Baseball ads on BigSoccer

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by MetroStars4Life, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    I hadn't noticed any, but, hey, whatever pays the bills. Some BS users are baseball fans too.

2. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999

Who cares?

3. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Premium Membership blocks out ads.

4. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved to Suggestions and Announcements

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Just between you and me, sources tell me this is part of this site's transformation from BigSoccer to BigBaseball. Gradually, Huss will begin to phase out soccer discussions from the boards and replace them with baseball discussion. Before you know it, MLS forums will be MLB forums and the Serie A forums will reappear as Italian semi-pro baseball forums.
    You know and I know, baseball is afraid of soccer's growth and they're trying to regain control by taking over BigSoccer.

And if you've read Machiavelli, you would know that the first step in a hostile takeover is buying banner ads on a message board site. This was going to happen sooner or later. I just didn't think Huss would give in so easily.

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We now know the identity of Frank Deford.

7. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    EXACTLY.

Btw, nice work skip.

8. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't remember that chapter in "The Prince". It must be in one of the appendices.

Sachin

9. No need to worry.

When interest in FSW website's baseball section surpasses the soccer section, FSW will start focusing on minor league baseball and college baseball and drop USOC games, A-League games, etc. Folks, DO CLICK on the banners and DO VISIT the FSW baseball website. It may end up paying all the bills for FSW.