Barra Playoff Tickets

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TCompton, Oct 26, 2003.

1. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Tix for 11/1 in the Barra?

Since is the first time I'll be at a United playoff game... are tickets in the Barra sold the same way as the regular season matches, i.e., at the Barra booth?

2. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    And, assuming they are being sold at the Barra booth, how much are they? I'm trying to convince/coerce/trick (you choose the word) friends into coming. Price is key in such coercion (that's the word I choose).

3. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    in the past it was usually a smart bet to just email Oscar and let him know how many tickets to set aside for you. (just in case the section did really fill up...) I am not sure how he wants to do this, this time around. But the chances that the section would fill up is pretty remote.

--I will try to get some answers and post them here quickly.

In short though, tickets SHOULD be bought the same way as usual (at the booth) and should be roughly the same price. (as a Barra member you will always get them cheaper regardless.) You migth just want to notify Oscar if you will need more then two or three seats.

I shall return with offical answers...

4. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Many thanks, McOwen.

5. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Available at the booth before the game...

6. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
  7. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Working on this... just out rocking late tonight...

As Red&Black stated they will be at the booth as normal. Unofficially, they will be a tiny bit more expensive (as mentioned by the SE's in their thread because the team raised prices a bit.) But they will NOT be more then $22-$23. I just need to get a hold of Oscar officially... (never easy my friends never easy!! :) )

I shall hopefully have full answers TODAY... at some point!

8. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    OFFICIAL TICKET INFORMATION

[​IMG]

BARRA BRAVA TICKET INFO:

Straight from the Generalisimo. Nothing too complicated for this weekend's game. Tickets are:

Members $22
    Non-members $25

(The price raise comes from the team.)

The Deal with PRE-ORDERS for Sat.: (and every game for that matter...)

As ALWAYS there will be FREE beer for Barra Brava members (21+). Oscar would like it if you dropped him an email, or phone call to let him know roughly how many people are planning on coming. This is good for a couple of reasons:

1.) A head count. Pre-ordering allows Oscar a semi-accurate head count prior to the game to gauge demand. (ie when he should show up... How many tickets he should have ready for members etc etc) NOTE: PR-ORDERING DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT TO THE GAME! We simply want to know (roughly) how many people to expect JUST in case there is a surprisngly large turnout. This also leads to point ....

2.) IF we do have a larger sized turnout, we MIGHT buy a BETTER keg then normal OR we could also buy a SECOND keg. I would like to get a BECK's, NEWCASTLE, or similiar keg for this game, but this would need a larger then normal crowd to justify the expense.

General Notes:
    It is requested that ALL BARRA MEMBERS please wear their Barra JERSIES or (in the word's of Tommy Chong, if you "want to be in uniform but all wear something different") wear your Barra T shirts.

WE would like to officially invite anyone who is NOT a Barra member to party with us (FREE beer as well). La Norte and the SE's specifically but non supporters clubbers as well. I want to see some of you La Norte guys hanging around that keg other then Sachin!!! It was really fun having you around for the Bolivia game and we should continue this "tradition" here.

Directions:
    [​IMG]

9. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Personally, I have always said the only way to have an intelligent conversation on Big Soccer is to talk to myself...

--Opps, did I just type that out loud? :D

err... Bump it baby!

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Cool deal.

bump :)

11. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: OFFICIAL TICKET INFORMATION

come by our party too mcowen and say hey to everyone. we have booze and some food too.

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I will do that my little Rivalries friend :D

13. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    what e-mail address should we use if we want to reach Oscar with our ticket requests?

14. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Use the one on the site it works. I know he gets those.

15. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    hozkar98@barra-brava.com

16. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Hey did you see we're listed in the NYSE?
    [​IMG]

Everyone invest in this company.
    Oscar and I decided to diversify the Barra.

www.barra.com

Next year viewing parties in Bermuda! ;)