Barthez Under Threat

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by BrianCappellieri, Sep 7, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    BBC

2. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    After his gaffs last year, this should come as no surprise.

3. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    He certainly didn't prove to be another Schmeichel. Wonder if there's any chance of getting Peter to cross the city :)

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Schmeicel had his moments of non-brilliance, too. That said, Fabian is good but not fabulous. But I'll take him over Seaman any day.

5. Beefy

Beefy New Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Kent, England
    Fabian is an amazing keeper when he's got a challenge. The problem is that he hasn't really had one since he left France and he, like many other Utd players is now complacent. Over the years we have collected a team of superstars and haven't really done much to bring in younger players, with the exception of John O'Shea. In addition to this, we have a smaller squad, with less competition for places, so how players are starting to take their place in the team for granted.

I'd like to see Fergie give Fletcher, Nardiello and Djordic a chance in the first team, and come the January transfer deadline we need to buy4/5 squad players and a new striker. Until Forlan starts finding the back of the net, and he's not going to do that until he stops playing so deep, we need atleast 2 more strikers. They don't have to be phenomenal, but 1 of the them should be a world class player with some pace. The other should be someone like Di Canio. IMO, we should never have sold Cole. RVN and Solskjaer are finishers and we need a creative element. I agree that we needed to sell Yorke, but definately not Cole.