Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm cautious after the last debacle. I know Rocksteady is doing this one, but I will wait to see more.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full Trailer, it looks gorgeous. Word is it's next-gen and PC only, no PS3 or 360.

fatfan-labamba, Belgian guy and Dills repped this.
  4. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

and so it begins....

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Harley looks quite a bit different from the previous games.

6. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    YEESSSSS!!! Bloody arkham origins was just a cash in on the great works done by the developers of the first two games(rocksteady) YYYEEEESSSSS!!!! the bat mobile is included, my prayers have finally be answered, hope the plane is also there!!! Rocksteady know how to make a batman game- and they feature the most popular villains and characters in the game ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!

teammellieIRANfan and Karloski repped this.
  7. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hope konroys is back to do the voice. there is no one better. That replacement in origins couldnt fill his shoes. I hope he could live forever to do the batman voice!!!! :D

8. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    you two gentlemen are philanthropists.

9. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They say its the last of the series... Hope they mean Arkham series. Then they must move on to Gotham!!!

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belgian guy repped this.
  11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is a FMV. The game will look different.

12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure he meant aesthetically.

13. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, in that case I am pretty sure they changed her look because this time players will play as Harley. They just sexed her up like with Catwoman.

14. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is amazing news, all these new great games are pushing me to get a ps4

15. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? In Arkham City, they used the Catwoman design that had already been used for several years in the comics. They didn't sex her up. With Harley, they radically changed her costume in Asylum and made her look like a hooker. Each video game since then has made her look more like a hooker, and then Geoff Johns jumped on the bandwagon and tried to turn her into DC's sexed up version of Deadpool. The image above is at least a little less hookerish than the previous games, but I hope they have alternate skins of her old comic designs.

I hope this isn't the end of the series. There are still a lot of stories they could base games off of. I'd like to have an Arkham game based off of the No Man's Land story. But I wish they were developing a version for PS3. It's going to be a tough sell to my wife to buy a PS4 when the PS3 still works just fine. :(

16. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trade it in. That's how I fooled convinced my wife to let me get the Xbone.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=115602

17. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My PS3 is one of the first editions. I doubt I'll get much out of it. I also wouldn't be able to go back and play my PS3 games due to lack of backwards compatability. Guess it's time to start piling on the brownie points.

A new villain by Geoff Johns? Johns doesn't know how to create new villains. Instead, he just resurrects dead characters. My bet is that the villain will be a former villain or hero in Batman lore that he brings back. I wouldn't mind a Jason Todd villain. Heck, even bringing back the Phatasm would be cool.

18. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go read my latest posts in the next gen Xbox thread ... I went to GameStop to trade in my old console with a bunch of games and accessories, and ended up getting over $200 worth of trade-in credit (without actually trading in my Xbox 360) which I put towards an Xbox One.

It was definitely worth my time. YMMV

SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  19. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #19 teammellieIRANfan, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    OMG SHIT YES!!!

Next gen Arkham!
    Arkham City and Asylum are two of my all time favorite games, and Ive played them (collectively) about 10 times.
    So next gen only. That means that this will be the game that will make me buy a PS4.

Cant fecking wait!!
    Judging from the first video, this will be the final Arkham game (by Rocksteady) and it will conclude the story?
    Lets hope this turns out like the masterpieces their previous titles were.
    Kudos to @Dills for bringing it to my attention.

Dills repped this.
  20. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Batman: Arkham Knight isn't coming to Xbox 360 or PS3, Rocksteady confirms
    Cross-gen ruled out to let developer create a "real, genuine next-gen game".

[​IMG]

Batman: Arkham Knight is not in development for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, Rocksteady has confirmed, telling Game Informer that going next-gen only allowed it to be "more ambitious with the design and make a real, genuine next-gen game".

"It's not a challenge to move to next-gen," explained game director Sefton Hill. "The real challenge is making sure you’re getting the best out of the machines. It’s easy to get the game running, but it's about, ‘What can we do that really pushes those machines?’ Obviously you see a lot of games that are cross-gen, and they feel a bit reined in because of that. Because we were able to make that decision quite early, we were able to be more ambitious with the design and make a real, genuine next-gen game."

Despite the game being exclusive to PS4, Xbox One and PC, though, Arkham Knight doesn't appear to be making use of Epic's next-gen engine Unreal Engine 4.

Instead, it's being built on a "juiced-up version of Rocksteady's custom modified Unreal engine", suggesting that the game may be sticking with the earlier games’ Unreal Engine 3.

Nevertheless, the game still appears to be pushing the power of next-gen consoles, with a single character used within the game’s cinematics rendered with a similar polygon count to that of Arkham Asylum’s entire environment.

The Batmobile itself uses 160MB of memory, too, thanks to its "very expensive shaders and textures" and the "hundreds of thousands of polygons" used to build it. The world of Gotham City is said to be five times larger than that of Arkham City, too.

"Our lead engine coder was saying the other day that, when you switch to next-gen only, rather than saying 'no' to our artists and designers a lot he can now just say 'yes'," studio director Jamie Walker added. "That's what the horsepower of next-gen enables us to do."

Batman: Arkham Knight launches on Xbox One, PS4 and PC later this year.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/batma...g_to_xbox_360_or_ps3_rocksteady_confirms.html

21. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow. that seems pretty impressive to me considering how great i thought arkham asylum's entire environment was. i haven't played the two later ones yet, so maybe the increase isn't as substantial as it sounds.

22. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It will be the final game in the Arkham story arc by Rocksteady. They then can take the mechanics of the series and apply to another story arc. So it will be the final Arkham game but no doubt not the final Batman game with the Rocksteady formula.

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I wouldn't mind a complete game in this mold devoted to Catwoman.

24. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  25. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006