Barcelona vs Galaxy August 6-8

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by socluis90, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Since Barcelona isn't playing Chivas USA or the Galaxy, its not much of a problem that they aren't playing at the HDC.

2. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    At least an MLS team is involved somehow this time. I still remember the Manure MLS snub.

3. LOSTT

LOSTT Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Man..what a load of crap this has turned out to be. Barca is playing an MFL team (probably Chivas) and Chivas USA is also part of the double header. Chivas USA?? Worst team in the league last season gets to be part of the party and our beloved champs don't even get a crack @ Barca. DAMN!!**nodding head in disbelief**

Serious question: Do you guys think our boys would be involved in this tour had Doug Hamilton (RIP) not passed?

Now how is playing an MFL team or MFL teams in the US and not playing MLS teams (well besides NYRB, but they don't really count) going to help US futbol grow?? This is just one big slap in the face.

CHUCK FIVAS!

4. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well let's not turn this into a f*** Chivas thread.

And its not like the Galaxy will not get any "love" I recall someone saying Chelsea was going to play at the All-Star Game, and have a friendly against the Galaxy as well.

P.S. This was before the Teams You Love to Hate alliance.

5. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    As a fan i'm heated that MLS didn't jump on the chance of hosting Barcelona at the HDC following the success they had with Real Madrid. From a business point of view, it's a no brainer.

You are guranteed to pull highers numbers if you have the Spanish team play a Mexican club team. Especially if it's held at the concrete jungle known as the Los Angeles Coliseum.

In 2003 Manchester United played Club America and I'm sure the attendance was much higher than the Real Madrid vs Galaxy exhibition.

[​IMG]

So until the day Chelsea comes and plays the G's at our cathedral, anybody that wants to see Jar Jar Binks and company has to head to the concrete jungle.

6. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it's not the Galaxy, but we should probably all go for the chance to se Ronaldinho. Fortunately we got to see Zidane while he was still on top of the game. Ronaldinho is the heir-apparent for that status. He's already the best attacking player in the world and already on track to collect as many honors as Zidane.

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Someone finally noticed the Star Wars/soccer connection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, include as in Sanchez will be playing in goal for Barcelona? Doesn't he currently play for Chivas? That would be an overlap if the opponent is Chivas- improving one of the teams on display by taking from another.

9. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the MLSnet ticket deposit offer says the tickets will be combined with a separate MLS game. Does this mean another game beyond the MLS game in the double-header?

10. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was really looking forward to seeing the Gals play another great team , and now some damn Mexican team gets to play them in the Coliseum . That really sucks , but I'm still going to go just so I can see Ronaldinho and Eto

11. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dead in this country

f--k catering to f--king latinos living in this country.

Off of their immigrant backs soccer will languish in this country. Hey white man, tell the f--king latinos in this country get with american soccer program or get with something else.

Stop spoon feeding these babies for that dollar. whoring out once hallowed grounds for that immigrant explotation.

F.C barcelona will come here and make their millions and hoards of silly Chivas guadalajara fans will be happy to be catered to once again. All the while there are not 1 but 2 professional soccer teams whose backyard you will be playing in, being ignored once again for the all mighty dollar.

Any Galaxy fans who pay to view this spectacle is not a "real" galaxy fan, or someone who believes in us soccer or MLS. Your shite, not worthy to don the Galaxy kit or attend their games. Your a sheep.

f--k barca, at least I know the american media wont give you what you want... exposure, cuz you dont deserve it, but mostly cuz they dont care about soccer... especially euro-football. so when you come here trying to push your ronaldinho on our kids, so they run right out and buy that #10 jersey for $100. let me help ya out. dont waste your time. or you'll end up having to buy back alot of product.

12. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Good to see the crack is still good in Cali.

13. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but TequilaJoal wont leave any for the rest of us.

14. Delerium redded

Delerium redded Red Card

Mar 6, 2006
    PHX, AZ
    Re: Dead in this country

hahah stupid retarded redneck peice of shit. talking all this shit about latinos and his stupidass likes tequila. first of all shut the fuq up , ya they provide to latinos because theirs money to make, so what? thats business you fuqing moron. they put up a show we like so of course we attend. Just like your whore ass mom would attend an all country festival, with all your drunken uncles and cousins, who are all married to each other. haha too bad more latinos are coming and theirs absolutely NOTHING YOU can do about it. live with it because i know and we know you wouldnt have the balls to walk up to a latino and tell them to leave , ud get bitch slapped just like the bitch you are. eat a dlck and go back to pimping your slut of mother. haha bitchboy. :D

15. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Apparently there is enough for at least the guy who's post is above this one...

16. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but he's in Phoenix, different scenes. :D I say deport both assholes.

17. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    point

I cant expect most of you to understand what it is I am saying. Most of you are liberal in theology but completely closed minded to someones opinion when it comes in a terse statement.

But I still like the high school-ish like dismissal of me, you guys are real class.

18. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Actually I am a Republican and have been accused of being racist (wrongfully IMO) by some liberals on this board. But the presentation of your opinions makes you come off as an angry idiot.

19. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, me too. :D We dismiss you because you over-react like a hypocondriac who steps outside and sneezes.

20. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    for the record, this liberal concurs with the "angry idiot" tag on TJ.

there is hope for the country after all.

21. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    At the end of the day it comes down to dollars not ethnicities.

Barcelona will stand to make more $$$ playing a game at the Coliseum rather than the Home Depot Center. Also if you throw in Chivas or America that number will drastically increase.

Barcelona could care less if there is Mexicans, Caucasians, African-American, or Cambodians in those seats. The only color that matters to them is green.

Also, how soon we forget we already had the opportunity to host Real Madrid, which in my opinion has more stars than Barcelona.

If it wasn't for these "immigrants" that served as the fan base back in the 1990's, when MLS was just a thought, we wouldn't even have a league.

So let's be patient and wait for Chelsea and keep the RACIST thoughts to ourselves.

Man-I oughta be a moderator. :rolleyes:

22. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anti-semitic?:confused: You may want to take that mod test again.:rolleyes:

23. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    9 out of 10 ain't bad

Go Galaxy

24. RMoreno

RMoreno Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I completely agree with you TequilaJoal. Why should they cater to "those people" when they should be catering to YOUR ignorant ass!?

-don't worry about the media coverage. If the local english media can ignore 500,000 immigrants marching peacefully for immigration reform, then they will have NO problem ignoring 90,000 cheering and celebrating the beautiful game.

The only ones that will be watching will be the MLS and sponsors. This will strenghten the arguement that their is a HUGE market for SOCCER in the US and especially the LA area.

Should they turn this opportunity to bring all people from the Southland to an International Event or should they turn it into an elite event where only the snobby will fit in the HDC?
    Despite having the REAL galacticos so close, many working families where priced out. Many tix went to sponsors or wannabes that just wanted to "bend it with Beckem".

These are the same families that could not afford the hundreds of dollars to have their kids attend the "kids camps".

I know that the colesium will have some expensive seats but they woun't ALL be outrages.

FYI - Chivas (Guadalajara) is going thru a great stretch right now. They are in the top five in the FMF league and are in First Place in their Libertadores Group after beating Current Libertadores Champion and Current World Club Champion not once but Twice! they are a good choice to attract the crowds AND attract the Club, Barcelona, (for a price about $1.5 mil)

Besides, even though the Galaxy won the "double" it was pretty embarrassing watching Real Madrid just mess with them. It was obvious that they held back and took it easy on the Gals.

I am in NO WAY bashing the Galaxy, I have been a fan since the beginning and have that fugly first year jersey to prove it. I just don't think that making uniformed comments against a particular group.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    :mad:

25. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Re: point

As a proud latino Tequila Joal, I understand what you mean. I am big MLS fan that is proud to be Mexican-American, I am soccer fan that wants soccer to grow in the US. I hope that MLS one day can be as big as the NFL or MLB and players from all over the world dream of coming and playing for MLS. In order for that to happen we need all the breaks we can get. It has been proven that our media in the US does not care about the growth of US Soccer, in reality nobody does. I really think that Don Garber made a mistake in catering to the Mexican futbol League(MFL) instead of MLS.
    Lets just understand that this upcoming tournament was proposed to Don Garber who accepted the deal. That is the reason that Latinos should not be blamed for Don Garbers strategic planning nor does it give you the right to attack latinos the way you are currently doing. I respect your opinion and I do see your point which I agree, but please show more respect and class. We are all trying to make US Soccer grow and by fighting with one another "WE" will never accomplish our goal.