Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, Mar 4, 2014.

1. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dunno. Some type of goggle/gadget. Looks fecking awesome! :D
    Batmobile looks BEASTLY!

Anyone else getting a Chris Nolan vibe over this game?

2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @teammellieIRANfan ... looks like that pic you posted is the main antagonist, the Arkham Knight.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/making-the-batmobile-work-in-batman-arkham-knight/1100-6418533/

[​IMG]

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  4. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bet is Arkham Knight will be a reimagining of Jason Todd or Wrath. Or they could make him one of the Talons or the guy that claimed to be Bruce's brother in the Court of Owls story arc.

On another note, I'm not a fan of the way they made Oracle look (if those images are the final versions). She looks too homely for Barbara Gordon. I also don't believe Babs would own a pair of Beats headphones. She's a smart enough techie to know that those headphones are junk.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going against the grain here, that Arkham Knight's outfit looks utterly ridiculous to me. Between that and a few other changes I'm leaning on this being a rental at best. After the last Arkham game, I know it wasn't Rocksteady, I am very soured on the franchise.

They're going to need to do something with the game play to make it worth it, if it's more of the same no thanks. The button mashing got old quickly.

6. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #31 teammellieIRANfan, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Rocksteady themselves is more or less dissing Arkham Origins.
    Not just because they have said that they had nothing to do with its development and the fact they dont view the Origins story as cannon to Rocksteady's own franchise (which is why Rocksteady conciously says Arkham Knight is the conclusion to the Arkham trilogy, thereby disregarding Origins).
    But I read somewhere that some Rocksteady developers laughed when asked about whether they would take inspiration from anything in the Origins game.

Batman Arkham is Rocksteadys franchise, its their baby. And everyone knows it.
    Yeah sure Arkham Origins was like a bad fart and left a smell in the room.
    But when Arkham Knight comes it'll be like a frikking manly cologne spraying the shit out of Origins.

The combat in Arkham City is pretty deep. Especially if you master it. So button mashing is a choice.
    Actually a bad choice/tactic at that because button mashing will probably reset the multiplier and interrupt your combo.
    Dont blame the game, blame the player. :D

Im positive they will build upon the combat system, which is already ridiculously good, and make cool upgrades and tweeks to the combat, gadgets, Batmans maneveribiliy in air etc.
    Plus we get the frikkin batmobile to cruize around (more like bulldoze around but whatever) in a city which is said to be 4 times bigger than Arkham City!
    So that adds another gameplay element.

If anything was ever a "must buy on first day", Arkham Knight would be it. Especially since both next gen consoles have not really come out with anything spectacular yet. I havent bought a PS4 yet, but this is the game that will make me buy it.
    But off course, this is all just my opinion.

/End of rant. :D

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in my opinion all the Batman Arkham games are just button mashing, some better than others.

I was also one of those people that experienced the game save delete issue in the first game, so I never finished it because I was so close to the end as it was.

While Rocksteady might be distancing themselves from the last game the fact is it wasn't much different from the precious games. They used the same assets and combat system. They used Rocksteady's assets.

Some people love the Batman Arkham games, I'm one who finds them to be average.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Arkham City was great.
    Origins, not so much.
    It had perhaps the worst climax of any game I have played in the past five years.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was listening to a couple podcasts this week and apparently AK was shown at GDC, in two different podcasts the opinion was that they weren't impressed with what they were shown. They said if you liked Arkham City you will love this game, it's basically AC on steroids. They both said they only saw a little bit, but what they saw didn't blow them away. It's more of the same.

10. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I listened to different podcast that said Arkham Knight was very impressive.
    Arkham City was one beast of a game.

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I listened to a bunch of podcasts* this week, and none even mentioned Arkham Knight.

*Most weren't even gaming related. ;)

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RebelFM was the one that gave it quite a few minutes of discussion.

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I came.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, is Bruce Wayne buddies with Tony Stark?? If that's his regular costume, it's a fail. That better be some special armor he wears sporadically.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game has been delayed to 2015.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  17. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn it to hell! This is like the only game I am excited for and Im holding off on buying PS4 until Arkham Knight comes out.

Well, if it means we'll get a better experience and a game free of glitches, then it is what it is.
    I prefer they take their time on it and gives us a polished masterpiece, instead of rushing it and release a broken game.

18. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will always be delays like this at the beginning of the consoles' generation ...

[​IMG]

19. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  20. John Ryding

John Ryding New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I agree, but it looks like all the big name games that (at least that I want) are worth getting have been delayed in some way. :-/

21. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well its for the better that they take their time to make a polished game and release it later, rather than rushing the game and release it broken.

By the time the title comes out it will have been in development for more than 4 years. So Im positive we will get a special and epic final conclusion to the Arkham saga by Rocksteady.

22. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was odd, then, to see Shadow of Mordor come out a week earlier. Granted, had it come out when originally planned (tomorrow, Oct 7th?), it might have gotten lost in the shuffle of some other titles. It had its release day all to itself.

23. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ACE Chemical Trailer... has some cutscenes and gameplay in it...

Dills and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  24. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dont know what to think about all the guns from the Batmobile in this game. :/

25. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran