Battaglia and Silvestre to Lazio

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, Aug 30, 2007.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    For 700 000 euros, they will be loaned out for a year to Lazio.

I understand getting rid of Silvestre, especially now that we have Paletta, but WTF would they want to loan out Battaglia??? Unless they are sure that the money will help bring Riquelme, it is a dumb move. Battaglia is finely returning to his past form and playing very well. With the addition of Gracian, he would still be a starter in the line-up, so this move would puzzle me

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Neri will play his left role soon. Banega as the sole DM and LEdesma on hte right. Same team as with Roman ... swapping Gracian for Roman in the formation.

Seba has regained his form, but would be a sub soon as per the above. Colombian Vargas could be an effective sub for now.

3. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    oh great, Cardozo that's comforting

the line-up is so much better without Cardozo/Datolo and with Battaglia instead. Banega was great as the only DM, but that was with a lot of help from Riquelme on the field helping him out. Who's going to help it out if Battaglia isn't there?? You noticed that with Battaglia on the field he doesn't average at least 1 yellow card per game?? He is only 19 and i dont think he can handle the entire field himself with little help (in this case basically ledemsa would be his only help and no Cata Diaz in the backfield either)

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Battaglia ssems to have backed back from going to Lazio as he feels fine at Boca. Lazio won't take Silvestre alone ... they wanted both players or nothing.

That is what is being reported at this time at the Boca camp. Could change again before 6 pm U.S. EST, which is when the transfer window in Italy closes.

Edit: According to BS As radio, Battaglia has refused to leave, he is fine at Boca.

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Battaglia said he wants to stay which is fine but hopefully this doesn't make Russo want to start him always. Go back to the 4-3-1-2 please.

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Riquelme rarely helped out defensively though. Between Banega and Ledesma they proved they could take care of the defensive aspects in midfield. Cata isn't there but Palleta, Morel, and Maidana are there which are all quite good defensively.

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    yes, but i'm talking about positioning and helping banega by coaching him on the field and giving him guidance

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Ahh then yes I agree on that.

9. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Well, lets not debate if Banega can handle it ... as Roman seems ready to continue at Boca. :D

The possible midfield:

Ledesma - Banega - Gracian
    Roman​

10. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    and battaglia coming off the bench
    that's just scary. Milan here we come :D

11. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What's even scarier, is that we're just now starting to get it together as a team and we still have a defense to bring together. Based on everything else I've read, we still get to keep Silvestre as well correct?

12. FluFla

FluFla New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Hello everyone,

What are the chances of Battaglia leaving for Europe in January, in your eyes?