Barcelona vs Osasuna pre/post match comments [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Oct 21, 2005.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    This is going to be the first home game out of three in comming two weeks. A win is absolute must. I am sure if we win all three home matches that we have now we will be sitting at the top of La Liga in two weeks time! But for a start a win is needed. I dont demand 5-0, I would be happy with 1-0. All I want are three points!!! Osasuna is in fine form so we will have to show our best.

Here is 18 players list for Osasuna match (Iniesta, Motta and Maxi are out):
    Valdés, Jorquera, Belletti, Márquez, Puyol, Xavi, Larsson, Giuly, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Gio, Ezquerro, Edmílson, Sylvinho, Van Bommel, Deco, Oleguer,
    Messi

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n05102111.shtml

2. RaDiuM

RaDiuM Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I predict a really hard game fo Barcelona, no offense but Barca wont likely get the win, they should go for the draw and try to fix their defense for gods sake its horrible !! their midfield has been busy defending nad no one can pass it to the forwards which causes problems..

Prediction

FCB 1-2 Osasuna

3. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Osasuna's bubble will burst here and they will no longer be second. Easy 3 points for Barca, 3-0.

4. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we just assume that you're going to pick Barca to lose every game this season, and be done with you and your nonsense?

1902...a clean sheet for Barca in a win? I'll believe it when I see it. 3-1 Barca. Ossasuna will score within 15 minutes of Barca's first goal.

5. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    5-1 Blaugrana. It re-starts today.

6. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BARCELONA, October 21 (Primera Liga) - Barcelona star Ronaldinho is confident his team will triumph at home and abroad this season despite their indifferent start to the campaign.

The Catalan side take on Osasuna this weekend and will hope to fire a sharp riposte to their fans, who have become increasingly critical after their poor displays so far this term.

Key players like Deco and Ronaldinho have come in for the bulk of the criticism, with Portuguese international Deco hitting back by saying that he was enjoying playing football for his country more at the moment due to the strain.

Ronaldinho, however, believes that the team is now ready to turn their poor start around.

``We have begun differently to last season when everything went very well but at the same time, we are not that far away from the top of the table,'' said the FIFA World Player of the Year.

``It is a very even championship, more so than last year, while at the same time everyone now knows our style of play so they play with a more defensive system against us,'' he said.

``Football is all down to form and criticism never helps at all. Squad rotations are down to the coach and whether he feels that players need a break or not.

``Despite what has gone on I expect us to finish the season in similar fashion to last year. I think that Deco is playing as well as last year but the thing is that when things don't go well people always look for a reason.''

Rijkaard's rotation tactics have also been questioned for causing Barca's fluctuating performances, but he is set to continue them this Saturday by dropping Andres Iniesta and Thiago Motta from the squad.

Midfielder Rafael Marquez is a doubt after picking up an ankle injury against Panathinaikos in mid-week. Deco also broke a finger in the Champions League clash but will be fit to play.

Joint leaders Osasuna have had their best ever start to a campaign and coach Javier Aguirre denied that they would be just going to the Nou Camp just to enjoy the experience.

``We would have to be crazy to do that, we would go to a bar if we wanted to have a good time,'' said Aguirre incredulously.

``I don't want anyone to talk about our position in the table and I prefer it when no one mentions us, as that is what we are used to and what helps us perform at our best.

``It will be a difficult match in the Nou Camp as we have played their 27 times and yet only won on three occasions which says it all.

``The task will be hard if we allow Barcelona to have a lot of possession of the ball, as they have players with a lot of technical ability but if we are efficient then we can prevent this.''

Aguirre will also be without midfielder Marcelo Sosa for two to three weeks with an ankle injury.

7. banok

banok Member

May 26, 2005
    Budapest
  8. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Match is also live on Gol TV at 4 PM EST ... :)

I expect a 3-1 trimuph..time the sleeping giant wakes up. WE need to go on a nice run and hope the Madrid splits some games and maybe loses an unfortunate one so that we head into the superclassico with a much closer position

Our schedule should help, and Madrid has a tough run ahead of them

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is barca's chance. Lets see if they can step up.

10. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    oleguer starter lol this moron doesnt learn...

11. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    I'd love to see a NT lineup with Pavon & Oleguer as defensive pair. Excitement without end... :D

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hhahaa

13. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    anyone know if PPlive is streaming it? what channel please?
    Thanks

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pplive://pp2.pplive.com:8000/tracker?source={04b2ca26-a6d2-4808-b8e7-dffa23ac73e1}&type=udp&chnname=ettv%e7%b2%be%e5%bd %a9%e7%9b%b4%e6%92%ad&tracker=udpt://pp2.pplive.com:8000;udpt://pp1.pplive.com:8000;tcpt://pp2.pplive.com:8000;udpt://pp6.pplive.com:8000;tcpt://pp6.pplive.com:8000;

15. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    Nevermind.. thanks

16. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    deco just hit the post. barca in dominating, but cant score. thats unusual :rolleyes:

17. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    Can someone tell me what Messi story is? When did he move to Spain and how could he possibly become a Spanish citizen so fast?
    Thanks

18. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You could add Bravo as LB for even more mayhem.

Osasuna are defending well, but in the end Barça should score, they almost achieved it thanks to a great pass by Dinho.

19. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    You aint a madrid fan,right? :rolleyes:

20. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    Messi header off the crossbar......

21. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He could be an Alaves fan :D

22. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    I am, what da hell is that got to do with it, I like Messi and I think he is great... was hoping he would play for the NT.
    Chill

23. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Oh why did i think that?

24. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    Look, are u gonna tell me about him or not?
    I still like to know his storey, when did he move to spain, I am geussing at least 5 years ago.

25. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    Nevermind, he cant play for spain cause he already played for ARG.. thats all wanted to know