Baseball May Discipline Giants, Teams for Hiding Drug Concerns

Discussion in 'San Jose OT' started by FUAEG, Jan 24, 2008.

1. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That won't happen any more than there'll be yellow and/or a tag-shaped border in the Chicago Fire's Best Buy jersey sponsor wordmark.

Lewis Wolff revealed back in August 2006 that the very funding for AT&T Park from various South Bay banking institutions and other entities (that the Giants is now paying off with interest) has depended from Day One, and continues to depend, on the Giants' hold on its South Bay territorial rights. No amount of money offers to the G's from Wolff nor secret handshakes to Commissioner Selig could break that.

MLB will certainly punish the Giants in some way, but it won't be in that way.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

3. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Being an A's fan there is nothing I'd like to see more than the Giants suffering... but not even Selig is that cruel. He'd cripple the Giants franchise.

4. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I believe (strongly) that baseball itself needs to be disciplined. I think the best way (and I've so written my representatives) is to have Congress lift MLB's exemption from the anti-trust statutes.

5. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only thing about raising the anti-trust limitations is what would it change? By and large the only thing it would do is more teams would move around. Which frankly is a bad thing no matter how you slice it.

6. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    [​IMG]
    I don't even like baseball anymore (thanks to the lack of cap, steroid blame game and of course territorial rights), but that would certainly be nice. I don't get how this would set a dangerous precedent. They'd be moving further away from the Giants. How many doors does that open for other teams, like the Marlins to New Jersey or whatever? None.

7. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States