illustrations look like they were done by the same artist who did this:

[​IMG]

It looks like something that belongs on a milk carton - "Have you seen me? LA's team, missing since 2003"

8. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Hey Becks? no

Sprang to life? Sprang to life??? Come on TJ... it wasnt sprang to life, it was "i'm an MLS player and cant control the ball so I one time it elsewhere becuase im a scared little chicken". Our guys NEVER and i repeat NEVER control the ball or the flow of the game. With Becks in there, things settle down and plays develop. Right now its practically like watching a basketball game things happen so quick... not from skill, but from scared play.

Just like he knew what he had to do on the PK, right? It became his "team" again when Becks got injured, yet he didnt finish in regulation time, in extra time, in overtime or on PKs.

9. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles

Hmmm... I think it far more likely that we'd see the same back 4 again. And if Yallop does go with the 4 guys you have, I think he'd probably put Jazic in the middle, as he's done in the past.

I also wonder whether Donovan will start, although he didn't seem to be limping at all, he looked extremely out of gas in OT.

10. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land

SOOO, no television on this one (other than HDNET) ??

Don't they know we are Beckham's team!?!?!

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Sandy

i can't believe it but RSL fans are for the most part actually optimistic for once. That should give you guys hope that you can still salvage your season by starting w/ a win tomorrow night, cuz anytime RSL does something well and gets their fans hopes up, they immediately bounce back and tear our hearts out of our a$$e$. :(

12. ChrisWhyte

ChrisWhyte Member

Jan 11, 2007

Klein's best position is in the midfield (center or right). But, he's stuck at right back until Albright gets healthy. Galaxy have NO other right back options. Roberts is no good there.

13. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach

Can Randolph play over on the right?

Hey, what about Cobi. I think I did see him as right defender in the last game for a minute or two and he is good ANYWHERE.

Anyway, it's been a while since a trade. If the past is indicitive of the future, maybe there will be all new players by the kick off of the game.

14. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach

Is Harmse still out on his red card?

15. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No. He only got a 1-game suspension and he's served it already. The Chivas guy got a 3-game suspension.

16. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Me, too! Will someone go early & get one for me? I will pay money. 1st 5000 is like what time - 5:30?? 6:00?? Anybody know? I'll be lucky to get there by 7:15.

17. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh I am SOOO excited about this match.....

not.

Lets just play out the string and start on next year's club rebuilding right now.

18. goldenbayearthquakes

Aug 12, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm not excited about the lunchboxes.... what's the next promotion...t-shirt #3???

OK, when do they give away the soccer balls?

19. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wanna get to the game early tommorow. had a bad experience last week with traffic and nearly missed kick off. i want to see warm ups and my little bro wants to be able to get the lunch box. does anyone know what time the gates open up for a 730 game?

20. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, at least if we lose this one we'll get the #1 pick in the draft.

Oh yeah, the smurfs...shit.

21. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Gates should open around 6.

I'm more excited for the lunch box than I am for the game.

22. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles

120 minutes of running last wednesday--i think we might end up going with a team similar to vs. Colorado last week. Some of the guys who went the full stretch would be getting a break I imagine.

23. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Any word if Sesay will be in the game tonite? We are paying the kid $50k now... might as well put him to work. Hes a forward so maybe he can do the job Pavon and Buddle have yet to do for us.... could Sesay be the next Altidore??

24. coolbake

coolbake New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    California

Agree!! You should read my post I just made on the topic "Players that need to stay and go"

25. coolbake

coolbake New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    California

Actually, I should say I agree with starting Gavin, but I am not 100% sure on the rest, but it is a coin toss right now anyways.