Barcelona vs Galaxy August 6-8

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by socluis90, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the configuration for motocross left some sections empty, I'm pretty sure every available seat at the HDC for the X-Games gets filled. Motocross/Supercross has done big business in SoCal for decades, so these events need all the seating capacity they can get, which is why they should move it back to the Coliseum... :)

2. Bayer04fan

Bayer04fan New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA,USA
    I wouldn't say Barca is the greatest team in the world. They clearly are an inferior team w/o Ronaldinho. They have struggle without him on many occassions but with that being said, I will still be there:)

3. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Interesting, sounds really familiar to us, maybe this game will be interesting.

The game has to be at the HDC for me to go.

4. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the X-Games are happening that weekend, it looks like you're not going then...

5. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like a doubleheader and we aren't involved.

from LA Times....

6. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes it says either/or and yes you have been left out of the party!!! :D

http://www.newenglandsoccernews.com/article.php?article_id=465

7. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's probably the same place I got Barcelona and Depor scarves.

8. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Either way, I'm wearing my Barca shirt and my Anti-Madrista scarf and shelling out whatever they're asking.

9. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You must be a true fan to hate the "Madristas" so much.:rolleyes:

10. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got screwed :(

11. Dammit! FC

Dammit! FC New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Speaking of Barcelona, is that Ronaldinho commercial real? The one where he kicks the ball off the cross-bar like four times in a row? At first I thought Bull-sh-t, but then I thought maybe they did it over 20 or 30 takes.

Anyways, just to get it straight, it will be Barcelona v Galaxy and Chivass v. Revs?

12. kakaboypuf redded

Feb 1, 2006
    Rotterdam

no

and its only been said on these boards about 14239 times

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    No. Revs-Chivas USA and Barcelona-Mexican club. It could be Chivas but the Times says Chivas might be in Copa Lib.

14. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
  15. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    i feel bad for Barca. we hosted Real Madrid in our beautiful home, but they have to play some MFL club in that run down trash bucket of a stadium. that's not a very impressive example of the progress soccer has really made here.

oh well, at least the good name of the Galaxy won't be tarnished by it.

16. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    yeah, cause none of you guys have ever come to our board and said like far worse things, racial things, inciteful crap cause you guys are all classy

:rolleyes:

17. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    and you get to call posts on your boards as you see it right there. i don't even post on your boards any more because any opinion you guys don't like gets the whole, your'e a racist crap.

which is really stupid, i think, considering your own owners comments that all you Chivas USA fans try to brush off.

18. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    A typo--sue me.

19. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's actually very simple,LA opinion published today that Barcelona will include Giovanni DoSantos (from Barcelona A) and mexican GK Oswaldo Sanchez, who is going to be evaluated by Barca before signing a contract. so why settle for 25,000 fans when you could have 90,000 mexicans, prices will be the same probably.

I would have rather go to the HDC, parking its a nightmare on the Colisseum. but there is a clausule in the contract; if a big name is missing from the Barcelona squad, there will be reductions to the 1.5 million Dlls. that Barca is asking for this match. Anyway, they could be playing the Red Bulls for all I care, I wouldnt miss it.

see you saturday guys.

20. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Besides I think filling a stadium with 90,000 fans in the US, for a soccer match reflects very well on possible bussines ventures for Barca, Jean Laporta already expressed his interest in the MLS, what better situation to convince him than an historic stadium sold out (and he carrrying home a cool 1.5 Million Bucks)

21. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    i didn't say there wasn't a reason for it. obviously, the Coliseum will make more money. i just think the stadium is a concrete pit. and i think the HDC is lovely and a nicer place to host a game.

Hamilton said when Real came that the Galaxy could have made more money playing the game elsewhere, but they wanted to showcase their home stadium and the Real team was supposedly quite impressed. that's being a good host.

felt a little bad for Barca, is all. they're a good team that deserved the nicest stadium in LA. that's not the coliseaum.

oh well

and jg pepe, i'll give props for your fan classiness any time. respect. see you on Sat.

22. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ

Answer to questions 1 and 2:
    Ping pong

Answer to question 3:
    Barcelona August tour

23. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Speaking of nightmare parking, the HDC parking lot became full 20 minutes before the game so they sent us off 3 miles away to Sears. That's not exactly an ideal parking situation. Also took 15 minutes just to get off the freeway.

24. Dammit! FC

Dammit! FC New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Thank you. You are my favorite Chupacabra ever.

BTW, this sucks. It's irritating enough to make me want to back that Republican immigration bill. :rolleyes:

25. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chuck Fivas.