Barcelona vs Zaragoza pre/post match comments[R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Sep 29, 2005.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    La Liga week 6, home game against Zaragoza. After this game there will be two weeks of due to internatonal matches. It would be nice to win this match in style before players leave Barcelona.

I will say this wont be an easy match for us but I am positive about the resoult. I predict win with two or three goals deference.

I believe Etoo abd Xavi might get rest this time or the same line-up as agaisnt Udinese. Marques and Edmislon will probably also in the team.

I guess soemthink like this:

Valdes
    Belletti Puyol Oleguer Sylvinho
    Van Bommel Marques Deco
    Messi Larsson Ronaldinho

later will probably came on Ezquerro, Maxi and Edmilson

We ll see. As long we are winning I dont care who plays ;)

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also have a good feeling about this match. Hope Maxi gets a good deal of time in it.

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Xavi and Oleguer should be next in the rest-based rotation plan. And sub off Eto'o earlier for Maxi. Has the RFEF ruled on Messi yet?

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Well, im not a true barca fan, even though my parents have been to plenty of their games... and i like to watch them on TV.

Well about the match, Ronaldinho will wear personalized gold boots, if anyone cares. It will not be a pushover team, but Barca are still the favorites.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have my opinion about Gold boots. But I guess following his hattrick he's allowed.

6. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    I think we win 3-1 giving up a goal on a corner of course to vary.

7. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Xavi out for tommorrows game.

8. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Team for Zaragoza match:
    Valdés, Jorquera, Puyol, Belletti, Edmilson, Sylvinho, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst, Van Bommel, Messi, Giuly, Deco, Eto'o, Márquez, Larsson, Ronaldinho, Ezquerro and Iniesta.

Xavi, Maxi, Motta and Gabri are left out of the team.

9. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think Xavi is a great creator but he needs a break. He has played alot of football in the last 14 months and may need a game or two off to get back to his best. This is not to say he has been playing poorly but he has seemingly disappeared on the pitch, it could be attributed to playing deeper, defensively, in the midfield, but his creativity and ball movement have been sorely missed. Plus, this mean a midfield of Marquez and Van Bommel can be put on display.

10. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are not as Gold as a thought but in a way even more-so. I think he had a pair of Half gold boots in the Confederations Cup

12. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Does anyone know how to post the pic of the boots.

The boots look exactly like the ones he normally wears. Here is a bried description from a news article:
    Nike has been given two pairs of special boots containing eight ounces of 24-carat gold estimated by manufacturers Nike to be worth $6,000.

The gold has been applied to the tongue, heel and the Nike "swoosh" on the side and is the same as the material used on athlete Michael Johnson's all-gold spikes he wore at the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

The boots also feature an embroidered letter "R" and the number 10, the shirt Ronaldinho wears for Barcelona, while the heel of the boot is embossed with five gold stars in honour of Brazil's five World Cup wins. "We were wondering how to give the boots a personal touch," said Ronaldinho. "So they copied the design of my neck chain to reproduce the "R" and added my number 10. I was very happy to take part in the gold design, so they are completely personalised."
    http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050930/i/r1699145127.jpg?x=279&y=345&sig=8DVvELebaMgoAoaWPAW3Aw--

13. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies
    lets go to the break on a positive note! xavi and eto are next in line for a rest i suspect eto will not play the 90mins

14. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    Since when do soccer players need blingbling. There's a perfect word in Spanish for Ronaldinho, and it is HORTERA.

15. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005

16. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Tommorrows ref is Mejia Davila we have had problems with this guy before.Guess where hes from? Madrid.I hope he goes unnoticed tommorrow.

17. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol! I thought it added a touch of class to the match. ;)

18. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005

19. Tomotle

Tomotle New Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    All I know is if Nike offers me $6,000 boots, I would take them too, the perks of being a superstar I guess. Don't hate.

20. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's the only argument they have left... they're pathetic.

21. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Ronnie deserves all the recognition he is getting, obviously some circles don`t like it even if they see it that way. Great gesture by Nike.

The match i expect us to to win this one even if Zaragoza is a decent side. i think like most sides that come to camp nou Zaragoza is expected to play defensively while counter attacking so we have to watch out. I guess they will start with Diego Milito and Ewerthon as thier front runners. They might crowd the midfield. In defence actually they seem stronger, Gabriel Milito and Agustin Aranzabal are quality defenders.

Xavi out and Maxi, others will play, 2-0 is my final prediction and hope we don`t let in lousy cheap goals.

22. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Messi wont start vs zaragoza.

23. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
  24. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club: