Battery v. Pittsburgh Riverhounds 4-24 (r)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season opener on Saturday night. Kick off at 7:30pm. Fireworks following the match.

Currently weather looks like it will be a repeat of what we have been having for the last two weeks. Awesome.

The Regiment will be hosting a tailgate before the match. Start of that will be about 5:00-5:30. We will have the grill, bring something to throw on it, bring a few beers and help us start the season off right!

Riverhounds are coached by former Battery player, Justin Evans. Jason Kutney and Louie Rolko both play for the hounds as well.

The 'hounds drew 0-0 against Maryland.

im hoping the Battery worked on their defense on set plays this past week. Seems to have been our biggest weekness throughout preseason.

We now know we have neagle back in camp. he looked dangerous when he came on against Charlotte.

We also know Melia is on loan in the nets for us. I expect him to play for the next couple matches.

Wilson was reported as being held out of the match becuase of the surface (very hard, old plastic turf in chalrotte)

Nunes traveled with the team to Charlotte but wasnt dressed. He said he was training and hoping to be ready to go this weekend.

Gruenewald looks to still be out for another week or two.

Briggs was not at the game last week but not sure if he was in training or not.

I dont have confirmation if the game will be broadcast via audio online or not but will up date the thread with news.

here is my take as to who I think will be the starting 11

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Heinemann,Nunes, Maisse, Mayard, Gueye, Armstong, Woodbine, Wilson, Falvey, Zaher, Melia[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

2. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there will be a big crowd from the Battery's over 35 & 45 leagues for the end of the season party.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live video for the Home matches on USLlive.com?

Looks like the Battery might have a feed, according to a Riverhounds press release
    http://usl2.uslsoccer.com/home/421442.html

Hope it is archived like last season so I can watch the match later.

4. Campo de Estrellas

Campo de Estrellas New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    New York
    Looking forward to attending our first Battery game this weekend! A couple of rookie questions if you'll humor me: how's parking at the 'baud, pretty reasonable? Also, is there a particular section we should be looking for seats in so we're in with the rowdies? Any other helpful info appreciated. Thanks!

5. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    parking costs 5 dollars? there is plenty of space, plus the practice field handle overflow. The rowdy kids sit in the E-10 section and their is a Regiment tailgate party before the game, but mikey will probably fill you in with all of the details, once he comes home from the pool.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good luck is Pitt a PDL team?

7. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, we're a USL-2 team, just like the Battery. Great to hear there will be a webcast!

8. jmeister

jmeister New Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am I reading it wrong or did ticket prices go up? I called around feb/march about season tickets. They were for $150/individual for the west stands. I asked the sales woman why it was $150 for 10 home games when the standard price was $15 per game. She informed me that that included the Carolina cup and one US open game. Anyways, I just looked about prices for saturdays game and it has $18.00 for westclub. WTF!!! We drop down a division, no deal on season tickets, and the price goes up 20% from last year??????? This will probably eliminate casual fans who are looking for something to do. The best seats for the riverdogs are $14 and the cheapest are $5. They also have a home game on saturday. Where are casual sports fans going to take their families on saturday???

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ticket prices are the same as last year. I know the recent emails say that you can get pro-rated season tickets for $115 now that the CCC is over.

You can the cheap tickets are $10.

the other option is buy a flex pass. 15 tickets to use when ever you want.

I know season ticket prices were a big deal this season and I imagine it will be looked hard at next season. Riverdogs have some great prices but I know the stingrays are a bit higher priced than Battery (not to mention the price of concessions at the coliseum!)

With all that happened in the off season, I think they already committed to what was set up.

And after traveling to Charlotte last weekend, where the entry was $10, to watch the match in a high school stadium with a track around it, football liines and a crappy plastic pitch that you could see the rubber bounding up from every bounce of the ball, I feel okay with what the battery is charging.

Here is the Battery prematch
    http://www.charlestonbattery.com/matches_previews.asp?cid=446

I got an email from Andrew Bell confirming that match will be on USLlive www.usllive.com I know registration is required and not sure if last years registration still works, so check it out before kick off on Saturday
    Mikey

10. jmeister

jmeister New Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for clearing that up. But I swore that the highest prices were at $15 and the lowest at $8. Anyways, hope for a great game. I hope you guys in the corner of the east stands get bigger and bigger. Keep it up!

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah they went up last year from those prices. I remember the $6 cheap tickets though.

We can always use more in E10, seems like every year or two we loss a couple die hards due to them moving out of the area! (damn you RevhammerBat!!!!) Hope they spread the gossiple that is the Charleson Battery!

up the Battery

12. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When comparing ticket prices between sports teams, people need to keep in mind that soccer clubs usually have significantly fewer home matches to make their cash than baseball, basketball & hockey teams therefore, to me, its understandable that in general, a soccer tix is going to cost more.

13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tailgate starts around 5 (5:30ish) the Regiment will have the grill and some food. Bring some food to share and a couple extra beers to throw in the communtity cooler.

Weather looks to be a repeat of today (clear, low humidity and around 75-80F) with it clouding up overnight and a chance of rain on Sunday.

Fireworks after the match and it might not be a bad idea to bring along some bug stray, the bitting flys and gnats are starting to come out!

Also any Pittsburgh supporters that are making the trip down, feel free to stop by our tailgate! (Always near the East Stand Entrance!)

Up the Battery!!!

14. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. lowcountry1

lowcountry1 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game has started, approaching half-time, 37th minute. Still 0-0.

17. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Sorry Mikey...lol. But I'll be down for the May 8th game and i'm going to see them play Real Maryland since its only a 20 min drive for me...so i'll at least get my voice heard.

18. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    But you guys still have horn girl....lol

19. lowcountry1

lowcountry1 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game ends in a 0-0 tie, but a good night for the Battery, as they keep first place in the Second Division. Also, bigger crowd announced for the Battery (4,221) than the Riverdogs (4,106). However, the chance of rain might have kept a few hundred away.

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Credit to Evans and Pittsburgh, they did exactly what they needed to do to get the draw.

We had our chances (especially with the PK that was saved! uggg, shame Armstrong came out 60 seconds earlier!)

Anyone watch the broadcast? was wonderin how it looked. Im hoping they archive it but haven't found it on usllive.com yet.

21. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States