Barcelona vs. Inter- Argentina Edition

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by leomessi1919, Apr 28, 2010.

1. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I haven't been so pumped to watch a CL game in a while (or atleast since these two teams played last week :D) These are two "european" clubs, but lets not kid ourselves, the protagonists are Argies: Messi, the Militos, Zanetti, Samuel, and Cambiasso (and the rest are Brazilians: Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Motta, Alves. Honestly where would these european "giants" be without south americans?) My screen name may indicate otherwise, but I badly want to see Inter go through so Zanetti can lift the cup and stick to Maradona. The battle between the Milito bros should be EPIC. Another thing I'd like to see aside from the success from all the Argentines is a goal from Eto'o to show up ibra and guardiola.

FORZA INTER! GRANDE PUPI!

2. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Samuel playing out of this world.
    The red card was very soft, nice acting by Busquet...at least he is talented at something.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's 0-0 on the Half-time, looking complicated for Barcelona so far, Inter is down with 10 but they're handling it well at least for now.

Regarding Motta, well it was worth a yellow card and he already had one, so yeah.

Samuel so far has been the best among the argentines, Gaby Milito is playing as a left back.

4. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Samuel has been AMAZING. So has Zanetti and of all people Eto'o is doing a good job defending as mourinho had reshuffle following the pathetic red car. busquets is a disgrace

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I began watching this as a neutral, but after that card I am all for Inter.

6. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did anyone notice the non-hug between Cambiasso and Messi? What's up with that?!?!

7. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    just because they are argentine doesn't mean they should get along. I could care less. If Inter wins the Champions than Internazionale will probably have a statue of Javier Zanetti put up.

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, they don't need to get along but you would expect their "saludo" to be less frigid and slightly more relaxed. It's not like they haven't been playing along side each other for the past 5 years, no?

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well in the end the team with the most argentines made it to the final.;)

10. ELMELOH

ELMELOH New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maradona is being a pan he needs to take zanetti and cuchu

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is it possible that Maradona may hold a grudge against Inter players from his Napoli days, just like he does against River players? I mean Cambiasso played for both clubs, so he's got both going against him;)

12. zant

zant Member

Sep 7, 2009
    trikala,greece
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Could it be that cambiasso feels messi is responsible for his not being called by maradona?

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi will be nice and rested for the WC and the game vs Canada. I think he needs to make an impression on the fans before he goes. The CL final then two days latter it's the game vs Canada. It will do him good to be around the guys and build up the team from there.

I feel for Barca because the manner Inter played but it will always has to be country over club.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I did catch Messi and Cambiasso have some words during the game. I do not want to say it is envy or anything but I doubt Messi has anything to do with who he does NOT want there. I know he did say he wants Gaby Milito there but him not wanting certain players... Not so sure.

15. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Okay, la pulga had two bad games. And it also means, that the footballer of the year-awards will only go to him, if he will play an outstanding WC.

16. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The way Inter played was in part forced by that disgraceful bit of acting by Busquets. Mourinho was going to play defensively regardless, but what would you do if you had to play against Barca for 60 minutes with 10 men in the nou camp? I mean it was a no brainer.

Messi will be rested which is good.

Zanetti will lift the cup, but still won't go and neither will Cambiasso. I wonder when the last time the CL-winning captain didn't go to the WC?

EDIT: it was 1998 when Manuel Sanchis was the Real madrid captain

17. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean its not out of the realm of possibilities. it is beyond me how anyone who watched that game wouldn't want cuchu or pupi. sadly, i think it is a personal thing, not a club thing

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What butter and biscuits(Busquets) did was wrong, yup. But Inter was doing that before he got sent off. Sit back and sit and sit back and even counter. I can understand you sit back, but at least counter. Valdes was playing at the halfway line.

I wouldn't count out Munich just yet. I think they have the stuff to win the game, but who knows if Capone will be back by then (lol). I will likely miss the game, you have a Italian and a German team which will put me to sleep. Sure they may not play that style but it is a pretty dull final.

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And there goes the OVERHELMING dominance of Spain and England in Europe.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, it happens time to time. A few years ago there was a Monaco-Porto final(I can not tell you anything about that game) but I think the teams will be back in the hunt. Messi looked a bit pist/sad after the game I hope this does not linger around with him. He has 4 more games and comes home.Last game is May 16th. If they win the title, he leaves around May 18th, gets home in time and is fully fit.

21. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mentioned that to my cousin and he said "could it be that Messi blames Cambiasso for not getting to play against Germany in '06?"

Who knows anything is possible.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have to agree with this, if you watch the game closely you will see the both Cambiasso and Zanetti were probably the only ones that EFFECTIVELY closed down Messi.

23. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To a certain degree, I hope that the Barcelona fans blame him. I want that to light the fire in his belly. Then prove to the world he's the best during the World Cup.

24. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    like messi campaigned for G milito's inclusion, he should tell Maradona that no one shut him down all season until he Pupi and Cuchu.

I won't give up hope, after all, a while ago it seemed impossible that Higuain would ever play, and he was called. The same thing happened with Samuel. Maybe Maradona will wake up and realize that Zanetti, not Otamendi, needs to be in the world cup.

25. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    :confused:

except Messi actually had a pretty good game. Took a miraculous save and a botched header by Bojan to deny him a goal&assist