BARROW AFC are crawling back into the BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Barrovianhordes, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    North West Evening MailAFCNewsBarrow AFC winger Kamara aims to fly high against Eastleigh
    Last updated at 13:55, Friday, 06 November 2009

SIERRA Leone international Malvin Kamara is hoping to help fire Barrow AFC to FA Cup glory.

ON THE MARCH: Malvin Kamara (left) is hoping for a good FA Cup run with BarrowThe 25-year-old and his Bluebirds team-mates face Conference South underdogs Eastleigh at Holker Street tomorrow (3pm kick-off), with a place in the second round and £18,000 in prize money at stake.

London-based Kamara – who has been on the losing side just once since joining Barrow on non-contract terms in September – is no stranger to a good FA Cup run.

Just two seasons ago, the right winger came off the bench for Huddersfield when they were beaten 3-1 by a Frank Lampard-inspired Chelsea in the fifth round at Stamford Bridge.

Now Kamara is eyeing a strong cup run with Barrow, who last season made it to the third round and a tie at then-Premier League Middlesbrough.

First, however, they must overcome Hampshire-based Eastleigh, who are making their bow at the first round stage.

“It’s difficult to know what to expect from Eastleigh, but it’s the FA Cup, so no doubt they will be up for it,” said Kamara.

“I’m really looking forward to the game and, who knows, if we can get past Eastleigh maybe we can get a big League team in the next round.”

Having taken time out of the game to recover from knee problems, Kamara – whose former clubs include Wimbledon, Milton Keynes Dons, Cardiff City and Port Vale – is now beginning to find his feet again.

Last month he went for a trial in the US with 2008 MLS champions Columbus Crew.

“Columbus want me to sign and go back there in January, but at the moment I don’t think I’ll go,” Kamara said. “My girlfriend is pregnant and I don’t want to relocate her or be away from her.”

He added: “I’m really enjoying my time at Barrow.

“I train with a fitness trainer in London then play the games for Barrow. My girlfriend is in Leeds, so that helps when it comes to the travelling.

“The team are playing really well at the moment. We’re eight games unbeaten and all the lads are pulling in the right direction.”

Barrow joint-manager Dave Bayliss said: “There is £18,000 for the winners, so financially it is a massive game.

“We’ve had Eastleigh watched twice and the reports back say that they are a good, big, strong, physical side.

“By no means are we, or will we be, underestimating them. They made the Conference South play-offs last season and are a good side.

“We will be giving them all the credit they deserve.”

With the flu virus that had affected the squad now cleared up, the Bluebirds are expected to have a full squad to pick from.

Barrow (from): Tomlinson, Spender, Jelleyman, Jones, Pearson, Kamara, Hulbert, Bond, Rutherford, Walker, Shaw, Deasy, Bolland, Dugdale, Boyd, Logan, Sheridan, Cook, Morris, Bayliss.

2. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What are you looking for Ivan ?

3. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a good team site and a good spot for standings... i'm assuming that espnsoccernet won't have them...

4. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    90 MINS AWAY FROM Sunderland away in the FA Cup, we tied away to Oxford 1-1, so the replay is at Barrow-in-Furness a week tomorrow, come on you BLUEBIRDS;)

Looking at flights again, yowzer:D

http://www.barrowafc.net/

5. The ASE

The ASE New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    It is good to see Barrow on the way up again - they have a good history - it is a good story.

6. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

We stuffed Oxford Utd 3-1 with them netting in added on time.

Highlights here [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axGmftUvM0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axGmftUvM0[/ame]

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7811

Oxford are still a full-time club playing in front of 7000+ everyweek and sit on top of the league, but we got wired right into them and there was only going to be one winner and bejebus that was us:D.

Now Sunderland of the English premier league await the lads, pity the TV stations did,nt choose a proper David v Goliath fixture to show as they bang on about the "romance of the oldest cup comp on planet earth, they chose mega clubs like Arsenal, Liverpoo & Manure typical, Barrow would have recieved anywhere between 75,000 and 175,000 sterling from the broadcast alone, then a 45% split of the gate reciepts (the FA get the other 10%) So if Sunderland get a (everything crossed) 30,000 attendance for the game then Barrow should get somewhere near 170,000 to 200,000 sterling british pounds.

This money will really help propel us forwards as a club and hopefully fund some very badley needed ground developments as 100 years wear n tear along with very little TLC over the yrs have left their marks.

The supporters have to stand in an open aired "structure" and whizz onto a crumbling brick wall or aim into a hollowed out trough like thing :mad: and you should see the mens toilets/restroom/loo :eek:

Some parts of the stadia are crumbling badly with a few newer bits here n there.

We took 7000 supporters to Smogsville ( Middlesboro ) last year in a so called once in a lifetime oppotunity and weve only gone and done it again this term. DREAMLAND.

http://www.barrowafc.net/

7. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done Barrow. Give those candy striped pusses (Cats ;)) hell

UP THE BLUE BIRDS!!

8. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers Alejo, we have sold 6000 tickets in 3 days, not to shabby considering our crowd average is around 1200.

Play up BARROW AFC

9. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sold all 7,200 tickets, asked for another 1,000.
    Really played well but their class told in the end, lost 3-0 but it was a closer game than the scoreline suggests.

I,ve got it on DVD if anyone wants a copy hollar at me.

10. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Recent news, BARROW AFC beat Gateshead away 2-3 after a scrappy 1-1 draw in Barrow in the last 16 of the FA Trophy (the non-league version of the FA Cup)
    We now entertain title chasing York City in Barrow in the last 8, should be a belter;)

Play up Barrow.

11. T Moore

T Moore New Member

Jan 28, 2000
    I'm a Carlisle fan... I'm pulling for you... Would be fun to have you up in league one with us..

Good luck

12. T Moore

T Moore New Member

Jan 28, 2000
    The Reds up in Workington (last time I checked) are doing well too... It would be great for all of them to make a comeback and play against each other..

Hope, they build the bridge at Morcambe Bay... It would be the largest tidal power station in the world... Cumbria leading the way again

13. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last I saw of the BSPrem standings its not looking good for Barrow, promotion wise.