BARROW AFC are crawling back into the BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Barrovianhordes, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you like a "under-dog" you may take an interest in us.

Here is a snapshot of our little team.

Well if you the think that the Conf Prem is the "Big Time"

BARROW-IN-FURNESS is an isolated insular small town based in the North West of England.

We are one of those misunderstood towns, you know the ones that are the butts of everybodies jokes, like where,s yer Banjo,s are you intimate with yer mother/sister/brother etc

You could say we have had our cross to bear, but Barrovians are a proud n friendly bunch with a sunny dispossition, usually.

We were an established Football league club for 52 years until unjustly thrown out by the FA the letters stand for Football Association, not to be confused with the FA, fookin wankers:cool:

We have struggled in the wilderness ever since, I discovered my team only when they were already non-league (TYPICAL, I was aged around 10 or 11 ish) and have followed them ever since, sometimes saying things to myself like " I can cope with us being shite but its the hope, I carnt stand"

We were founded at the same time as Barcalona fc , but I think they have faired a little better than us:p alas.

Well we are now just one Division away from the FL but are up against big full-time clubs with squads of 26+ players, while we are to remain part-time with a squad of around 18 Players if you count the 2 managers who have registered to play (Darren Sheriden is touching 41)

We are always Skint even having our ground Stolen from us, We dont even train in the town (we have to train 80 miles away, OR players wont play for us, as there are all out of town players)

We used to not even trian together just play on the day as we could not afford to pay the players to do both:eek:

We were in the Conf Prem 9 yrs ago but (again, got thrown out..)
    That season halfway through we lost our whole team except F O U R loyal players (thanks guys) the management also left at the same time.
    Yet we through together a ramshakle bunch of local Saturday/Sunday league lads who managed to win more points/games together in less games than the money mad mercenaries who hail from the Liverpool/Manchester areas who had played for us that season.

We had to go to that seasons Champions (Kiddiminster Harriers) home ground and WIN on the last day of the season to avoid relegation GULP.

We took around 700/800 fans revelling in an escape plot H Houdini would be pround of !!!

The game ended with scenes a mixture of unbridled joy and not believing that we had actually done it, we surived against all odds.

5 days later the FA turfed us out of the league for mismanagement but thats another story, if you have an interest , ill fill you in.

It involves Britains biggest ever drug dealer,Liverpool gansters and the Tax man.

Anyhow WE ARE BACK and to coin an American well known companies slogan IM LOVIN IT.

Sorry to bore you with our story (dont think anyone will bother or care enough to even read it) but..........I just felt it needed saying, phew I feel 10 pounds lighter now with that of my back.

PS, We got beat at home yesterday 1-3 against the leagues bottom side , remember its the hope we can not stand.
    We will win on Tuesday, I can feel it in my bones.

Cheers Mike.

2. bdndyc

bdndyc New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Like I said if you keep the support and ability I saw for you against York you won't be underdogs for long.

Gotta good game plan and effective players.

The best bit about the game was calling your keeper Daisy, took it in good spirits which is nice to see.

Certainly got a fair amount of history, reckon you'll be back in the league long before the likes of Stevenage/Burton etc every get there...

3. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After 2 shakey home games, got battered by Stevenage 1-3 who were winless at the time ( but have since rallied) and bottom of the league but were the bookies favourites for the championship.
    Then we got a last min leveller at home to Rushton & Diamonds 1-1 (phew) we yesterday went to Lewes at 8 hour coach ride for the fans and turned in a very good display winning 0-3 it could have been 6, so all in all im happy with our start to the season so far.

All Bluebirds are Blue.

4. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It should have been six you mean as we played awful (we = Lewes) did you have a great day out anyway also I went up to the away end in the second half and only came back with about 10mins left and I didn't know what the shoes off chant was about.

I still tink your big flag and slogan is a bit retarded "all bluebirds are blue"...well durr.

5. rapidsfan2004

rapidsfan2004 New Member

Aug 8, 2006

6. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lo Barrov.

This is Alejo in Austin Texas and I read your story and :eek:

And I quote a band from this area, who have since made it big.

'You have no fear of the underdog, thats why you will not survive."

Well lets just say I don't fear the underdogs of the world, I love the underdogs of the world. And all the high dramma goin on in your neck of tha woods, and yeu acknowledge the site, and suporters, of a brand spankin new baby girl club and u paid us hommege soo I'll do the same for u mate

COME ON BARROW,COME ON BARROW

Cheers mate. ;)

7. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I live in the US of A mate so missed the game:p

As for the shoes off chant and the Bluebirds are Blue flag, let me explain it for you, We are Northern you know:eek::D nuff said really.

8. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers Rapid,

However think I have CURSED my team, sob sob, since my last post we have lost 4 games on the spin and plummeted down the league (insert more sobs here) we shoulda coulda won at least 1 or 2 of those games as we were leading and well on top but hit the woodwork and had goals chalked off etc then just lost our way and lost the games.

Keep your eye on our results as WE NEED FANS APLENTY lol.

9. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Brilliant Alejo, Brilliant.

Looking forwads to meeting you sometime mate.

10. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well we stopped the rot by beating Kidderminster away and drawing with Burton at home , both in the top 4 so things were looking good again..........until Saturday saw us with the long treck to league leaders Creepy Crawley who tonked us 4-0, it could have been Seven, such was the beating.

