Bartosz Bosacki (possible DC Target)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dtduffy, May 9, 2007.

1. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Boswell can go. The way he's playing...he can go.

2. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    i like it

his nickname back in the old country is 'Bosy' which is like most soccer nicknames just a shorter version of his name... but in Polish 'bosy' also means 'barefooted' as in without shoes

3. ClarkC

ClarkC Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Virginia
    A little off topic, but it is funny to see the Costa Rican player in the first goal clip desperately trying to get a red card by reaching up for the ball on the goal line. He couldn't reach it, though.

4. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    No...veteran leadership back there is exactly what we need.

5. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he works out and becomes a tough, feared central defender, he could spawn a new verb, " to bosack," as in "Landon Donovan streaked down the middle of the pitch but was bosacked at the edge of the box."

6. NatsDad

NatsDad Member

May 5, 2004
    DC Metro
    Club:
    DC United

There is always the act of "get[ting] the Bozack", as well.

7. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    For the love of God, if there is any justice left in this cold, heartless world, please rep NatsDad for me, I'm all out!!!

Thanks in advance:D

8. thedeuce_2

thedeuce_2 New Member

May 22, 2002
    Virginia
    I don't think this is about defensive woes, I think it is about defensive depth. We're a team full of midfielders. We really don't have very many viable options on defense after the typical starting 3/4. Namoff and Boswell are starters. Erpen is having a spat, he's coming out of it though. After that when you look at McTavish, Gros, Wilson, and the rest, it doesn't give me much confidence.
    I should've quoted whoever said, we don't make this move, Boswell gets called in for a summer tourney, Erpen and McTavish start centrally, and one of them gets card accumulation or an injury. Not a scenario I'd like to see played out.
    PLUS, I'm never opposed to adding a world class player to our roster. He'll bring alot to the table in his game, and I'm sure will help out alot of our younger players.

9. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Is that anything like a teabag?

10. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm not sure people expect to go to Europe necessarily. He's out of contract I think so maybe he's just looking for a better deal then what DC offered in the offseason and maybe another team in MLS will pay it. However if Danny Califf can go to europe then Boswell has a pretty good shot, hopefully he has a better agent then Carroll if that's his goal. Personally I think we'll see a similar situation to BC. Boz will go over and trial in Germany and maybe another country, have no offers and come back and sign with DC for a good deal.

11. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Baby got Bosack!

12. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    When you play 4 in the back, you'd better have 6 - Injuries, rotation during a congested schedule, call-ups, cards, etc - All these mean we need 6 defenders who we feel comfortable starting with - Boswell, Erpen, Namoff, Gros, McTavish - Thats five - I'm pretty comfortable with those each of those five - Are they as good as Milan or Barcelona or a top EPL team? - No, but for MLS, thats a pretty good group to start with - But since we're playing with four, the team is obviously looking for a 6th - It only makes sense - Good solid central defender who can score in the air on set pieces - This is what Boswell and Erpen also bring

What I've noticed in the first few games is something else missing from our Defenders - A CANNON!! - Remember Agoos' shots from 25 yds? - I've seen the forwards and halfbacks press into the box and then lay it back to a Defender - But all Namoff does is try to chip it to someone who's closely marked - Boswell plays a very soft safety valve, and for some reason the ball isn't laid back for Erpen, only Namoff and then happens from it - We someone back there you can really fire a hard shot on frame - Any evidence Bosacki can do this for us?

13. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Actually Erpen has that cannon, but given his poor form lately, he has been very conservative in letting fly. Remember the shot he put by Tony Donuts last year in the swamp.

14. kirchhausen

kirchhausen Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony's reaction to that goal (the shrug and little smile) was absolutely priceless. One of my favorite United goals of all time.

15. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,65029,4121790.html

the Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza had a little article about Bosacki coming to the US...

they mention that Soehn and Kasper came to see the game (BB only played 45 minutes and then asked to be taken off at half time b/c he was feeling ill) and that Goff at WP had the rumors and BB's goals in the WC in his blog

Marek Pogorzelczyk, the sporting director of Poznan Lech said he is aware of the interest from DCU in BB but that he is not engaged in any talks with them for now, DCU has not made any offers. All they have to do is agree to pay the 'exit' fee and they can start the talks. But in general Poznan Lech is not intrested in letting BB go.

BB himself is very calm about the situation. He did not talk to the Americans after the game, they know the 'exit' fee and how to go about it. For now i'm not saying no, but i'm very close to Lech and to the city of Poznan, I'll leave such things to my manager and I'll concentrate on my game. In closing he says that there were some Spanish clubs that have also been intrested in him.

16. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haev only ever seen Bosacki play in his 2006WC games against Germany and Costa Rica but his stats would seem to indicate that his 2 goal performance against Costa Rica was truly out of the norm:

Polish National Team
    [13 games – 2 goals]

Lech Poznan [Poland] 94-95 [2 games – 0 goals]
    Lech Poznan [Poland] 95-96 [26 games – 0 goals]
    Lech Poznan [Poland] 96-97 [31 games – 0 goals]
    Lech Poznan [Poland] 97-98 [26 games – 0 goals]
    Amica Wronki [Poland] 98-99 [22 games – 1 goal]
    Amica Wronki [Poland] 99-00 [22 games – 0 goals]
    Amica Wronki [Poland] 00-01 [26 games – 0 goals]
    Amica Wronki [Poland] 01-02 [25 games – 1 goal]
    Lech Poznan [Poland] 02-03 [30 games – 1 goal]
    Lech Poznan [Poland] 03-04 [24 games – 1 goal]
    FC Nurnberg [Germany] 04-05 [13 games – 0 goals]
    FC Nurnberg [Germany] 05-06 [4 games – 0 goals]
    Lech Poznan [Poland] 05-06 [11 games – 0 goals]
    Lech Poznan [Poland] 06-07 [26 games – 1 goal]
    Total [288 games – 5 goals]

17. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn I can't rep this

18. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Well, if it's like a teabagging, that's nothing unusual for Donovan.;)

19. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    He could start at forward for the US with that strike rate.

20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, based on the quotes mentioned above, it doesn't seem like this is much of story - guy says he's never even talkled to them and will probably stay where he is.

21. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Which means just the opposite in Football media terms. To quote Claudio Reyna and 10,000 other footballers, "....I'm staying at [name here], I love it here, I love the fans, it's a special place...." In short, it's not NASCAR, no one ever says what they mean, usually because some of these contracts and “exit fees” can be complex, especially if the player and agent can get a piece of a transfer fee.

22. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    It looks like he is not coming to DC.Transfer fee for that guy is too high 400K euros.:eek: