Battery Player World Cup Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by JBG - Bribe Taker, Sep 4, 2015.

1. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    84', now Antigua is playing like their ass is on fire....bout time, where has this been all night? And Guatemala is also still pushing forward, it's wide open now, c'mon Q.......

2. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #27 JBG - Bribe Taker, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Well, that's it for Antigua, FT, Guatemala wins 2-0 and goes thru. Antigua ended the night with 0 shots on goal, 1 shot that was wide, 0 corners and 1 offside. I could pull 11 drunks out of E1 and have a better offensive performance than that. And exactly how old is Carlos Ruiz? He was playing when MLS was born in 1996 (I know he wasn't, just seems that way), he actually scored a goal tonight and he was the guy who duffed it from 2 yards out and missed.

Good night though, watched 3 games on line and 2 on TV, still watching Mexico and Argentina, who says men can't multitask?

edcalvi repped this.
  3. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the half, Haiti trails host Costa Rica 1-0. Seba not playing, didn't catch the start so don't know if he's on the bench. Haiti not nearly as good as when I've watched them the past 3-4 matches. Not much offense and the team playing very loose and undisciplined, they look very out of sorts. Maybe the locals kept them up last night making noise at their hotel.

In the other match I'm watching, home side Jamaica also trailing 1-0 at the half to Panama off a superb free kick from about 20 yards out at an angle into the top corner. World class.

4. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #29 JBG - Bribe Taker, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    Haiti lose 1-0, no sign of Seba, didn't see him on the bench either but camera only flashed that way a couple of times. Jamaica also loses, 2-0 at home, that doesn't happen often. Panama continues to impress, this could be their time to finally push through and get their ticket punched to a World Cup. Tonight's 2 losers play each other in Port au Prince on Tuesday, should be a good one.

5. Athlone

Athlone Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    It does in recent times. We haven't won a game in the National Stadium (aka "The Office") since 2012. There have been several losses since. Don't see much hope for change on the horizon either.

6. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haiti v Jamaica isn't being shown live on Bein streaming service but they are showing the match a day later on Wednesday on regular Bein TV at 8 pm.

7. Athlone

Athlone Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    That's good to hear, thanks for that update. I'll have to miss the game today but I'll have plenty of time to catch it tomorrow.