Its a roll-a-coaster.

11. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well things are much brighter of late beating Eastbourne at home 3-1 in the league, and beating Fleetwood codheads 3-2 in a tinpot trophy game and last week beating Tamworth 0-4 away in the FA Cup winning $24 grand in the process :)

This weekend is another 6 pointer against Forest Green Rovers, come on you Bluebirds.

Tat tar :D

12. Tvos

Tvos New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Caboolture,Qld,Aust
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Barrow are my Conference team, and I've been following their fortunes from afar (Australia) for a number of years. If I remember correctly, the year you were voted out of the league, you didn't even finish bottom? What do you think of the chances of extending the cup run against Brentford?

13. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the late response:cool: well we beat Brentford live on TV setanta sports channel, did anyone watch it:D we have now pocketed around $350,000 in gate,prize & TV money:eek: we have never had it so good, we have been drawn against EPL side Middlesboro a side rammed full of internationals.

Hope our plumbers, bricklayers, meccy fitters etc have an easy work week.

14. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Had a fantasic day out at the Premier league Middlesbough, we took over 7000 supporters to the Riverside , got beat 2-1 but our part time lads did us proud.

Superb weekend what little I remember, hiccup.:cool:

15. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We are back on the rocky relegation road to oblivion with our spineless showing of late, woe is me, come on troops find your winning ways before all is lost ffs.

16. CUFC_Sounder

CUFC_Sounder New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Went up to Barrow on Tuesday night to watch my team (Cambridge United). They gave us a game first half but had no attacking threat whatsoever, which cost them when their fitness started to fail late on, and a couple of errors meant we got out with a 2-0 win. They've signed Lee McEvilly on loan though, who scored a few goals for us at the start of the year, and I think they'll be OK, just about.

17. RedWeb

RedWeb New Member

May 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Great to see Barrow stay up in the Conference. My partner comes from the South Lakes and we've seen the odd game at Holker St. Hopefully next season they will be further up the table.

18. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes are surge of draws left us 6 pts clear of the drop in the end, phew.

We are going part-full-time (if there is such a thing) next season pairing up with a Salford sports college training 3 days per week as opposed to 1 night per week last season.
    We are using the facilities free of charge as a tie in withthe college, our manager also works there which obviously helps.

B L U E B I R D S.

19. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well pre-season is apon us, can not wait for the new season to begin, come on you BARROW.

20. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All this time, even with the Aztex season going on, Barrow have been in my thoughts. Best of luck to you and to Forest Green, they've got an Aztex U23 alumni, hopefully both you and that lot will get promoted this time around. ;)

21. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers Alejo.

If you ever want to see a game try Justin TV or those MY2P2 type sites.

Come on you Aztex.

22. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tables

Blue Square Premier : Table
    Saturday, 17 October 2009 17:18 UK
    | Home | Away
    Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Oxford Utd 17 7 1 0 22 3 5 3 1 13 8 24 40

-------------

2 Stevenage 16 5 3 0 17 5 4 3 1 10 6 16 33
    3 Kettering 16 4 2 1 13 4 6 1 2 11 8 12 33
    4 Mansfield 17 6 1 1 19 6 4 1 4 10 14 9 32
    5 Luton 16 5 1 1 12 4 4 3 2 10 11 7 31

----------------------

6 York 16 5 4 0 16 7 2 2 3 7 8 8 27
    7 Kidderminster 17 6 0 3 14 8 2 3 3 9 9 6 27
    8 AFC Wimbledon 16 2 3 3 11 6 5 2 1 17 10 12 26
    9 Rushden & D'mnds 17 5 1 3 16 14 2 4 2 10 6 6 26
    10 Cambridge Utd 17 4 1 3 19 7 2 5 2 11 12 11 24
    11 Altrincham 17 2 4 3 8 9 4 2 2 10 7 2 24
    12 Histon 17 4 3 2 15 10 3 0 5 10 14 1 24
    13 Tamworth 17 4 2 2 13 11 1 5 3 10 12 0 22
    14 Crawley Town 17 5 1 2 12 9 1 3 5 3 14 -8 22
    15 Barrow 17 3 4 2 9 12 2 1 5 6 12 -9 20
    16 Wrexham 14 4 2 3 11 6 1 0 4 3 7 1 17
    17 Salisbury 17 4 3 1 10 4 4 0 5 12 18 0 17
    18 Eastbourne Boro 17 3 3 3 11 10 1 1 6 3 16 -12 16
    19 Gateshead 16 2 2 4 7 9 1 1 6 10 18 -10 12
    20 Hayes & Yeading 16 1 4 4 12 14 1 1 5 5 14 -11 11

--------------

21 Grays Athletic 16 2 2 3 7 11 0 3 6 9 20 -15 11
    22 Forest Green 17 1 3 4 6 12 1 2 6 8 24 -22 11
    23 Ebbsfleet United 17 0 4 4 5 11 1 2 6 3 18 -21 9
    24 Chester 16 2 0 6 8 12 1 6 1 4 7 -7 -10

23. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well well. Still out of the drop zone, and still lots of season ta go Barov.

Fly on ya Bluebirds, fly on.

24. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Were in the 1st round proper of the FA Cup this satdee, bluebirds.

25. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    read your post well done and ....i'm hooked!

i'm searching for an official team site and standings... feel free to post any of your faves.