Basic football knowledge

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by marco goncalves, Dec 19, 2005.

1. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston
    Being a member of Bigsoccer since 2002,i couldnt help but notice how,as of lately we have been noticing new posters in the Portugal forum....As a member of this forum it is with great pleasure that i see these newcomers,however on the other hand its with some displeasure that i see that some of these members ,dont alway have the knowledge (NOT A CRIME) about Portuguese soccer and its history....What truly bothers me ,is the lack of respect that some of these folks have brough in with them.....Constant disagreement,always questioning the most senior members ,using the "its my opinion excuse constantly"ignoring fact and statistics....And above all trying to influence everyone else in certain things that dont need to be influenced....

One suggestion to these folks would be:do your homework on Portuguese soccer,learn your players,if you dont know ask....Like i have and still do.....And try not to ask a question with a stupid answer......

Pretty sad when someone considers himself a Benfiquista ,but had no clue who lifted the Clubs 2 European cups....Pretty sad when some people dont know who Aguas,Jose Augusto ,Torres,Simoes,Germano,Graca,Coluna,Costa Pereira is...........But yet they have alway been a Benfica fan

You know who you are........ :mad:

2. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
  3. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Ignore idiotic posts or threads, they'll go away or change the contents of their posts. Perfect example was the argument on Pauleta being Portugal's best all time player. Now, how silly was that.

4. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ignorant posts should, in the end, be ignored. They will also be dealt with, too. As for posts in which you don't necessarily agree with the theme or argument (e.g. Pauleta v. Eusebio), that is a discussion but because you don't agree with it doesn't make it ignorant. What it does is create a discussion in which people duke it out in a civilized fashion for their point of view. There isn't anything wrong with that, IMO...

5. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What constitutes basic knowledge?

And let's say a poster is 10 yrs old and a Lampioes fan, should he yet have all the knowledge that a 60yr old Lampiao has?

Just the other day I read in the USA today an article were some Major League BB players were polled. The question was..."Do you remember Jackie Robinson?" almost 50% didn't know...It all depends how interested you are in the teams history etc. I would hope if you are a fan of any particular team you would take the time to learn their History...

Heres a little test for the Lampioes...may ChopSoccerDude can use it as his trivia question...

The captain of the Angolan NT is a former Lampiao...can you name him? And no it is not Mantorras....

6. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Akwa.

7. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    correct!

8. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    That was easy JLR, even a lagarto knew. :D

9. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Isn't that the name of the group that had that smash hit, "I'm a Barbie Girl" ?:D

My pet peeve, is when posters regurgitate what their father or uncle Manny tell them and pass it off as thier own opinion.

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Same sound, different spelling. You are thinking of Aqua :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Oops my bad :D I learn something everyday on this forum.

12. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

Wow.... their second relese is 21% off at Amazon. I know what to get Zezinho for Xmas now.

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i thought he wanted the big soccer christmas songs sung by:

frank cunha
    to devils
    goodead
    forca sporting
    joelzinho
    zezinho
    portista 69
    portoholic

ill be the producer....all we need is a hot santa helper to be on the cover.it sell like pancakes this time of year. :eek:

14. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You forgot to include the special guest "Rapper" MC JLR:D

15. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005