Baseball Strike: Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by SoccerScout, Aug 29, 2002.

1. calcioplaya

calcioplaya New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    how can ya like baseball anyways? its not even a sport, just people runnin around bases and sittin on their a** i cant believe they get paid to do it. true u can say that it takes skill to hit the ball, but if anyone starts at the age of 4 u will be good, and its not even a big deal if u get drafted cuz their are like 4 cazillion rounds

2. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    This srtike countdown is more exciting than the game of baseball itself...maybe the should do this 162 times a year!

PS: Who fudged the voting...no way we went from a steady 77% for YES to a sudden 50/50.

3. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    News wires reporting that strike is averted.

4. CNN said not as of yet...but VERY hopeful a deal will be reached. They told the players to go to the ballparks in anticipation. The Red Sox were seen boarding their bus in CNN around 11 45am. I hope they strike. Baseball makes me sick. Id only go to MLB games because of the food (if you've ever been to Camden Yards...you know what I mean)

5. Dayum....looks they they have reached a tenative agreement... Oh well, does anyone think all this talk wont scare fans away? Almost every 5 years we have a strike anyway.

6. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    OK, well, I work in the building right next door to where the negotiations are taking place. I almost got run over just now by the reporters chasing after Don Fehr and Tom Glavine as they exited the building. (And I'm just an innocent soccer fan on my way to lunch). Anyway, Glavine's exact words to the reporters was "Play Ball".

7. LoveFifa

LoveFifa New Member

Apr 23, 2001
    Detroit, Michigan
    ************!

8. photar74

photar74 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    West Philly
  9. Quakes11

Quakes11 New Member

Aug 6, 2000
    Im personally thrilled that they didnt go on strike, now all my friends and I can go to more Giants games down the strech, and they are hot baby!

10. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Baseball is the greatest American sport. Nothing like 'bottom of the ninth..."